PDA

View Full Version : Decatur's pre-district schedule 2004

Chief Woodman
02-04-2004, 11:14 PM
All playoff teams.....try this on for size......

Gainesville
Graham
Abilene Wylie
4A Dunbar
Burkburnett

I understand that Celina has agreed to play...but not in concrete yet. This is in case the new Carrolton Creekview does not field a Varsity team? Could be intresting

<small>[ February 04, 2004, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Chief Woodman ]</small>

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-05-2004, 12:43 AM
District should be a breeze compared to that! Hey Chief, was your son a senior? If so is he going to play college?

Chief Woodman
02-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Yep son was a senior. He has been accepted at the A&M business school, and has been invited to be in the honors program there. Class size in that program is 10 students to 1 instructor. I think he has decided that is the best route. I haven't pushed him one way or the other as it is his life. But after I have spoken with 2 former NFL players and several former D-1 college players I think he has made a good choice. It is also looking like he may have an oportunity to be mentored by Craig James the former SMU player and NFL player. He also has a good oportunity to do some stuff with the Colonial Golf event and maybe even the Masters in Georgia. Yet, at least two folks are really encouraging him to walk on at A&M, so who knows.
Congrats on your sons decision and opportunity that he has. I hope things work out well for him. It is such a big transition.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-05-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm sure your proud of him. Aggies really stick together. I spent a summer at the Exectuive Center there across from the Bush Center. It was great. Also, can't come close to 10:1 ratio anywhere that I know of. Your son sure was a heck of a football player and he will have some great memories.

Take care~

Chief Woodman:
Yep son was a senior. He has been accepted at the A&M business school, and has been invited to be in the honors program there. Class size in that program is 10 students to 1 instructor. I think he has decided that is the best route. I haven't pushed him one way or the other as it is his life. But after I have spoken with 2 former NFL players and several former D-1 college players I think he has made a good choice. It is also looking like he may have an oportunity to be mentored by Craig James the former SMU player and NFL player. He also has a good oportunity to do some stuff with the Colonial Golf event and maybe even the Masters in Georgia. Yet, at least two folks are really encouraging him to walk on at A&M, so who knows.
Congrats on your sons decision and opportunity that he has. I hope things work out well for him. It is such a big transition.

shsu62
02-05-2004, 03:55 PM
Non-District does look a little tough-Nothing the Eagles cant handle. THey need to play up to be ready for the playoffs again especially with what looks to be a week district. Like you said Chief, The transition from High School to College is Huge. Going from one of the bigger O-Lineman to the smallest was a shock- Speed Kills. There is so much more speed at the college Level. Everything is a step up just like every step in football. It can be done with hard work and dedication but the transition with not just playing but the balance of school and football when it seems to take up all of your time. It is a great experience and fun times just a whole new level