PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas vs 4a Brenham Cubs.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Bellville will travel to Blue Bell country for a meeting with the Cubs, Brenham will be the favorite in their 4a district. This will be a good test for the Brahmas.

Bull's-eye
08-10-2008, 10:07 PM
What time? Timmy D said he wants to make the trip.

rancher
08-11-2008, 07:24 AM
Is the game in Brenham this year. Would also need the time. Thanks. Also anyone know where Sealy is playing and the time.

Brahma84
08-11-2008, 08:48 AM
The game will be in Brenham again this year. All of the teams will start @ 10:00.

Bull's-eye
08-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Brahma84
The game will be in Brenham again this year. All of the teams will start @ 10:00.

Did you see the Bellville inner-squad scrimmage? If yes, give us your thoughts on this year's team.

Brahma84
08-11-2008, 11:18 AM
It's hard to tell from a scrimmage, especially when the starters are going against the scout team. It's going to take Mueller a little while to get comfortable at QB. He has not been back there for a few seasons. Nunn will be solid. Runnels and Houston also looked good at RB. Bellville is changing up their defense a little this season and it going to take a few games for them to get used to it. I think they have some very athletic players this year. Who knows, it's too early to tell.

rancher
08-11-2008, 02:06 PM
It was the Garrett Nunn shown saturday. He was a man amoung boys. Will see Saturday how good he is. Running backs are loaded with speed. Mueller was a big surprise to me, he is very much an upgrade over last year at QB. In my opinion could develop into another Jack Wallace. However, he exhibited that he cannot throw long, looked like a wounded duck. Defense was very small except for a big outside linebacker that was also a running back. The did appear to be quick. The offensive line looked to lack speed, strength and size.

Necks_Fan
08-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by rancher
The offensive line looked to lack speed, strength and size. That can't be good.....

navscanmaster
08-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
That can't be good.....

No doubt:(

Bulligator
08-11-2008, 03:57 PM
The O-line & D-Line may be the weak points on the team. However, as long as they can hold their blocks so Nunn and the others can get past the line of scrimmage, things may be OK. The O-line probably averages about 230 counting Babin.

The defense, also not overly big, has better quickness and speed in most positions. They were running 6 juniors and 5 seniors on first team Saturday night. There weren’t many, if any, going both ways on first team. This may need to change during the season so the best athletes will be on the field when needed.

Another concern is probably the kicking game. Last year it was non-existent. Hopefully there are some underclassmen who can kick and punt.

The intensity looked good, and there were a lot of kids suited up. The scrimmage Saturday will answer a lot more questions. Is Brenham ranked in any of the pre-season polls?

Bull's-eye
08-11-2008, 04:15 PM
The offensive line looked to lack speed, strength and size.

I thought they had an offensive tackle that was 6'4" & 250 lbs and don't they return their starting center? Huey stated in the Bellville Times that they had a very talented group on the offensive line.

KL3
08-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Anybody have a list of names for the starting offense and defense.

Bulls-eye, I was going to say the same thing about Coach Chancellor's comments about the oline.

Brahma84
08-11-2008, 08:26 PM
I think these were the starters on Sat.

On defense: Stark(Sr), Hardy(Sr), Gilmore(Jr), Hackemack(Sr), G. Jackson(Jr), J. Jackson(Jr), Kennedy(Jr), Polk(Jr), Median(Sr), Tallerine(Sr) and Browning(Jr)

On offense I'm not quite sure. Mueller(Jr), Huebner(Sr), Babin(Sr), Salinas(Soph), Ayala(Sr), Nunn(Sr), Runnels(Jr), and Dodd(Sr) for sure. Then some receivers and tight-ends that rotate in.

I'm sure that before the season begins there will be lots of changes.

KL3
08-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks, 84.

So is Browning at safety now?

brahmafan01
08-12-2008, 01:12 AM
rancher, obviously you don't know much about the Brahmas and especially their o-line. The two guards and center all run the forty in under 4.8, and as for their sizes, Babin- 6'5, 275. Ayala- 5'10, 220. Huebner 6'3, 205. Doyle- 6'2, 225. Salinas- 6'0, 230. That seems like pretty good size to me especially with the speed they have.

rancher
08-12-2008, 06:11 AM
Dont know who you were watching Saturday night, but it was not the same O--Line that I saw, only the tackle had any size. The rest were small, slow and look weak. Saturday will be the real test, will see then.

Pudlugger
08-12-2008, 06:56 AM
If Bellville's guards run the 40 in 4.8 they are playing in the wrong positions. Give them the football. How many rbs over 230lbs running 4.8 do you find in 3a hs football? They would be beasts! :eek:

rancher
08-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Im with you on that one. I tell it like it is the good, bad and ugly. No way in the 40 times he posted, unless you had a homer as timekeeper. 40 times mean nothing for lineman, it is who is the quickest in the first three to four steps.

DDBooger
08-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Im with you on that one. I tell it like it is the good, bad and ugly. No way in the 40 times he posted, unless you had a homer as timekeeper. 40 times mean nothing for lineman, it is who is the quickest in the first three to four steps. not saying they didn't run those, cause I have no idea who they are., but I always take particulars(40s, ht, wt etc) with a grain of salt, always inflated, always homerized! lmao

Brahma84
08-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Most of the O line are players that have been moved into that position this year. Ayala was a LB, and Doyle was a DE. These two do move well. Don't know about Salinas. Huebner also runs well. It is going to take this line a little while to figure everything out. Give them some time, they should come around.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
How many rbs over 230lbs running 4.8 do you find in 3a hs football? They would be beasts! :eek:

GARRETT NUNN found on page 277 of Dave Campbells Texas Football Magazine. Garrett is one of Daves Money Players. Garrett runs a 4.5 and is over 220lbs.

tortilla_man
08-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Salinas played G and DT last year on freshmen team.

rancher
08-12-2008, 11:22 AM
How much time will they need, maybe a whole season, like I said the O-Line is very weak.

Bull's-eye
08-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
I think these were the starters on Sat.

On defense: Stark(Sr), Hardy(Sr), Gilmore(Jr), Hackemack(Sr), G. Jackson(Jr), J. Jackson(Jr), Kennedy(Jr), Polk(Jr), Median(Sr), Tallerine(Sr) and Browning(Jr)

Is Bellville playing a 4-3 defense? Like KL3 asked, has Browning moved to safety or is he still at LB? Who is the MLB? Secondary should be Medina, Tallerine, Kennedy & ?

Bull's-eye
08-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Any reports on the new sophomores? I saw Salinas starting on the O-line, but are there any others? Greenville was mentioned in DCTF and how about those Reese twins?

Bulligator
08-12-2008, 01:01 PM
There were no sophs starting that I saw. Reese twins were on JV. Greenville was 2nd defense lineman.
A few others sophs were running 2nd team offense. Knoll, the QB was playing. Dornan was on the sideline in street clothes.

Defense looked like a 3 5 3. Browning was playing stand up end.
J. Jackson at MLB, G. Jackson and Hackemack at OLB's. The defense should be stout. Looked like the LB's will be firing the gaps.

Bull's-eye
08-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks Bulligator! Do you know the Red Mustache? He's from Raccoon Bend.

KL3
08-12-2008, 06:00 PM
With the depth and talen at LB Bellville has, I was thinking the coaches wanted to get all those guys on the field. And that's not even including Wayne Houston, who has played LB also but looks like he's gonna play more RB.

About the Reese twins, there is a lot of skill position talent already on the varsity, so they will get a lot more p.t. on the j.v.

navscanmaster
08-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Thanks Bulligator! Do you know the Red Mustache? He's from Raccoon Bend.

Really? I always thought he was a little "squirrelly" myself.:p

Okay, that sucked. :dispntd:

bvillebrahma010
08-13-2008, 12:56 AM
rancher dude, when you start bashing an OL because they are slow, specify it first! you said they are SLOW, not that they didnt have QUICKNESS!! they are two completely different things!! they are all under a 5.0 40 time, not that it matters, but you did say speed huebner i think runs like a 4.6 or 4.7 and babin runs a 4.9 and he weighs 280 lbs! the offensive line may not all be quick, but i can assure you, they are fast!! idc what ppl say, bellville WILL turn heads this year. we are getting back on the map after last years downfall...

navscanmaster
08-13-2008, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
rancher dude, when you start bashing an OL because they are slow, specify it first! you said they are SLOW, not that they didnt have QUICKNESS!! they are two completely different things!! they are all under a 5.0 40 time, not that it matters, but you did say speed huebner i think runs like a 4.6 or 4.7 and babin runs a 4.9 and he weighs 280 lbs! the offensive line may not all be quick, but i can assure you, they are fast!! idc what ppl say, bellville WILL turn heads this year. we are getting back on the map after last years downfall...

This guy is really getting me hyped up. Go Brahmas!

Bull's-eye
08-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Is Babin really 275 lbs? I thought he was about 250 lbs. Looking forward to the scrimmage. FBB, are you going? If so, you can pick up some of those Brahma Red Blue Bell Pops. :)

Bulligator
08-14-2008, 11:56 AM
FYI - The scrimmage has ben moved up to 7:30 am Saturday morning due to the funeral of the Brenham football player.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Is Babin really 275 lbs? I thought he was about 250 lbs. Looking forward to the scrimmage. FBB, are you going? If so, you can pick up some of those Brahma Red Blue Bell Pops. :)

We can just walk across the street to Blue Bell after the scrimmage is over. We can get a case of Brahma Red Pops.
Will you and T.D, get to Brenham by 7:30?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-14-2008, 02:45 PM
rancher dude, when you start bashing an OL because they are slow, specify it first! you said they are SLOW, bellville WILL turn heads this year. we are getting back on the map after last years downfall...

Good post, Go Bellville!!!!!!!!

Bull's-eye
08-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
We can just walk across the street to Blue Bell after the scrimmage is over. We can get a case of Brahma Red Pops.
Will you and T.D, get to Brenham by 7:30?

Too early for your cousin, but I should be there. Please save me a seat, I'm sure the stand will be full at 7:30 am. :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Too early for your cousin, but I should be there. Please save me a seat, I'm sure the stand will be full at 7:30 am. :D

TD might have a late night with the Big sisters.:D

Necks_Fan
08-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Babin runs a 4.9 and he weighs 280 lbs! I don't believe this for 1 second.

I also have a REALLY hard time believing that ANY lineman from Bellville runs a 4.6 as well.

Pudlugger
08-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Maybe he means the 40 foot dash LOL.:D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Maybe he means the 40 foot dash LOL.:D

If you would have seen Bellville vs Brenham this morning, you might not make fun of Bellville anymore. It was all Bellville this morning vs a 4a team picked to win their district. It might be very early in the season, but what the fans saw in the young Bellville team this morning, the season looks promising.
Way to go Bellville, keep it up!

Pudlugger
08-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Way to go Brahmas. It looks like Bellville is back. 5-0 against Brenham is remarkable. I guess those lineman are fast enough LOL.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Way to go Brahmas. It looks like Bellville is back. 5-0 against Brenham is remarkable. I guess those lineman are fast enough LOL.

There were 2 other times Bellville drove the field got to the inside the 10 and ran out of time.
Anyone who says Bellville has small and slow lineman they havent seen them. They are not slow, and they are not that small.
Just keep it up and Bellville will be back on track.