PDA

View Full Version : Sinton rate the teams

rholl
12-05-2002, 06:05 PM
OK Sinton fans I'm doing a little dreaming here and realized that yall are the ones that have the best idea of the teams left playing. I realize that it was last yr when you played Everman but its the best comparison I could think of. From a fans perspective compare Evermans team from last yr and Burnet for this yr.

sinton66
12-05-2002, 07:55 PM
There is no basis for such a comparison, because last year's Sinton team did not play both teams, and neither did this year's Sinton team. We were a different team from last year. But if you're asking for a personal opinion, Sinton or Everman's teams from last year could have beaten anybody in 3a and most in 4a.

sntnpirate1316
12-05-2002, 07:57 PM
im going with burnet over everman in the big game

sinton66
12-05-2002, 08:05 PM
sntnpirate1316:
im going with burnet over everman in the big gameOk, but that's not what he was asking.

sntnpirate1316
12-05-2002, 08:25 PM
well i think generally last years everman team was bigger
maybe not taller(referring to burnet's 6'7" tightend)
but this years burnet team is faster
better 66?

sinton66
12-05-2002, 08:56 PM
More to the point, but I would have to disagree on the speed, I don't think this year's Burnet team is as fast. That's really hard to judge though, I didn't see them against last year's Sinton team.

rholl
12-05-2002, 09:32 PM
OK 66..I realize that they are 2 different teams ...but your team is the one that played them both...and I asked from a fans perspective. For example last yrs Everman team seemed kinda smallish in the o and d lines compared to this yrs Burnet team but Evermans team might have had a little more speed at the skills! Thats the kind of comparison I was talking about...yes I'm asking about personal opinions and I'm not looking to dispute any observations anyone has...its just that Sinton is the lone team I can think of that has any ability to compare the two team! Thanks!

Ozzy
12-05-2002, 09:59 PM
Why does everyone assume that Burnet is "slow" at the skill positions? Is it a racial thing? Believe it or not, sum white folks kin run purdy dang faste! eek!

rholl
12-05-2002, 10:27 PM
Ozzy...I was just making an example....don't read things into it that aren't there. I haven't seen Burnet so I'm just trying to see them through someone elses eyes. I don't think anyone on this thread has said anything about how slow Burnet is..even after I read them again.

sinton66
12-05-2002, 11:01 PM
Ok, last year's Everman and Sinton teams appeared faster overall than this year's Burnet team. The lines from both Sinton and Everman last year were comparable to Burnet's this year. Everman's defensive backfield last year was the fastest I have ever seen anywhere, and Sinton's were very similar. Not only was Everman fast, but they had super pass defensive skills. Two of our turnovers last year came on passes completed to both backs coming out of the backfield, then stripped at full speed by Everman's DB's. I honestly think Burnet this year would have come up a little short against either of these teams last year. But, that's just my opinion.

Sinton_Playa 70
12-05-2002, 11:13 PM
No offense to Burnet but last years Everman and Sinton teams were a whole lot better but this year Burnet is the big dog because they ousted us out of the playoffs. Everman had the speed, talent and leadership. Burnet had average speed but over average speed in wide reciever Jordan Shipley. They had bigger guys this year on the Burnet team. I say if it was last years Sinton team vs this years Burnet team we would have had a better chance of winning. We played our hearts out and that is it. I feel like the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP is up for grabs this year. There is no one dominant team in 3a...Everman maybe because of the scores they have had besides Kennedale...but it could be anyone's game
Lead, follow, or get out of the way!!

rholl
12-05-2002, 11:27 PM
OK thanks 66 and 70...thats exactly the kinds of answers I was looking for....good comparisons!!!