PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Decision by NBC doesnt make sense

wimbo_pro
08-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Apaprently NBC made a huge issue with China and the IOC about wanting events to start in the morning in China so it could be seen live in the U.S. in the evenings (approx. a 14 hour time difference).

Well...NBC won. NOW, they tape delay the broadcast 3 hours to the west coast!! Unbelievable.

VAMike
08-10-2008, 02:08 PM
TV runs major sports nowadays. That is why we have some of the stuff you are going to see this year during NCAA football broadcasts, i.e. runner goes out of bounds, clock will start as soon as it is brought back in bounds and made ready for play.

wimbo_pro
08-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by VAMike
TV runs major sports nowadays. That is why we have some of the stuff you are going to see this year during NCAA football broadcasts, i.e. runner goes out of bounds, clock will start as soon as it is brought back in bounds and made ready for play.

Wow!! I never heard this till now...so no more "stopping the clock" with running out of bounds (I understand it does stop the clock, but you know what i mean)? Or do they allow it to stop with a certain time, like 2 minutes to go or something?

VAMike
08-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Last 2 minutres of a half it will stay stopped.

Additup
08-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Wow!! I never heard this till now...so no more "stopping the clock" with running out of bounds (I understand it does stop the clock, but you know what i mean)? Or do they allow it to stop with a certain time, like 2 minutes to go or something?
UIL uses NCAA rules, but HS games will not use it or the 45 second clock.

A better speed up would be to keep the clock running on incomplete passes and only allow stopped clock by gettting out of bounds like on running plays.

sahen
08-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Additup
UIL uses NCAA rules, but HS games will not use it or the 45 second clock.

A better speed up would be to keep the clock running on incomplete passes and only allow stopped clock by gettting out of bounds like on running plays.

or we could do away w/ all those clock rules, keep it running all the time except for under 2 minutes to really shorten the game, shorten the field to 50 yards to increase more scoring, then put a wall up around it and bring the fans in closer to make the experience even better, and to finish it off we can let a wideout go in motion towards the line of scrimmage before the snap to get more offense...oh wait, they already do that and its called arena football...seriously, does it seem like this to anyone else that the NCAA is trying to copy arena football league w/ these weird rules, shorten the game, get more offense, and all the new stadiums have fans closer and closer....just an observation...

Emerson1
08-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Or have less commercials, o wait...

Old Tiger
08-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Or have less commercials, o wait... no crap but you know networks want that $$$