PDA

View Full Version : SOC Cleared of wrongdoing...Well, well, well...

JR2004
08-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Hmm...Looks like WFAA wrongly reported about Darrell Arthur and the grade changing accusations. This is separate from the investigation of the 2006 title team if I read this right. I wonder if WFAA will issue an apology for dragging his name through the mud with false accusations.

http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/080908dnspohssoc.43947af.html

DISD investigation clears South Oak Cliff

12:39 AM CDT on Saturday, August 9, 2008

By RANDY JENNINGS / The Dallas Morning News
rjennings@dallasnews.com

South Oak Cliff boys basketball coach James Mays II received good news Friday.

The Dallas ISD's Office of Professional Responsibility released findings of an internal investigation that concluded allegations of improper grade changing for the school's Class 4A state championships in the 2004-05 and 2006-07 seasons were unfounded.

"I'm pleased with the outcome of the investigation," Mays said. "I'm glad they took a thorough look."

DISD superintendent Michael Hinojosa said in a news release it is gratifying to see administrators, teachers, coaches and athletes respected the rules.

A previous investigation that concluded earlier this year determined improper grade changing took place during South Oak Cliff's 2005-06 season. The DISD notified the University Interscholastic League of its findings in January and forfeited the state title.

In March, South Oak Cliff won its third state title in the last four years, rallying to defeat Fort Worth Southwest, 80-77, in Austin.

3afan
08-10-2008, 08:05 AM
a truly independent investigation is what was needed ... how often can you trust it when (generic) "they" investigate themselves

unfortunately the real 100% truth will never be known

yes it will be interesting to see how WFAA responds, if they do

STANG RED
08-10-2008, 11:19 AM
So now what happens to those teachers that said they were pressured into changing grades?

Phil C
08-11-2008, 09:50 AM
I suspected it was a racist thing all along.

I_DONT_CARE
08-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I suspected it was a racist thing all along. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JR2004
08-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
a truly independent investigation is what was needed ... how often can you trust it when (generic) "they" investigate themselves

unfortunately the real 100% truth will never be known

yes it will be interesting to see how WFAA responds, if they do

Well they investigated themselves and handed back SOC's 2006 title. They again investigated themselves and asked for Velt's district title to be taken away after looking at all the evidence. The administration does a fairly good job in this regard. If they could just get things to where they aren't cheating in the first place, their would be no need for any investigations. That probably won't happen in my lifetime because their is a culture of cheating in many of the district's athletic programs.

I suspect WFAA won't personally apologize to Arthur or issue a retraction. It's already too embarrassing for them as it is.

kaorder1999
08-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Well they investigated themselves and handed back SOC's 2006 title. They again investigated themselves and asked for Velt's district title to be taken away after looking at all the evidence. The administration does a fairly good job in this regard. If they could just get things to where they aren't cheating in the first place, their would be no need for any investigations. That probably won't happen in my lifetime because their is a culture of cheating in many of the district's athletic programs.

I suspect WFAA won't personally apologize to Arthur or issue a retraction. It's already too embarrassing for them as it is.

believe me...im guessing WFAA is conducting another investigation in response to this DISD Investigation...