PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Photo of Wylie's Bulldog Stadium

michaelp23
08-09-2008, 11:20 AM
This photo was taken this morning (08/09/08). I was the pilot and my brother (Markp08) was the photographer. The turf is in and all that remains is some clean up of the stadium. You can see the Doghouse in the upper right corner of the photo.

Now all we need is a two time defending state champ to whip up on for opening night!!:D

Bring on the Panthers!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking4number8
08-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Stadium looks great... but your kidding about the visiting stands... right? How many does the visiting side fit?

blowfish
08-09-2008, 12:12 PM
We are expanding the visitor bleachers during open week.

blowfish
08-09-2008, 12:12 PM
MichaelP.... can I have permission to use that photo on the Booster Club website?

michaelp23
08-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
MichaelP.... can I have permission to use that photo on the Booster Club website?

Sure....and look for a few more from Markp08. He's uploading one or two more this afternoon. They should be on there by this evening.

michaelp23
08-09-2008, 12:17 PM
We plan to take another picture from the air prior to the the Liberty Hill game during the pre game warm ups. So watch for the plane flying overhead and be looking for more pics.

STANG RED
08-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Stadium looks great... but your kidding about the visiting stands... right? How many does the visiting side fit?

Not nearly enough, but way better than most 3A stadiums you'll play in, and they do have plans to expand. Parking is a much bigger issue than number of seats imo. Yall better all pile up in as few cars as possible, or some will be parking a couple miles away. And you better get there early. Also, leaving the stadium after a game is a nighmare for sure (visitors parking lot has one entrance and one exit), but still not as bad as many others I have been to. Still, Wylie has a pretty nice stadium, and they have lots of future improvements planned, as does Mustang Bowl, and Tiger Staduim. At least Clyde is no longer in the district. Their visitor seating is about the size of a postage stamp.

STANG RED
08-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
This photo was taken this morning (08/09/08). I was the pilot and my brother (Markp08) was the photographer. The turf is in and all that remains is some clean up of the stadium. You can see the Doghouse in the upper right corner of the photo.

Now all we need is a two time defending state champ to whip up on for opening night!!:D

Bring on the Panthers!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I think it would be cool if yall would fly over every stadium in the district and get similar pictures. I know it wont be cheap, but since all you Wylie people are millionairs anyway, yall can afford it.:D

blowfish
08-09-2008, 12:31 PM
That would be cool to have a pic of every stadium in the district. I would definetly make an exclusive webpage for that.

As for the expansion, there will be two weeks there when they can expand the visitor side. We also just added a big parking lot on the west side in front of the gym. That will probably allow some visitors to park north of the stadium.

blowfish
08-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Stang Red... MichaelP must be a good pilot because it has to be hard to slow a lear jet down slow enough to get that good of an aerial photo.

(since we are all millionaires, you know he has to have a Lear Jet)

STANG RED
08-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
Stang Red... MichaelP must be a good pilot because it has to be hard to slow a lear jet down slow enough to get that good of an aerial photo.

(since we are all millionaires, you know he has to have a Lear Jet)

Oh I knew it was a Lear, but just figured they used some super duper, high dollar, fast shuttered camara to capture the pic. After all, dont they just throw those in for free when you go buy a new Lear?:D

markp08
08-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I think it would be cool if yall would fly over every stadium in the district and get similar pictures. I know it wont be cheap, but since all you Wylie people are millionairs anyway, yall can afford it.:D

We agree on that idea. We have discussed doing that. We just need to find the time when both of our schedules will allow us to go do that. We'll keep you in the loop on if/when we do that.

STANG RED
08-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by markp08
We agree on that idea. We have discussed doing that. We just need to find the time when both of our schedules will allow us to go do that. We'll keep you in the loop on if/when we do that.

Yall should be able to do B'wood, S'water, and Snyder one day, and Graham, Breck another day........... Oh wait, one day should be easy enough to get all 5 in that Lear. C'mon now, snap snap, hop to. Dont keep us waiting too long here. :D

I'm just glad our endzones are finally RED again. I'd sure hated to see the pink ones in an airiel photo.:eek:

popcorn screen
08-09-2008, 01:26 PM
When you are 4A in two years, that visitors side will be too small.:D Nice pic and the field looks great

slingshot
08-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
When you are 4A in two years, that visitors side will be too small.... How many years have we heard that now? At least 10...:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
08-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Looks about the same size as ours. :thinking: :thinking:

michaelp23
08-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Looks about the same size as ours. :thinking: :thinking:

Unfortunately they won't be expanded in time for the LH game. It won't be until the few weeks between our last home non-district game v. Waco Le Vega and our first home district game v. Brownwood that the visitor side expansion will take place. Maybe if you guys come back in two years you can see all the improvements.:D

LH Panther Mom
08-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by michaelp23
Unfortunately they won't be expanded in time for the LH game. It won't be until the few weeks between our last home non-district game v. Waco Le Vega and our first home district game v. Brownwood that the visitor side expansion will take place. Maybe if you guys come back in two years you can see all the improvements.:D
It's a good thing you're not playing Burnet with their 10,000 fans. :eek: :eek: :D

pirate4state
08-09-2008, 02:47 PM

Goodness, I've never seen so many people complain (since Burnet) about seating. :doh:

I don't think anyone (well maybe GP) has ever complained about our visitor's side.

LOL

oh and NICE stadium AW :thumbsup:

markp08
08-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Ok everyone.... as promised, here are some additional photos of Abilene Wylie's Stadium

A View from the visitor's side:
http://brazosboys.albumpost.com/Bulldog-Stadium-2008/Stadium_west

A view from the home stands:
http://brazosboys.albumpost.com/Bulldog-Stadium-2008/Stadium_Home

Another South End Zone View:

brazosboys.albumpost.com/Bulldog-Stadium-2008/Stadium_South_EZ (http://)

Another Home Stands Shot:
http://brazosboys.albumpost.com/Bulldog-Stadium-2008/Stadium_Home_1

And Finally, a shot of the school:
http://brazosboys.albumpost.com/Bulldog-Stadium-2008/ARMC

:D

Lion_Addict
08-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Goodness, I've never seen so many people complain (since Burnet) about seating. :doh:

I don't think anyone (well maybe GP) has ever complained about our visitor's side.

LOL

oh and NICE stadium AW :thumbsup:

Yeah, just something we're gonna have to get used to after what we've seen the last upteen years. I know I, for one, don't mind standing if need be. Got a delicate tushy anyways :blush: , and don't like sitting much of the game. :D

Lion_Addict
08-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Oh, and also wanted to say nice pics :thumbsup: . The field does look good.

LH Panther Mom
08-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Yeah, just something we're gonna have to get used to after what we've seen the last upteen years. I know I, for one, don't mind standing if need be. Got a delicate tushy anyways :blush: , and don't like sitting much of the game. :D
LOL! My seat is reserved for timeouts & halftime. :D

michaelp23
08-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Blowfish has put some of the picks on the Wylie Booster club website. Check them out!!

http://www.abilenewyliebulldogs.com/stadium_construction.htm

44INAROW
08-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Nice pics..... if you'll ever feel like an "air trip" aka road trip - come on down to Gobbler land and feel free to take pics.. those would be neat to post on the booster club site........

Ingleside Fan
08-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Very Nice!!

:clap: :clap:

markp08
08-10-2008, 09:16 AM
:D :thinking:

scrub c
08-10-2008, 09:43 AM
that is awesome. next time you are flying over the gulf coast, snap a few of Griggs...

I wish someone would take aerials of our stadium. taking pics from the top row of the stands just dont do it justice. (IMO) Our stands have like 20 rows both sides.

Here is our stadium.

texas bob (http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=400)

Looking4number8
08-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Here is the Brownwood Stadium. Pic is taken from the home side so the stands you see are the visitor seats. Pic must have been taken during a small playoff game. It is ironic that this site has our home side supporting the badgers..

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=84

STANG RED
08-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Here is the Brownwood Stadium. Pic is taken from the home side so the stands you see are the visitor seats. Pic must have been taken during a small playoff game. It is ironic that this site has our home side supporting the badgers..

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=84

that pic sure doesnt do justice to G Wood stadium. Very nice stadium indeed, but need to see an aerial veiw to fully appreciate for those who have never been there.

We are going to have some very nice stadiums in this district after Swater, Wylie, and Snyder all finish renovations over the next year or two. Even Breck has a nice stadium, just need more visitor seating, and better access to get into the stadium on the visitors side.

Mcguirk
08-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Looks like the view from the skybox next to mine;)

markp08
08-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Maybe we should take a poll of the district's fans to see who all would like an arial shot of their stadium?

tigerchick_2013
08-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by markp08
Maybe we should take a poll of the district's fans to see who all would like an arial shot of their stadium?

I think that would be a great idea it would be nice 2 see all the fields. I might have to add our field is lookin' HOT!!!:cool: