PDA

View Full Version : Well finally retired

Paratrooper
08-08-2008, 05:51 PM
I used to post on here long ago so some of you "old timers" might remember me. However, I have finally retired from the military and now am working for a private company. I got to do my last tour in combat over in Afghanistan. Boy I tell you this civilian life is good stuff. My new job I make 4 times more than I did in the military, I wake up and go to work whenever I want to (as long as I give them 8 hours a day) and the pace isn't nearly as bad. Well, it will be nice to be back on the boards.

wimbo_pro
08-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Welcome back...and thank you for your service! Now tell us, your favorite 3A team is.....

Paratrooper
08-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Welcome back...and thank you for your service! Now tell us, your favorite 3A team is.....

The Bridge City Cardinals......they haven't done well in the past couple of years but hopefully they will start turning it around.

garciap77
08-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
I used to post on here long ago so some of you "old timers" might remember me. However, I have finally retired from the military and now am working for a private company. I got to do my last tour in combat over in Afghanistan. Boy I tell you this civilian life is good stuff. My new job I make 4 times more than I did in the military, I wake up and go to work whenever I want to (as long as I give them 8 hours a day) and the pace isn't nearly as bad. Well, it will be nice to be back on the boards.

Welcome back! I know what you mean about civilian life and the money is good!:) Best thing it's only an 8 hour day!:thumbsup:

Bull's-eye
08-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Good to have you back! Thanks for your service! :clap: :clap:

Paratrooper
08-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Welcome back! I know what you mean about civilian life and the money is good!:) Best thing it's only an 8 hour day!:thumbsup:

Yes, I really haven't got used to it yet. I get up at 7 and I am at work by 8......I punch in 8 hours and then head to the house. I am not kidding it is a lot easier.......course, I do know people who work hard for a living; I think my job isn't the norm, however, it is really nice not to have all the pressure on me.

garciap77
08-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Yes, I really haven't got used to it yet. I get up at 7 and I am at work by 8......I punch in 8 hours and then head to the house. I am not kidding it is a lot easier.......course, I do know people who work hard for a living; I think my job isn't the norm, however, it is really nice not to have all the pressure on me.

Sounds like my job! No pressure or stress! It was kind of hard getting use to it. I kind of felt like there something more I had to do! I've been retired now 11 years time goes by fast. Oh! I forgot there is no rules or dress code!;)

mac77
08-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Thank you Paratrooper. I made the mistake of leaving the Army and becoming a coach and now work just as many hours as I did in the service. I don't know what I like better; fixing helicopters or coaching kids. Come to think of it, it's almost the same!

Paratrooper
08-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Sounds like my job! No pressure or stress! It was kind of hard getting use to it. I kind of felt like there something more I had to do! I've been retired now 11 years time goes by fast. Oh! I forgot there is no rules or dress code!;)

Well, I do have a dress code. I have to dress in business casual, they gave me an executive level position coming out of the military. I was very fortunate to get that job. I think I am one of the very few to have been blessed like that. Most vets just have to start over.

etbu
08-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by mac77
Thank you Paratrooper. I made the mistake of leaving the Army and becoming a coach and now work just as many hours as I did in the service. I don't know what I like better; fixing helicopters or coaching kids. Come to think of it, it's almost the same!

LOL

pirate4state
08-08-2008, 08:58 PM
welcome back & good luck to the Cardinals! :thumbsup:

44INAROW
08-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Welcome back Paratrooper........... thanks for your service to the country;)

DaHop72
08-08-2008, 10:10 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks Paratrooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Tiger
08-09-2008, 05:33 AM
i remember you but you probably don't remember me

catdaddy
08-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
i remember you but you probably don't remember me
It's called CISD. His mind has block all memories of the traumatic event......:D

Welcome back. Thanks for your commitment and we're glad you're home safe.

Necks_Fan
08-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by mac77
Thank you Paratrooper. I made the mistake of leaving the Army and becoming a coach and now work just as many hours as I did in the service. I don't know what I like better; fixing helicopters or coaching kids. Come to think of it, it's almost the same! Hey now Mac, it makes your day worth while when I come to class....... After all, I will be taking Govt/Eco Next year.....

Hehe....:D

carter08
08-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Hey now Mac, it makes your day worth while when I come to class....... After all, I will be taking Govt/Eco Next year.....

Hehe....:D

=/

poor coach mac.

Necks_Fan
08-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by carter08
=/

poor coach mac. Lol. He just got through with you.....

Oh and sorry Paratrooper.... Congrats and TY for your service.

CHS_89
08-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Good to have you back! Thanks for your service! :clap: :clap:

second that!

BILLYFRED0000
08-10-2008, 08:23 AM
yeah what they said.

I was out a long time ago. Did not stay as a lifer. Sometimes I wish I would have cause it was a great feeling to serve. But I have a great Wife and kids and coach the little guys and love it.

Always thanks for the service Paratrooper. And congrats on landing on your feet again.....;)

Paratrooper
08-11-2008, 05:57 AM
Thanks guys........it is nice to be back on the boards