08-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Brownwood vs Liberty Hill
Brownwood vs Stephenville
Brownwood vs Abilene Wylie
Brownwood vs Waco La Vega
Brownwood vs.........ummmmm, nevermind. Stick with the 1st one. :D

trojan37
08-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Celina vs. Whitehouse. And although it's not 3A, I would like to see Waco High-Ennis. Waco pounded them early in the season, and Ennis got revenge in the playoffs. Now they are back in district together and should be a good one.

IHStangFan
08-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Brownwood vs.........ummmmm, nevermind. Stick with the 1st one. :D isn't Bwood/Sville a very big, very old rivalry?

Lion_Addict
08-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Celina vs. Whitehouse. And although it's not 3A, I would like to see Waco High-Ennis. Waco pounded them early in the season, and Ennis got revenge in the playoffs. Now they are back in district together and should be a good one.

I agree with ya on the Waco/Ennis game. Could get interesting. I was really surprised Ennis knocked the "other" Lions outta the playoff picture last season :eek:

Lion_Addict
08-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
isn't Bwood/Sville a very big, very old rivalry?

Yeppers.....the rivalry is renewed after a short hiatus. Gonna be fun stuff ;) . And by the way, for the posters that wonder about our site being really dead....come take a peak the week leading up to that game. It should get a little interesting; at least it has proven to get that way in past years. :devil:

trojan37
08-08-2008, 12:48 PM
I can't believe I left it off, but I would love to catch the LV-Brownwood game as well. It should be a good one. I just found out today that Waco University's old coach Leroy Coleman, who retired back in November, has gone to La Vega as an assistant.

IHStangFan
08-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Yeppers.....the rivalry is renewed after a short hiatus. Gonna be fun stuff ;) . And by the way, for the posters that wonder about our site being really dead....come take a peak the week leading up to that game. It should get a little interesting; at least it has proven to get that way in past years. :devil: I have old buddies from both towns...I'm gonna have to give them both a ration of crap that week, LOL.

trojan37
08-08-2008, 12:51 PM
The LV-China Spring scrimmage should be about as good as any game this yea.;)

CHS_89
08-08-2008, 01:51 PM
LH v. BW

Celina v. Whitehouse

JR2004
08-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Diamond Hill-Jarvis vs. Carter-Riverside.

District championship should be on the line for this one.

pirate4state
08-08-2008, 01:57 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83917

^^ some other picks

wimbo_pro
08-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Brownwood vs.........ummmmm, nevermind. Stick with the 1st one. :D

So....Lion...you from Brownwood?:clap:

mistanice
08-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Diboll vs Carthage
Diboll vs Kirbyville
Diboll vs Jasper
Diboll vs Nacogdoches

Necks_Fan
08-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Well, Mr IHStangFan.... You had better be in Needville on 10/10.

That's when WC comes to town and this game most likely produces the district champ. Needville does have the homefield advantage though.

Be there, or be square.

exbulldog06
08-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Abilene Wylie vs. Liberty Hill

Emerson1
08-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Celina vs. Whitehouse
Forney vs Terrell
HP vs Rockwall Heath

Necks_Fan
08-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Brownwood vs.........ummmmm, nevermind. Stick with the 1st one. :D Wait a minute. According to you Brownwood Folk, these games should be "dankey stompings", so why would they be "can't miss" games?

Everybody knows there will be much closer games those weeks.....;) :D

44INAROW
08-08-2008, 02:49 PM

I have to agree - bet the emotions are running overtime at this one:eek:

IHStangFan
08-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Well, Mr IHStangFan.... You had better be in Needville on 10/10.

That's when WC comes to town and this game most likely produces the district champ. Needville does have the homefield advantage though.

Be there, or be square. I will be there and wearing blue! LOL. Look forward to a possible meet and greet.

BwdLions
08-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Wait a minute. According to you Brownwood Folk, these games should be "dankey stompings", so why would they be "can't miss" games?

Everybody knows there will be much closer games those weeks.....;) :D

Come on Necks, do you ever pass up a chance to watch a dankey stomping? Of course you don't. :p

espn1
08-08-2008, 04:46 PM
I put out a Steak Dinner bet to any B'wood taker that LH would beat them. I don't think they have any confidence because no body took me up on it. I guess it would be hard for me to collect seing that you can't buy a steak in LH. :D :D :D

nobogey72
08-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by exbulldog06
Abilene Wylie vs. Liberty Hill

Yeah baby!! First game on the new field...... getting to break a 25 game winning streak (assuming LH wins in 0 week)..... should be awesome!!!!!!!!!

waterboy
08-08-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm gonna be a homer and say:

Gilmer vs. Jasper
Gilmer vs. Liberty-Eylau
Gilmer vs. Kilgore
Gilmer vs. Daingerfield
Gilmer vs. Tatum

:D

lion75
08-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
isn't Bwood/Sville a very big, very old rivalry? They were together in Vernon's district my senior year(76')

trojan37
08-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I'm gonna be a homer and say:

Gilmer vs. Jasper
Gilmer vs. Liberty-Eylau
Gilmer vs. Kilgore
Gilmer vs. Daingerfield
Gilmer vs. Tatum

:D

Will Daingerfield be any good this year? I see where they are on Celina's schedule.

LH Panther Mom
08-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by espn1
I put out a Steak Dinner bet to any B'wood taker that LH would beat them. I don't think they have any confidence because no body took me up on it. I guess it would be hard for me to collect seing that you can't buy a steak in LH. :D :D :D
:p The store downtown has a pretty good meat market, with fairly reasonable prices.

garciap77
08-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Not really!

LH vs Abilene Wylie!:D

LH Panther Mom
08-08-2008, 06:23 PM
All these, about 3/4 down the page. :)

http://www.3adownlow.com/8-3A.php

Rabid Cougar
08-08-2008, 06:30 PM

I don't see it that way. LaVega will treat it like the Super Bowl. China will run it's base offense and defense as it always does in the first scrimmage.

trojan37
08-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I don't see it that way. LaVega will treat it like the Super Bowl. China will run it's base offense and defense as it always does in the first scrimmage.

You don't see it that way, but LV is going to be out to lay the wood. Does the game matter, no it doesn't. But it's just one more chance for them to put a lick on you guys.

Rabid Cougar
08-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Game I don't want to miss October 17th at Cougar Stadium.

eagles_victory
08-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Game I don't want to miss October 17th at Cougar Stadium. im ready for Aug 29th at Cougar Stadium

trojan37
08-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Game I don't want to miss October 17th at Cougar Stadium.

Yeah, a top 10 team vs. one of the bottom teams in 3A. Ya'll can really talk when you beat us.:weeping:

GetRDoneStangs
08-08-2008, 07:04 PM
I bet the board will be as quiet as a church mouse when...
Sweetwater and Snyder Hook-Up!!!

:D :D :D

garciap77
08-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
I bet the board will be as quiet as a church mouse when...
Sweetwater and Snyder Hook-Up!!!

:D :D :D

Are they playing at the bowl?

GetRDoneStangs
08-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Nope...

On the new turf in Snyder!!!

Rabid Cougar
08-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
im ready for Aug 29th at Cougar Stadium
I'm there with you.

garciap77
08-08-2008, 07:30 PM
What you think! Another Sweetwater win?:)

Rabid Cougar
08-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah, a top 10 team vs. one of the bottom teams in 3A. Ya'll can really talk when you beat us.:weeping:

Merely keeping with the topic of the thread

eagles_victory
08-08-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm there with you. Always exciting to kick the season off and im glad we get to do it against one of the top teams in the state good measuring stick for us. I hope its not quite as ugly as last years game though.

GetRDoneStangs
08-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
What you think! Another Sweetwater win?:)

I will leave that for future threads...don't want to be accused of

:hijacktd:

We can talk that later!!!:D

That will be a couple or so weeks before Wylie come to town in week 10!

garciap77
08-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
I will leave that for future threads...don't want to be accused of

:hijacktd:

We can talk that later!!!:D

That will be a couple or so weeks before Wylie come to town in week 10!
:thumbsup:

Old Tiger
08-09-2008, 05:30 AM
rockdale/cameron
rockdale/navasota
rockdale/marlin
rockdale/madisonville

Stangs325
08-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Sweetwater at Snyder
giant rival. havent played in a few years. new field. great teams

Nursebetty
08-09-2008, 10:23 AM
The LV-China Spring scrimmage should be about as good as any game this yea.;) Yeah, that's gonna be a goodun! I have to say: Go Pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheerl:

Nursebetty
08-09-2008, 10:26 AM
You don't see it that way, but LV is going to be out to lay the wood. Does the game matter, no it doesn't. But it's just one more chance for them to put a lick on you guys. Nicely put......Trojan!

Nursebetty
08-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm ready for Gonzales to have to come to GOBBLER COUNTRY on October 31st! :D

NewYorkYankee
08-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Port Isabel vs Edcouch Elsa
Port Isabel vs Rio Hondo

R3Editor
08-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by NewYorkYankee
Port Isabel vs Edcouch Elsa
Port Isabel vs Rio Hondo

Bellville @ Navasota

WOS87
08-09-2008, 04:26 PM
WO-S vs Jasper should be our toughest game of the season (sorry Silsbee and Nederland)

sweetwater07
08-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Yeppers.....the rivalry is renewed after a short hiatus. Gonna be fun stuff ;) . And by the way, for the posters that wonder about our site being really dead....come take a peak the week leading up to that game. It should get a little interesting; at least it has proven to get that way in past years. :devil:

i think stephenville is gonna donkey punch brownwood, last i heard s'ville didn't lose too many starters....should be a good game though, lots of talent every year for both teams...is this game in s'ville or b-wood??

sweetwater07
08-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by espn1

i'll be at this game and i'm betting the farm on Liberty Hill!!!

j_dog
08-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
WO-S vs Jasper should be our toughest game of the season (sorry Silsbee and Nederland)
WO-S vs Brooks may be your toughest game. ;)

Lion_Addict
08-10-2008, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i think stephenville is gonna donkey punch brownwood
Ummmmmm.........NOT! The Ville will be in deep regret for scheduling a game with the lil ole 3A Lions. :devil: :D

is this game in s'ville or b-wood??

The game is in Brownwood. Will be standing room only once again I'm sure. Good times are back again! :D

waterboy
08-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Will Daingerfield be any good this year? I see where they are on Celina's schedule.
Yeah, they'll be a good 2A team. I don't think they'll be in the same league as Celina, though. I think the Bobcats will win this one rather easily.

HEMOTOXIC
08-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Palestine @ Navasota
Bellville @ Navasota
Navasota @ Rockdale
Navasota @ Cameron Yoe
Madisonville @ Navasota

Sealy @ Bellville

bvillebrahma010
08-13-2008, 01:01 AM
HAHA!!

im ready for halloween night when bellville scares the crap out of sealy! texas aint ready for the bulls!! we may be small, but size dont matter, if it does matter, come talk to garrette nunn, ill get him to run you over then ill get little grant "scooter" jackson to pack you in the backfield. even though he is 5'10 180 lbs... halloween night baby!! MOOOOOO!!

buff4life
08-13-2008, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
HAHA!!

im ready for halloween night when bellville scares the crap out of sealy! texas aint ready for the bulls!! we may be small, but size dont matter, if it does matter, come talk to garrette nunn, ill get him to run you over then ill get little grant "scooter" jackson to pack you in the backfield. even though he is 5'10 180 lbs... halloween night baby!! MOOOOOO!!

lolz i needed a good laugh before i went to sleep

Old Tiger
08-13-2008, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
lolz i needed a good laugh before i went to sleep

navscanmaster
08-13-2008, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
HAHA!!

:eek: :eek: :spitlol:

Awesome stuff there. The hair on my arms is standing up now!

orange machine
08-13-2008, 01:25 AM
I just want saturday to get here so i can watch a scrimmage.

navscanmaster
08-13-2008, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
I just want saturday to get here so i can watch a scrimmage.

I second that. Only I will have to hear a report. Ain't really up to driving all the way to Mart for a scrimmage. Gotta save my gas for Lufkin week zero.

orange machine
08-13-2008, 01:33 AM
Both our scrimmiages are in Celina so i cant wait. The closer the season kicks off the harder time i have trying to go to sleep at night its freaking crazy.:helpme:

cshscougar08
08-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Always exciting to kick the season off and im glad we get to do it against one of the top teams in the state good measuring stick for us. I hope its not quite as ugly as last years game though.

Last years game wasn't ugly at all! It was 14-0. Hardly ugly.

cshscougar08
08-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
Yeah, that's gonna be a goodun! I have to say: Go Pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheerl:

Uh, it's just a scrimmage. You don't win a scrimmage.

cshscougar08
08-13-2008, 10:16 AM
You don't see it that way, but LV is going to be out to lay the wood. Does the game matter, no it doesn't. But it's just one more chance for them to put a lick on you guys.

No one here sees it that way. We just see it as a scrimmage to get ready for the season. Let them see what they want to. And put a lick on us? Please. They beat us once in 11 years and all of a sudden they're supposed to put a lick on us every time? Give me a break.

Nursebetty
08-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Uh, it's just a scrimmage. You don't win a scrimmage. uhhhh..........I didn't say win........i just said "GO PIRATES" .......i'm just cheering them on......a little pep never hurt! Besides Cuero........i'll be cheering for La Vega all season..........that is until the state semi's (that's just a vague prediction on my part here!---Cuero -V- LV)...then it's gonna get "thick"! :p :D

Nursebetty
08-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
No one here sees it that way. We just see it as a scrimmage to get ready for the season. Let them see what they want to. And put a lick on us? Please. They beat us once in 11 years and all of a sudden they're supposed to put a lick on us every time? Give me a break. Even though it's just a scrimmage and doesn't count...........one thing you can count on is La Vega "laying the wood" as Trojan said!

cshscougar08
08-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
Even though it's just a scrimmage and doesn't count...........one thing you can count on is La Vega "laying the wood" as Trojan said!

*Sigh* Whatever. They can treat it however they want to treat it and do whatever they want. It's just a scrimmage.