PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny

etbu
08-08-2008, 12:44 AM
How are they looking this year? Gonna be any good this year?

navscanmaster
08-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Heard that they might challenge for a playoff spot.:thinking:

scrub c
08-08-2008, 06:50 AM
They are loaded at the skill positions.
If they develop some linemen, they will be dangerous.

gato 76
08-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
If they develop some linemen, they will be dangerous.

What about you guys, how are 2 adays going?

Antec
08-08-2008, 08:08 AM
They host Boling in a scrimmage on Aug, 21

They could slip in third place

Royal could finish third too with David Walthal back

STANG RED
08-08-2008, 08:40 AM
I was talking to a real nice mexican man of about 70 a few days ago that grew up around Sweeny, but he refered to it as Sweeny Switch. That was the first time I had heard that. But I dont know alot about that area, but was just wondering if a lot of older folks from around there also call it Sweeny Switch?

I'm assuming this came from a railroad switching station back in the day, but I dont know that.

Necks_Fan
08-08-2008, 10:59 AM
If they develop some linemen, they will be dangerous. Loaded?

As far as I know, they have one decent RB...... other than that.....

:confused:

etbu
08-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Who do you guys see as the top three teams in that district? Think Royal can do something?

mac77
08-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I was talking to a real nice mexican man of about 70 a few days ago that grew up around Sweeny, but he refered to it as Sweeny Switch. That was the first time I had heard that. But I dont know alot about that area, but was just wondering if a lot of older folks from around there also call it Sweeny Switch?

I'm assuming this came from a railroad switching station back in the day, but I dont know that.

Some of the old timers still call it Sweeny Switch. Seems back in the day before the town was much, it was a switching station for the railroad. The story goes that the switch operator was named Sweeny, so it became Sweeny Switch. Don't know the truth to all this but it's a story that I've heard over the years. And yes I live in Sweeny. Born and raised and am now a "traitor" cause I work in the Dub!

IHStangFan
08-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

I'm assuming this came from a railroad switching station back in the day, but I dont know that. Sweeny, TX is near Houston, Swinney Switch, TX...where my grandfather lives is just north of Mathis, TX in between Corpus Christi and San Antonio on 37 overlooking the lake. Two totally different places.

Swinney Switch aka Swinney, TX (http://www.texasescapes.com/SouthTexasTowns/Swinney-Switch-Texas.htm)

scrub c
08-09-2008, 05:06 PM
I'm guessing they don't play football in swinney switch...

Necked
08-09-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm guessing they don't play football in swinney switch...

I dont even think they could play fooseball...

SintonFan_inAustin
08-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Sweeny, TX is near Houston, Swinney Switch, TX...where my grandfather lives is just north of Mathis, TX in between Corpus Christi and San Antonio on 37 overlooking the lake. Two totally different places.

Swinney Switch aka Swinney, TX (http://www.texasescapes.com/SouthTexasTowns/Swinney-Switch-Texas.htm) they have a exit sign off IH37 :eek:

kingoftheranch
08-09-2008, 10:45 PM
sweeny will not make the playoffs. they will be weak this year