PDA

View Full Version : boo roger goodell

Old Tiger
08-07-2008, 03:05 PM
No surprise coming from Roger Goodell who comes across as being an iron-fisted bully IMO.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-08-05-fan-code-of-conduct_N.htm

"The National Football League and its teams are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all fans, both in the stadium and in the parking lot. We want all fans attending our games to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion. When attending a game, you are required to refrain from the following behaviors:

Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature
Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field)
Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel
Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans

"Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons occupying their seats. Stadium staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests, and other fans can enjoy the event free from the above behavior. Event patrons and guests who violate these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and loss of ticket privileges for future games.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/10732/the_enumerative_our_fan_code_of_conduct

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Hasn't this stuff all been listed on the back of tickets for years now anyway?

Sweetwater Red
08-07-2008, 03:07 PM
You may want to edit some of that article.:doh:

sahen
08-07-2008, 03:07 PM
go blue, i dunno if you added that last paragraph or not but u might want to delete it or we wont see ya again....

Old Tiger
08-07-2008, 03:08 PM
sorry...just copied and pasted didn't even read the last paragraph(which was not added by me)

Sweetwater Red
08-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by sahen
go blue, i dunno if you added that last paragraph or not but u might want to delete it or we wont see ya again....

Oh we will. It will just be under a different user name.

DaHop72
08-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
No surprise coming from Roger Goodell who comes across as being an iron-fisted bully IMO.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-08-05-fan-code-of-conduct_N.htm

"The National Football League and its teams are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all fans, both in the stadium and in the parking lot. We want all fans attending our games to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion. When attending a game, you are required to refrain from the following behaviors:

Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field)

"Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons occupying their seats. Stadium staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests, and other fans can enjoy the event free from the above behavior. Event patrons and guests who violate these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and loss of ticket privileges for future games.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/10732/the_enumerative_our_fan_code_of_conduct

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Txbroadcaster
08-07-2008, 03:11 PM

Please xplain how this is bad?

Old Tiger
08-07-2008, 03:14 PM
goodell is a nazi!

ronwx5x
08-07-2008, 03:21 PM
goodell is a nazi!

Your saying "goodell is a nazi" does not make these rules bad. If I pay for tickets, I would prefer being able to watch the game rather being forced to deal with some drunk claiming to be a fan.

Old Tiger
08-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Your saying "goodell is a nazi" does not make these rules bad. If I pay for tickets, I would prefer being able to watch the game rather being forced to deal with some drunk claiming to be a fan. if you buy a ticket you should be able to act how you want

ronwx5x
08-07-2008, 03:23 PM
if you buy a ticket you should be able to act how you want

Totally disagree if one is disruptive and infringes on the rights of other paying patrons. That sort of mentality is exactly why there are rules to deal with jerks.

Old Tiger
08-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Totally disagree if one is disruptive and infringes on the rights of other paying patrons. That sort of mentality is exactly why there are rules to deal with jerks. well if it's the visitors teams fans heckle the hell out of them....if it is your own that's stupid

DaHop72
08-07-2008, 03:29 PM
if you buy a ticket you should be able to act how you want :1omg!: You've got to be kidding.:hand:

Txbroadcaster
08-07-2008, 03:30 PM
if you buy a ticket you should be able to act how you want

Buying a ticket means you accept the rules in place at the arena..buying a ticket does not give you power above the rules or the law

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Buying a ticket means you accept the rules in place at the arena..buying a ticket does not give you power above the rules or the law

:iagree: I shared my story about being forced to sit down at a Rangers game because Red Sox fans were upset by my celebrating my team last year in Arlington, but I still had to do it. Most of those rules have been in place for years on the back of your ticket. Now they're just making sure they're publicized so that when they get enforced, people won't complain.

LH Panther Mom
08-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Totally disagree if one is disruptive and infringes on the rights of other paying patrons. That sort of mentality is exactly why there are rules to deal with jerks.
Is there a reason you're surprised this stuff is coming from GB? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
08-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Sounds like other places that I know. (Again, no surprise at ALL to see this coming from GB.)

DaHop72
08-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sounds like other places that I know. (Again, no surprise at ALL to see this coming from GB.) Rules, GB doesn't need any stinking rules. :D

ronwx5x
08-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Is there a reason you're surprised this stuff is coming from GB? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You need to be talking to him, not me!

.............................;) :devil: ............................

LH Panther Mom
08-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Rules, GB doesn't need any stinking rules. :D
Right? Oh, he of the multiple names... :doh: :doh:

pirate4state
08-07-2008, 03:40 PM
I'll act how I want and if someone feels the need to complain, so be it! :devil:

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'll act how I want and if someone feels the need to complain, so be it! :devil:

so how many complaints have the mods received about the "original" post that was in this thread anyway??? :D :devil:

LH Panther Mom
08-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
so how many complaints have the mods received about the "original" post that was in this thread anyway??? :D :devil:
I wasn't on here to read it & haven't checked to see if there were complaints. :doh:

DaHop72
08-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Right? Oh, he of the multiple names... :doh: :doh: GB, multiple names, say it isn't so. :devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
08-07-2008, 03:48 PM

Exactly. If it's not Region I/West Texas sucks...it's stuff like this.

I'm convinced he wasn't held enough as a baby.:thinking:

DaHop72
08-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Exactly. If it's not Region I/West Texas sucks...it's stuff like this.

I'm convinced he wasn't held enough as a baby.:thinking: If is weren't for BBDE, Dog_man and rockdale80 there is so much that could be said.

pirate4state
08-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
so how many complaints have the mods received about the "original" post that was in this thread anyway??? :D :devil: just one official one

Old Tiger
08-07-2008, 03:54 PM
the only rules i play by are my own and I don't even play by those!

DaHop72
08-07-2008, 03:57 PM
the only rules i play by are my own and I don't even play by those! Many post like the first one on this thread and you won't have to worry about Go Blue playing anymore.:doh: :doh:

Maroon87
08-07-2008, 04:50 PM
I went to the Chiefs/Texans game last year and there was a couple of Chiefs fans sitting a couple rows in front of me. The Texans fans next to me (who appeared to have started drinking sometime on Friday) we quite out of line with some of their comments. Everyone in the section was looking at this group with a "shut the hell up, you morons" look on their faces.:doh:

BwdLions
08-08-2008, 01:37 PM
All I can say about the enforcement of these conduct rules is, it's about time. There's nothing worse than trying to watch a game while there are jerks around you that cannot hold their liquor. It really burns me up when I have my kids with me. I'm all for it.