PDA

View Full Version : More Good news for the Yankees!

Bull Butter
08-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Joba goes on the DL and Jeff Karstens, who they recently traded away dang near throws a perfect game for the Pirates.

As much as the Yankees love to fire people, why does Brian Cashman still have a job? He basically has a blank checkbook and they STILL can't win anything this century.

They should be glad there is no salary cap in MLB or they would be royally screwdrivered. God forbid they should have to operate on an even level with everyone else.

JR2004
08-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Probably because Brian Cashman is the only level-headed member of that organization. He's not the problem and never has been. Cashman is the one voice amongst their brass who wants to build the team through young players. George's idiot son Hank is the one who keeps pushing for him to trade their young players away for veterans.

The day they let Cashman go is the day another organization gets one of the 3 or 4 best executives in baseball.

Bull Butter
08-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Let me backtrack just a bit if I may.................

The original post was not intended to poke fun at Joba for being injured. I would never wish that on a ballplayer (except Barry Bonds). Joba is a great talent who should have a good career in the bigs

Instead it was supposed to make light of the Yankees and their front office's "Money solves all problems" way of doing things.

Go Rays!:D