PDA

View Full Version : Favre Traded to Jets

District303aPastPlayer
08-06-2008, 10:49 PM
ESPN reports

trojan37
08-06-2008, 10:52 PM
This is the exact reason I can't get into pro football, or any pro sports for that matter. Too much drama. Just shut up and play football Brett, or don't.......ARRRRGGGGG!:mad:

piratebg
08-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Well, it makes more sense then going to Tampa Bay and having to compete with Jeff Garcia. Clemens and Pennington were pretty much competing for who was gonna be injured first. I think Favre is a better option than both of them.

District303aPastPlayer
08-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Well, it makes more sense then going to Tampa Bay and having to compete with Jeff Garcia. Clemens and Pennington were pretty much competing for who was gonna be injured first. I think Favre is a better option than both of them.

regift him to the Vikings for T. Jackson :)

piratebg
08-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
regift him to the Vikings for T. Jackson :)

A 3-way :thinking:

It could happen but it won't.

forum_guy
08-06-2008, 11:08 PM
damn i wish he would have went to the vikings....oh well...well one thing is forsure the jets offense will be loaded now.....nice rebuilt o line with thomas jones....3 wrs that can take it to the house in cotchery, coles, and brad smith...and a nice TE drafted this year in dustin keller...offense will be fun to watch but who knows how good the defense will be

Txbroadcaster
08-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
damn i wish he would have went to the vikings....oh well...well one thing is forsure the jets offense will be loaded now.....nice rebuilt o line with thomas jones....3 wrs that can take it to the house in cotchery, coles, and brad smith...and a nice TE drafted this year in dustin keller...offense will be fun to watch but who knows how good the defense will be

that nice O was 26th in the league last year..Will Farve help? yes, will they go from 26th to being a top 10 or even 15 offense? I doubt it..This is not 27 yr old Farve they are getting

Bull Butter
08-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
ESPN reports

Can we finally be done with the soap opera?

As the Favre Turns

All My Favres

The Young & The Favres

Days of Our Favres

One Favre to Live

The Bold and the Brett

DDBooger
08-07-2008, 12:34 AM
they just said pennington will be released or traded...sux for him...think he ends up at Chicago or Minnesota?

Old Tiger
08-07-2008, 12:38 AM
thank god....maybe ESPN will shut up

Bull Butter
08-07-2008, 01:07 AM
Thank God the saga is over!

Now Favre and the Jets can go 6-10 and we'll never hear from either one of them again this season!:)

Phil C
08-07-2008, 08:48 AM
What did the Packers get for him?

DDBooger
08-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
What did the Packers get for him? 4th round pick that can change depending on Favre's performance I believe is what I heard.

Phil C
08-07-2008, 08:52 AM
I've heard that Roger Stauback is talking to the Cowboys about trying to come back for one more year and there is also a rumor that Terry Bradshaw is scheduled to be in Pittsburgh this afternoon along with John Elway stopping at the Denver Broncos' office tomorrow.

pirate4state
08-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
thank god....maybe ESPN will shut up

yeah right! now it will be about when Brett shows up for camp with the Jets, when Brett threw his first TD pass as a Jet, first INT as a Jet, etc.... :rolleyes: :ack!:

not to mention the top 10 best performances for brett as a packer because we haven't already gone through enough of THAT when he retired and they immortalized him.

DDBooger
08-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I've heard that Roger Stauback is talking to the Cowboys about trying to come back for one more year and there is also a rumor that Terry Bradshaw is scheduled to be in Pittsburgh this afternoon along with John Elway stopping at the Denver Broncos' office tomorrow. is this phil using sarcasm to show "lack of compassion" for Brett Favre:(

:cool: lol

Phantom Stang
08-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
This is the exact reason I can't get into pro football, or any pro sports for that matter. Too much drama. Just shut up and play football Brett, or don't.......ARRRRGGGGG!:mad: :iagree:
Note how the coach's report about Favre's meeting with the Packers was mostly about Brett's "feelings".:rolleyes:

forum_guy
08-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
that nice O was 26th in the league last year..Will Farve help? yes, will they go from 26th to being a top 10 or even 15 offense? I doubt it..This is not 27 yr old Farve they are getting

dont let kellen clemens or chad pennington determine the talent on that team...they will be way better...of course not going to the super bowl but i could see them giving the patriots a run for the money one of the 2 games they will play them...thomas jones is going to have a huge year

Old Tiger
08-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
yeah right! now it will be about when Brett shows up for camp with the Jets, when Brett threw his first TD pass as a Jet, first INT as a Jet, etc.... :rolleyes: :ack!:

not to mention the top 10 best performances for brett as a packer because we haven't already gone through enough of THAT when he retired and they immortalized him. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3160/2425075811_8888ed38b7.jpg

DU_stud04
08-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Farve will lead the league in int's and most sacked in a season.

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
Farve will lead the league in int's and most sacked in a season.

not most sacked...the Jets have beefed up the line...there's no way he falls to David Carr proportions.

Old Tiger
08-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
not most sacked...the Jets have beefed up the line...there's no way he falls to David Carr proportions. Maybe....I can't wait till he expands the lead on that INT record

Sweetwater Red
08-07-2008, 12:35 PM
not most sacked...the Jets have beefed up the line...there's no way he falls to David Carr proportions.

I think the one he'll be chasing in the sack dept. will be
Jon "Ten Wins" Kitna.:(

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I think the one he'll be chasing in the sack dept. will be
Jon "Ten Wins" Kitna.:(

not if they run all the time like people seem to think they will...who's going to be the starting running back this year anyway?

Sweetwater Red
08-07-2008, 12:49 PM
not if they run all the time like people seem to think they will...who's going to be the starting running back this year anyway?

As of right now it's Tatum Bell. He had one good season in
Denver. What RB doesn't do well in Shanahan's sytem?:doh:

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2008, 12:57 PM
As of right now it's Tatum Bell. He had one good season in
Denver. What RB doesn't do well in Shanahan's sytem?:doh:

Travis Henry...:D

STANG RED
08-07-2008, 01:14 PM
It'll all come down to how well the O line plays. If they play well, Favre will lite em up. If not, he may well lead the league in both sacked and int departments.
I've never had a reason to care about the Jets. How good or bad is their O line?

Old Tiger
08-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
It'll all come down to how well the O line plays. If they play well, Favre will lite em up. If not, he may well lead the league in both sacked and int departments.
I've never had a reason to care about the Jets. How good or bad is their O line? favre sucks.....plase end this lovefeast

STANG RED
08-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
favre sucks.....plase end this lovefeast

Were you born stupid, or did you suffer brain damage from a hammer beating as a child?

Not that I really care. I was just wondering.:p :D

Old Tiger
08-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Were you born stupid, or did you suffer brain damage from a hammer beating as a child?

Not that I really care. I was just wondering.:p :D all i'm saying is that he isn't one of the top 5 ever

Montana, Unitas, Starr, Brady, roger the dodger, tarkenton, elway, graham, P manning. all better

Sweetwater Red
08-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Travis Henry...:D

Good point.:thumbsup:

I should have remembered this from last year. Do you?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71603&highlight=travis+henry

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-07-2008, 01:36 PM
It's funny how everyone is crying about Brett Favre coming out of retirement and calling him a drama queen and saying he is acting childish. He was a great player and role model who played the game with a lot of class and with a lot of desire, the way it was supposed to be. I can understand why he wouldn't be ready to give it up, and I'm sure that none of you really know what was said or done for him to retire, but the love of the game is something that runs deep within players, especially someone who has competed at the level he has for as long as he has. I see a lot of guys on here saying how much they miss two-a-days and how much they wished they could go back and do it all over again and what they would give to do it. I also see a lot of people who live vicariously through their children as well. Well, Brett has his chance to go back and do it again; he wasn't ready to let go of the game that all of us love. It wasn't about the money, the man has enough of that. Playing in the NFL for as long as he has I'm sure he has lived well and could continue to do so for the rest of his life. That's just my opinion on the entire thing, and I for one am happy to see one of my favorite players come back and play for at least another season.

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Good point.:thumbsup:

I should have remembered this from last year. Do you?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71603&highlight=travis+henry

How could I forget? I took him in the first round of my draft! Luckily, I eventually got Selvin Young.