PDA

View Full Version : Not 3A but HS...

District303aPastPlayer
08-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Calallen High School is ONCE AGAIN on another UIL mandated probation... Steve Chapman, baseball coach, is once again, on another extended probation and has been suspended for not submitting proper forms on eligibility on players ((im guessing the ones who's parents miraculously got jobs in the district and and are stand out athletes))

So my question is this... How does this guy keep his job, other than winning... and how much more can the UIL just turn the cheek than they do with this program...

[[off the soapbox...]]

DDBooger
08-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Calallen High School is ONCE AGAIN on another UIL mandated probation... Steve Chapman, baseball coach, is once again, on another extended probation and has been suspended for not submitting proper forms on eligibility on players ((im guessing the ones who's parents miraculously got jobs in the district and and are stand out athletes))

So my question is this... How does this guy keep his job, other than winning... and how much more can the UIL just turn the cheek than they do with this program...

[[off the soapbox...]] :rolleyes: crybaby. do you have any proof of the swill you just spit out or are you just the typical coastal bend hater?

District303aPastPlayer
08-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
:rolleyes: crybaby. do you have any proof of the swill you just spit out or are you just the typical coastal bend hater?

yeah. the UIL has suspended Steve Chapman for the first 3 district games of the upcoming season because of the lack of reporting. They also extended his probation until the end of the 2010 season. :)

also, if i remember correctly, one RB grew up going to TM schools. His dad got a job at CHS, and then said RB got to HS right after his father got a job.... :)

DDBooger
08-06-2008, 10:54 PM
yeah. the UIL has suspended Steve Chapman for the first 3 district games of the upcoming season because of the lack of reporting. They also extended his probation until the end of the 2010 season. :)

also, if i remember correctly, one RB grew up going to TM schools. His dad got a job at CHS, and then said RB got to HS right after his father got a job.... :) go back and find out why he was suspended the 1st time, as far as this time, he left the name of a player off of a list that has to be supplied in the playoffs, not someone who transferred in and what on earth does the last part have to do with chapman and baseball? lmao sounds like
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/natsaprass/sourgrapes.jpg
ignorance must be amazing, people accuse calallen of recruiting, go figure, just about all successful teams are accused of something, don't have to recruit when the choices aren't very supple in the area! lmao

piratebg
08-06-2008, 10:56 PM
I thought Calallen did recruit kids from neighboring school districts. Don't they send out questionnaires and pamphlets to potential athletes? :p

DDBooger
08-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I thought Calallen did recruit kids from neighboring school districts. :p naw, thats just an excuse people make to justify their records :p

piratebg
08-06-2008, 11:04 PM
naw, thats just an excuse people make to justify their records :p

See, I thought the steroids allegations were the excuse. My bad. :D

DDBooger
08-06-2008, 11:09 PM
See, I thought the steroids allegations were the excuse. My bad. :D no, thats just in the water, but whats wrong with supplying move ins with new vehicles along with bonuses to referrels! haha don't let gp people read this, they'll turn it in to the caller! haha

piratebg
08-06-2008, 11:13 PM
no, thats just in the water, but whats wrong with supplying move ins with new vehicles along with bonuses to referrels! haha don't let gp people read this, they'll turn it in to the caller! haha

You are afraid they'll turn this into the Caller? Please. Old news. :D

DDBooger
08-06-2008, 11:14 PM
You are afraid they'll turn this into the Caller? Please. Old news. :D yeah i know, its commensurate with rivals and some of yalls unsuccessful attempts haha

Maroon87
08-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Keep on hatin', 303APP...it makes us stronger.

And FYI...it's not Calallen that was on probation, it was Chapman, and it was for getting ejected from a playoff game a couple of years ago.

But don't let that get in the way of your various theories as to why Calallen athletics are so successful.

DDBooger
08-06-2008, 11:17 PM
You are afraid they'll turn this into the Caller? Please. Old news. :D all in fun bg, i don't care what people think, most of yall were behind us in the run to the championship, i think:thinking: lol but its sad that people would rather bring down a neighbor than support! its something that seems unique to the area!

piratebg
08-06-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm just poking fun. :)

:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

District303aPastPlayer
08-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Keep on hatin', 303APP...it makes us stronger.

And FYI...it's not Calallen that was on probation, it was Chapman, and it was for getting ejected from a playoff game a couple of years ago.

But don't let that get in the way of your various theories as to why Calallen athletics are so successful.

all in fun bg, i don't care what people think, most of yall were behind us in the run to the championship, i think:thinking: lol but its sad that people would rather bring down a neighbor than support! its something that seems unique to the area!

Its not that I hate on the success of Calallen, I support you guys in your runs... its just Geez... this type of stuff just gets old ya know?

DDBooger
08-06-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm just poking fun. :) ;) booger out!

DDBooger
08-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Its not that I hate on the success of Calallen, I support you guys in your runs... its just Geez... this type of stuff just gets old ya know? so do the blind accusations! if the U.I.L. had any indication of it, with all the people who accuse us of it, im sure their would be an investigation by now, not hard to prove inpropriety!

JR2004
08-06-2008, 11:32 PM
not hard to prove inpropriety!

Yes it actually can be hard to prove it. If it were that easy to prove wrongdoing then Velt and SOC wouldn't be the only DISD schools in trouble with the UIL.

DDBooger
08-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Yes it actually can be hard to prove it. If it were that easy to prove wrongdoing then Velt and SOC wouldn't be the only DISD schools in trouble with the UIL. THOSE type yes, people being provide jobs as speculated, people being recruited...little hard to keep that kind of crap on the wraps.

Txbroadcaster
08-06-2008, 11:58 PM
THOSE type yes, people being provide jobs as speculated, people being recruited...little hard to keep that kind of crap on the wraps.

Honestly I disagree..unless someone on the inside blows the whistle or someone on the outside has 100% verifiable proof then IMO it is very easy to keep it under wraps

basically a school has to be caught with a smoking gun before anything will happen

pirate4state
08-07-2008, 12:00 AM
what? LOL

DDBooger
08-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Honestly I disagree..unless someone on the inside blows the whistle or someone on the outside has 100% verifiable proof then IMO it is very easy to keep it under wraps

basically a school has to be caught with a smoking gun before anything will happen i don't think so, too many variables, especially involving students...but who says we have to agree

Txbroadcaster
08-07-2008, 12:06 AM
i don't think so, too many variables, especially involving students...but who says we have to agree

then why do we rarely have a program caught in wide spread recruiting..Your telling me as big as HS football is in Texas, with as many schools that play it NONE recruit on a big level?

JR2004
08-07-2008, 12:09 AM
THOSE type yes, people being provide jobs as speculated, people being recruited...little hard to keep that kind of crap on the wraps.

Not really. There's at least one school here that hired a kid's dad in the hope that it would help in bringing his son to their school. I won't name the school or the sport, but the kid is an incoming freshman and he's very good at the sport he plays.

It happens pretty often in many places, but folks are going to be reluctant to be the whistle blower because, more often than not, their school has plenty of their own skeletons they'd rather not have exposed.

DDBooger
08-07-2008, 12:12 AM
then why do we rarely have a program caught in wide spread recruiting..Your telling me as big as HS football is in Texas, with as many schools that play it NONE recruit on a big level? lack of resources, to investigate all of the possibilities would require insane $$$ man power and resources. isn't going to happen. and with the bright idea to test for steroids netting a total 2, don't expect budgetary oversight to be a big topic lol im just speculating though, I never said recruitment doesn't occur, but you mean to tell me just because a school is successful they recruit, i know you didn't say that, but those are always the assumptions. im sure it occurs, but while i've been in the program and played with players speculated of it, I know the truth and its just tiring to hear the same excuses from the same people and schools

DDBooger
08-07-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Not really. There's at least one school here that hired a kid's dad in the hope that it would help in bringing his son to their school. I won't name the school or the sport, but the kid is an incoming freshman and he's very good at the sport he plays.

It happens pretty often in many places, but folks are going to be reluctant to be the whistle blower because, more often than not, their school has plenty of their own skeletons they'd rather not have exposed. so how is it a secret if you know it? that my point, it's out in the open where as doctoring of grades, preferential treament occurs behind a wall. we were accused of it when chambless came over. other than that, i don't know of any other coach who provided us with some godsend talent

Txbroadcaster
08-07-2008, 12:23 AM
lack of resources, to investigate all of the possibilities would require insane $$$ man power and resources. isn't going to happen. and with the bright idea to test for steroids netting a total 2, don't expect budgetary oversight to be a big topic lol im just speculating though, I never said recruitment doesn't occur, but you mean to tell me just because a school is successful they recruit, i know you didn't say that, but those are always the assumptions. im sure it occurs, but while i've been in the program and played with players speculated of it, I know the truth and its just tiring to hear the same excuses from the same people and schools

You just said what we are saying..it is impossible without 100% proof to really do anything, the UIL is not able to really look into cases that probably have solid proof simply because of the time and money it would cosr

DDBooger
08-07-2008, 12:26 AM
You just said what we are saying..it is impossible without 100% proof to really do anything, the UIL is not able to really look into cases that probably have solid proof simply because of the time and money it would cosr i never said it didn't occur though, all I said was it is much easier to spot a coach being hired at a school who is bringing in a son who is a prospect! its out in the open in comparison to what jr2004 used which was within the school confines, grade adjusting etc.

DDBooger
08-07-2008, 12:28 AM
there are a lot of OVERACTIVE parents who free agent their kids out for desired positions, i've seen that happen. hell back in the early 90s there was a player who went form tm to gp to calallen and back to tm, never getting to play varsity because his release was never signed if I remember correctly. I think far too often schools and coaches are blamed for a parent's unethical behavior

JR2004
08-07-2008, 05:57 AM
so how is it a secret if you know it?

It's not something that's common knowledge. I only know because just about every member of the kid's extended family has attended Madison over the last 3 plus decades.

Maroon87
08-07-2008, 09:37 AM
there are a lot of OVERACTIVE parents who free agent their kids out for desired positions, i've seen that happen. hell back in the early 90s there was a player who went form tm to gp to calallen and back to tm, never getting to play varsity because his release was never signed if I remember correctly. I think far too often schools and coaches are blamed for a parent's unethical behavior

Wasn't that the Alford kid?:thinking:

DDBooger
08-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Wasn't that the Alford kid?:thinking: yup, guy was a magnificent jv player lol