PDA

View Full Version : If you could choose one other high school...

JR2004
08-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Besides the one you support what school would it be?

I'd support Anthony because I enjoy cheering for the underdog. It's easy to root for teams that have tradition and expect to make deep playoff runs, but it's a bit harder to cheer for schools who don't expect a whole lot most of the time like Anthony or Tornillo for example.

Nursebetty
08-06-2008, 10:17 PM
La Vega Pirates!

JR2004
08-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
La Vega Pirates!

Can I get a HOORAH!!!!

LHexPlayer
08-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Cuero. They are a class act from top to bottom.

Matthew328
08-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Sinton, because P4S is from there :)

Daddy D 11
08-06-2008, 10:25 PM
THE Pearsall Mavericks:clap:

trojan37
08-06-2008, 10:26 PM
I can't remember the name of the town to save my life, but it's in West Texas where a six man school played a whole season with only 6 players. I would pull for those kids.

Nursebetty
08-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Cuero. They are a class act from top to bottom. COOL, thanks!

Daddy D 11
08-06-2008, 10:28 PM
COOL, thanks!

I'll second what he said, but i wont root for you:p

Nursebetty
08-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I'll second what he said, but i wont root for you:p darn! :p

Nursebetty
08-06-2008, 10:36 PM
I hope it ends up being the Gobblers -V- the La Vega Pirates in the State Semi's this season... like it should have been last season. CS pulled it out at the last over La Vega. Man, now that would've been a game...The Gobblers -V- The La Vega Pirates! Any one think there's a chance of this happening this season?

Antec
08-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Louise Hornets- Class A school with quality athletes despite not making the playoffs

Palacios Sharks-Great coach in Mike Treybig

East Bernard Brahmas- always a disciplined and winning program- with Jerry Long doing a great job

Have two former needville head coaches on their staff

Mike Merritt, Wade Bosse who were head coaches and assistan coach Doug Grigar

Shiner Comanches always a top notch Class A powerhouse with great tradition and quality kids and community

lion75
08-06-2008, 10:45 PM
I would pull for six man Vernon Northside. ( they won state in 2006)

espn1
08-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Highly Possible that my kids might be going Here!http://www.mcneilmavericks.org/Mavs_banner.gif If not, then Maybe Here?http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/08/13/36/image_4136138.jpg

44INAROW
08-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Cuero. They are a class act from top to bottom.
that's a nice thing to say
I am going to say LH, and it has nothing to do with LHexplayer saying this.. Guess it just shows the respect the two teams/fans have for each other ;)

espn1
08-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am going to say LH, and it has nothing to do with LHexplayer saying this.. Guess it just shows the respect the two teams/fans have for each other ;) Wow! I can tell who's going to be sharing a shower!:D :inlove: :D :inlove:

44INAROW
08-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by espn1
Wow! I can tell who's going to be sharing a shower!:D :inlove: :D :inlove:

lol......... it did sound a little sappy didn't it? oh well, I meant what I said even though it didn't come out right :)

Bull Butter
08-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Good Question!

After thinking about it, I would say the BEEVILLE TROJANS!

I saw them play a couple of times last year and I was so impressed with the way their kids "get after it". Perhaps it is something about the coaching because Chris Soza & staff took a team with average athletes (Mathis) to a State Final several years back. Yeah, they didn't win, but they got a lot farther than they probably should have. Same could be said about the Beeville team of 2007. They would have been playing for a state title if Lake Travis had not have been in their way.

I love to watch a team of average athletes that goes out on the field and tears it up. Converse Judson was another team in 2007 that fit that mold.

pirate4state
08-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Sinton, because P4S is from there :)

:inlove: :p

You just want me to say I'll come to all the Everman games this year! LOL

injuredinmelee
08-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Cisco Loboes!

Runnin Panther
08-07-2008, 04:45 AM
I would have to go with Cuero (class act), and the Tarpons from PI. I would also like to see Rockdale have success and will support whoever represents our district in the playoffs. I would throw Celina (another class act) in there but they would get the big head, oops too late. :D

LH Panther Mom
08-07-2008, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
I can't remember the name of the town to save my life, but it's in West Texas where a six man school played a whole season with only 6 players. I would pull for those kids.

Patton Springs

garciap77
08-07-2008, 07:07 AM
Sweetwater Mustangs!

STANG RED
08-07-2008, 08:21 AM

In six man that has probobly happened a few times, but the most recent I know of was the Blackwell Hornets. They are south of Sweetwater about 30 miles. If memory serves, I think they even lost a player to injury in about week 6 and had to forfeit their remaining games. Good news though, they are now one of the richist districts in the state thanks to the wind industry, and I think they have seen enough growth to maybe avoid this happening again any time soon. They have been building a new school and I think a new stadium. I dont know if they are finished yet or not.

I root for both Blackwell & Highland in six man.
Roscoe in 1A
Cisco in 2A (seen them many times in the bowl for playoffs)
A Wylie 3A - I have tons of respect for their coaches & program
Canyon 4A - They were a good 3A, and I expect them to do well in 4A. I'll also root for Abilene Cooper since they dropped to 4A.
Abilene High 5A - They always had the athletes and potential, and have now finally realized some of it.

wimbo_pro
08-07-2008, 10:02 AM
I would choose Liberty Hill...only so I could work from the inside and get them off that stupid Offensive scheme and onto the Spread...cuz there is no way they can win 3 championships with that type offense.

BreckTxLonghorn
08-07-2008, 10:04 AM

Penelope? There was a book about that team. Not too bad of a read.

http://www.amazon.com/Where-Dreams-Die-Hard-American/dp/0306814048

LHexPlayer
08-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I would choose Liberty Hill...only so I could work from the inside and get them off that stupid Offensive scheme and onto the Spread...cuz there is no way they can win 3 championships with that type offense.

But I thought there was no way we could ever win one championship being a run only team?

wimbo_pro
08-07-2008, 10:17 AM
But I thought there was no way we could ever win one championship being a run only team?

Well...yeah...but....

CenTexSports
08-07-2008, 10:22 AM
I would cheer for the convicts in stripped shirts but that is just me.

nobogey72
08-07-2008, 10:28 AM
After seeing them play in person a couple of times I became a fan of Euless Trinity. One reason is their coach Steve Lineweaver is from Abilene and a good guy. Their HAKA is cool. Their whole school is a melting pot of ethnicities and socio-economics that is very impressive to me. Plus, they are pretty dang good.

mustang04
08-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Abilene Wylie.....after playing intramurals for 4 years (bout to start 5th) with my buddys who graduated from there in 04, i think i would have had a BLAST playing with them, we have amazing team chemistry...anybody ever want to watch a nationally ranked flag football team with ex sweetwater and wylie players, hit me up and ill give ya a schedule haha:D :D :D

but really...i have the highest respect for abilene wylie and coach sandifer....plus wylie ALWAYS had amazingly beautiful girls:cool:

wimbo_pro
08-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Agreed...Abilene Wylie seems to have a great program...and pretty solid fans.

Big Papa
08-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
Abilene Wylie.....after playing intramurals for 4 years (bout to start 5th) with my buddys who graduated from there in 04, i think i would have had a BLAST playing with them, we have amazing team chemistry...anybody ever want to watch a nationally ranked flag football team with ex sweetwater and wylie players, hit me up and ill give ya a schedule haha:D :D :D

but really...i have the highest respect for abilene wylie and coach sandifer....plus wylie ALWAYS had amazingly beautiful girls:cool:

are you talkin about the roos or invisibles or wolfpac

mustang04
08-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Big Papa
are you talkin about the roos or invisibles or wolfpac

the Roos is our mens team....the invisibles is our co-ed team we started years ago:)

Lion_Addict
08-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Used to be a Dragon at one time, so I will go with 2A Bangs Dragons. Having some down years the last few, but man it was a great ride going to the 2 State Championship games back to back in '02 & '03 :cheerl: .

garciap77
08-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I would choose Liberty Hill...only so I could work from the inside and get them off that stupid Offensive scheme and onto the Spread...cuz there is no way they can win 3 championships with that type offense. :eek: :eek: :eek:

footballgal
08-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Without even blinking,

LIBERTY HILL PATHERS!

CHS_89
08-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Liberty Hill - love to watch that offense!

trojan37
08-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Patton Springs

That's the one. Thanks LHPM!:D

TigerPride
08-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Permian Panthers

BEAST
08-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by TigerPride
Permian Panthers

I think you must of had a typo, surely you planned on typing the Sweetwater Mustangs.

BEAST

Necks_Fan
08-07-2008, 12:59 PM
I would support Sealy. For some reason I really want them and Mitchell to do really well this year.

navscanmaster
08-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Bremond.

LH Panther Mom
08-07-2008, 03:39 PM
That's the one. Thanks LHPM!:D
NP - it's right down the road from my parents. :)

Trashman
08-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Mason Punchers, :inlove: grew up there and love the town and the team. All my kids except one have gone to Brownwood

http://www.masonisd.net/images/PD3006.jpg

raider red 2000
08-07-2008, 04:28 PM
cuero-
thats where the wife is from.....and i like big chickens :)

LHexPlayer
08-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Mason Punchers, :inlove: grew up there and love the town and the team. All my kids except one have gone to Brownwood

http://www.masonisd.net/images/PD3006.jpg

The Puncherdome! That was a cool place to play.

44INAROW
08-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
cuero-
thats where the wife is from.....and i like big chickens :)
And you could eat all the sausage you wanted :D :D

sinton66
08-07-2008, 07:39 PM
For me, it would be the:
Miles Bulldogs in Class A.
Refugio Bobcats in Class 2A.
Liberty Hill Panthers in Class 3A.
Calallen Wildcats in Class 4A (or Boerne).
Judson Rockets in 5A.

WHS02
08-07-2008, 07:51 PM
I would have to say Sweetwater. Good friends there and good school. Thanks from the other people saying Wylie. I would have to say there are a lot of great schools in 3a.

ProudHornetMom
08-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Boerne - Husband's alma mater
Kerrville Tivy - my alma mater
Bellville - when they aren't playing Caldwell
Electra - Husband's first coaching job. We were young, far away from home and had a great run. Not much of a town but great people who knew how to support football. It was a blast.
Liberty Hill - y'all know why.

rockdale80
08-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Jasper-met some of the posters there and enjoyed the game.
Gilmer-that town knows a thing or two about football.
Giddings-always showed class when I played against them.
Lufkin-Can play some football

Rabid Cougar
08-07-2008, 08:49 PM
I hope it ends up being the Gobblers -V- the La Vega Pirates in the State Semi's this season... like it should have been last season. CS pulled it out at the last over La Vega. Man, now that would've been a game...The Gobblers -V- The La Vega Pirates! Any one think there's a chance of this happening this season?

If you played LV the results would have been the same .

Nursebetty
08-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
If you played LV the results would have been the same . Says WHO?!!!!! :p

Rabid Cougar
08-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Says WHO?!!!!! :p

Says me and anyone that has seen La Vega play. What makes you think that it would have been a close game against LV? LaVega would have ran the ball down Cuero's throat and made 'em like it.

trojan37
08-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Says me and anyone that has seen La Vega play. What makes you think that it would have been a close game against LV? LaVega would have ran the ball down Cuero's throat and made 'em like it.

http://www.retrorush.nl/shop/images/A-Team_MrT_Shut_Up_Fool_t-shirt_small.jpg

Rabid Cougar
08-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Get ready 37 Your turn is comming.

trojan37
08-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Get ready 37 Your turn is comming.

You notice China Spring isn't a team that anyone would root for. And people wonder why nobody in this area like people from China Spring-because of people like you. You sure do know how to jack up a thread and completely jump off topic. You can bet China Spring will be on the " first bus to get egged when it pulls into West" list.

LHexPlayer
08-07-2008, 09:24 PM
:1popcorn:

Old Tiger
08-07-2008, 09:25 PM
1a - Shiner(shiner bock)
2a - n/a
3a- LH
4a - lake travis
5a - SLC

bobcat1
08-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Whitesboro. Cause they ain't been in forever. I like to pull for the dogs like JR2004, my hero. :cool:

Rabid Cougar
08-07-2008, 09:29 PM
You notice China Spring isn't a team that anyone would root for. And people wonder why nobody in this area like people from China Spring-because of people like you. You sure do know how to jack up a thread and completely jump off topic. You can bet China Spring will be on the " first bus to get egged when it pulls into West" list.

BACK on Topic.... Any team that plays the West Trojans.

trojan37
08-07-2008, 09:32 PM
BACK on Topic.... Any team that plays the West Trojans.

:twitch:

Nursebetty
08-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Says me and anyone that has seen La Vega play. What makes you think that it would have been a close game against LV? LaVega would have ran the ball down Cuero's throat and made 'em like it. Just because the Gobblers didn't play their best against China Spring, doesn't mean that they couldn't have played a better ball game against La Vega. PLEASE.....give me a break!!! Get over it already Rabid Cougar! :rolleyes: :D

Rabid Cougar
08-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Just because the Gobblers didn't play their best against China Spring, doesn't mean that they couldn't have played a better ball game against La Vega. PLEASE.....give me a break!!! Get over it already Rabid Cougar! :rolleyes: :D

Your the one that is still lamenting about loosing to China Spring. I just merely stated the facts. Last years LaVega team was not a team you wanted to play. Without question, they were the hardest hitting and the most overall talented team that CS played last year.

Emerson1
08-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Your the one that is still lamenting about loosing to China Spring. I just merely stated the facts. Last years LaVega team was not a team you wanted to play. Without question, they were the hardest hitting and the most overall talented team that CS played last year.
Apparently not since you beat them then lost to the state champ celina bobcats.

Rabid Cougar
08-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Apparently not since you beat them then lost to the state champ celina bobcats.

Celina won, what is there to get over?
LV vs Celina with 07 teams would have been been a hell of a match up.

44INAROW
08-07-2008, 10:45 PM

Good Lord dude - lighten up - we already had this discussion - LV wiped the floor with China Spring in the regular season and China Spring beat (barely) La Vega in the playoffs. So why do you think other teams can't do the same? Would Cuero have won against La Vega? We'll never know will we? China Spring beat Cuero in the play-offs - fair and square. I've never made excuses - we L O S T the game. I accepted it, congratuated China Spring's team on the victory and even cheered for them in the final game (not that it helped any) Learn to accept the victory and move on. There is one thing worse than a sore loser and that is an obnoxious winner. :rolleyes:

Oh and what FACTS did you state?? "Would have ran (run) the ball down Cuero's throat and make 'em like it" is AN OPINION not a fact

Nursebetty
08-07-2008, 10:57 PM
You go.....44!!! And I'm glad to see some "love" for the GOBBLERS out there from other posters!

trojan37
08-07-2008, 11:01 PM
I remember when I was in high school it was the Robert Strait era at Cuero. He still holds a lot of records. And now that Rabid is talking all this crap, Cuero is another team I would root for.

GO GOBBLERS!

Nursebetty
08-07-2008, 11:07 PM
I remember when I was in high school it was the Robert Strait era at Cuero. He still holds a lot of records. And now that Rabid is talking all this crap, Cuero is another team I would root for.

GO GOBBLERS! Thanks Trojan!! And what an era that was for Cuero! Thanks for the cheers!

etbu
08-07-2008, 11:18 PM
WOS bc they have great fans, coaching, and are just a good prorgam and enjoy watching them WIN with class.

maroonpirate04
08-08-2008, 02:21 AM
Here are my favorites

Corpus Christi Carroll Tigers
Southlake Carroll Dragons
Corpus Christi Calallen Wildcats

Been rooting for these teams for a long time, So my colors are Navy, Green, Maroon, and White :D

DDBooger
08-08-2008, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Here are my favorites

Corpus Christi Carroll Tigers
Southlake Carroll Dragons
Corpus Christi Calallen Wildcats

Been rooting for these teams for a long time, So my colors are Navy, Green, Maroon, and White :D ;)

Maroon87
08-08-2008, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Besides the one you support what school would it be?

I'd support Anthony because I enjoy cheering for the underdog. It's easy to root for teams that have tradition and expect to make deep playoff runs, but it's a bit harder to cheer for schools who don't expect a whole lot most of the time like Anthony or Tornillo for example.

It would be Banquete (Dad's alma mater) or Agua Dulce (Mom's alma mater).

KingRob
08-08-2008, 04:35 AM
Good Lord dude - lighten up - we already had this discussion - LV wiped the floor with China Spring in the regular season and China Spring beat (barely) La Vega in the playoffs. So why do you think other teams can't do the same? Would Cuero have won against La Vega? We'll never know will we? China Spring beat Cuero in the play-offs - fair and square. I've never made excuses - we L O S T the game. I accepted it, congratuated China Spring's team on the victory and even cheered for them in the final game (not that it helped any) Learn to accept the victory and move on. There is one thing worse than a sore loser and that is an obnoxious winner. :rolleyes:

Oh and what FACTS did you state?? "Would have ran (run) the ball down Cuero's throat and make 'em like it" is AN OPINION not a fact

:clap: :clap: :clap:

KingRob
08-08-2008, 04:37 AM
I would cheer for the Yorktown Wildcats. They're 1A this year, so I'm hoping they have a good year.

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-08-2008, 05:01 AM
Frenship Tigers, or Abilene Wylie :thinking: idk...:)

CHSVARSITYDAD
08-08-2008, 05:09 AM
gotta go with
Shiner
Refugio
Rice
Liberty Hill
Celina
Wharton
A.Wylie
Gilmer
WOS
Bandera
Calallen
Smithson Valley
Sweetwater
Snyder
No particular order and probably left some out

Nursebetty
08-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by KingRob
I would cheer for the Yorktown Wildcats. They're 1A this year, so I'm hoping they have a good year.

Good choice KingRob.......I am cheering the Wildcats on to Victory this year as well. I hope they do much better being in 1A.

lynx_rufus
08-08-2008, 11:56 AM
According to the Mock Season thread, it looks like a strong possibility that it could be Cuero -vs- La Vega in the Semi-Finals.

At least that is the majority opinion.

mustang04
08-08-2008, 12:01 PM
im stickin with A Wylie:)

then maybe stephenville...just cuz i have family there and when i was a kid i always heard about their football...we nearly moved there my freshman year of highschool...i would have liked that cuz it would have been better since i was a receiver...i loved the mustangs. i loved the coaching, loved my teammates and the fans and everything about sweetwater:)

BwdLions
08-08-2008, 01:06 PM
I'd have to say Goldthwaite. That's a nice town and they won a few titles back in the 80s and 90s.

firstcat
08-08-2008, 03:31 PM
I am going to say LH, and it has nothing to do with LHexplayer saying this.. Guess it just shows the respect the two teams/fans have for each other ;)

I'd say Cuero too...it is the only other school my son has ever attended...started Kindergarten there!

raider red 2000
08-08-2008, 03:32 PM
And you could eat all the sausage you wanted :D :D

i get that Arnt Sausage anyways :)

i would like to goto booster club in cuero sometime.

44INAROW
08-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i get that Arnt Sausage anyways :)

i would like to goto booster club in cuero sometime.

every Weds night until Christmas.. I have it on good authority that we'll have fried turkey the 3rd week of Sept and Shrimp Gumbo Dec 3rd.. Uncle David is cooking 1st week of Sept.. you ought to try and make it sometime ;)

Global Swarming
08-08-2008, 10:52 PM
I would have to say The Woodlands because my uncle was an assistant coach there for many years. Also because my cousins went there. Also the Killeen Kangaroos because I had cousins go there too.