PDA

View Full Version : National Championship Predictions

eagle40
08-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Who do yal think will play in the national championship this year?

My prediction: OU and USC (very hard prediction for me since i don't care for either team)

Why OU? OU brings back a very talented team on both sides of the ball. Everyone has heard of players like Sam Bradford and DeMarco Murray but what teams are going to have to look out for are the big uglies of OU. OU could very well have the best OL/DL combination in the country. With Duke Robinson, Phillip Loadholt and Jon Cooper on the offensive side and Auston English, DeMarcus Granger and Gerald McCoy on the defensive line this team is going to throw opponents fits. I believe they are the best team in the Big 12 this season and it will show.

Why SC? They're SC so they always have a chance to make it as long as they don't beat themselves. But aside from that reason they have four potential All-Americans on defense among the likes of Rey Maualaga, Brian Cushing, Fili Moala and Taylor Mays. Although they don't return a lot of players that qualify as returning starters on offense they do have many experienced offensive players. The key player on offense to look out for is the elusive Joe McKnight. They schedule is not very hard save TOSU but they will beat the buckeyes and keep them from boring fans by making a 3rd straight title appearance. The trojans can walk through their conference easily if they play to their full potential. I believe they have learned from their mistakes the past two seasons and will show the resiliency we are use to seeing from them.

What about Georgia, LSU, Florida? They're going to beat each other up along with a host of other really good SEC teams. OU and SC can actually finish the season and provide us with the first undefeated champion since the Longhorns.

Who wins? Judging by OU's recent inability to win a BCS bowl (four BCS bowl losses in a row) and USC's usual consistency in the big game, USC. Though not as bad as last time.

JR2004
08-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Iowa State-Florida Atlantic for all the marbles.

orange machine
08-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Florida vs Texas Tech and i dont care for either team just a feeling.

DDBooger
08-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Ohio St (:dispntd: ) vs Florida
and Ohio St is blown out again

CelinaCatFan
08-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Georgia over Ohio St. 31-17

DDBooger
08-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
Georgia over Ohio St. 31-17 i'll agree with you on this, it'll be another SEC kicking the crap out of Ohio St

eagles_victory
08-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Im going to go out on a limb and say Georgia over Missouri

gatordaze
08-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Florida v. USC

BILLYFRED0000
08-07-2008, 07:50 AM
Celina vs LH........;)

PPHSfan
09-11-2008, 05:56 PM
It's awful early for this, but I will say,

USC over Georgia

GreenGobbla
09-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Missouri over USC

blowfish
09-11-2008, 07:03 PM
If you guys only knew how tough it is to be an Ohio State fan the last few years.

I figure it will be us against and SEC team.... I still got to beleive that we can win one sometime. Realistically, the time off kills us until that game. I think if we could get Norte Dame to join the Big Ten then we could have a Conference Championship game. That is my only solution.

cshscougar08
09-11-2008, 07:11 PM
It won't be Ohio State. I have a feeling that they are going to be blown out of LA and straight back to Columbus on Saturday. Chris Wells has been downgraded to doubtful for the game. If he doesn't go, there is no way Ohio State wins this game. I'm not making a prediction here. I won't let my OU homerism come in. I would love to see OU play UGA. Mainly cause those were the two schools I was trying to decide between for college. But I don't know. It's too early for this thread. I just know that after Ohio State gets blown out on Saturday, they won't be able to recover to get in for a third time.

charlesrixey
09-11-2008, 07:34 PM
florida vs. USC

or maybe oklahoma vs. USC

i really don't think georgia is a top 5 team, but maybe i am missing something

i also agree with the previous poster--no way OSU wins in california

if they do, then they deserve to play in the title game--but they won't so it doesn't matter

cshscougar08
09-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i really don't think georgia is a top 5 team, but maybe i am missing something

I think UGA is a top 5 team. I just don't think they can make it through their schedule.

AT Arizona State
AT LSU
AT Auburn
Florida AT Jacksonville
SEC Championship Game (Maybe)

BobcatBenny
09-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Leave the comedy to me! :)

Necks_Fan
09-11-2008, 08:40 PM
I'll take East Carolina Vs. BYU.

:cool: :D

DDBooger
09-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
It won't be Ohio State. I have a feeling that they are going to be blown out of LA and straight back to Columbus on Saturday. Chris Wells has been downgraded to doubtful for the game. If he doesn't go, there is no way Ohio State wins this game. I'm not making a prediction here. I won't let my OU homerism come in. I would love to see OU play UGA. Mainly cause those were the two schools I was trying to decide between for college. But I don't know. It's too early for this thread. I just know that after Ohio State gets blown out on Saturday, they won't be able to recover to get in for a third time. the way they looked against ohio, wisconsin may hand them a loss, penn st too.

BwdLions
09-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I'll take East Carolina Vs. BYU.

:cool: :D

Where did this prediction come from? :vrycnfsd: They're both solid teams, but neither should even finish in the top ten (IMHO).

BwdLions
09-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by orange machine

Tech will finish with their annual 9-4 or 8-5 record by season's end.

BwdLions
09-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Don't even get me started about the sooners chances. Yeah, they're a really good team, but they won't be in the title game. Stoops has lost too many good coaches through the years (unfortunately for them it was the ones that were repsonsible for their killer instinct).

jimmyceatworld
09-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Mount Union Purple Raiders 24
St. John's Johnnies 17

Pittsburg State Gorillas 38
Valdosto State Blazers 34

Appalachian State Mountaineers 42
New Hampshire Wildcats 28

crzyjournalist03
09-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Texas vs. Texas A&M.

Because it would be crazy.

cshscougar08
09-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Stoops has lost too many good coaches through the years (unfortunately for them it was the ones that were repsonsible for their killer instinct).

Ummm, I think the players play the game and not the coaches. Who cares what coaches we lost? Doesn't seem to be a big deal.

LH Panther Mom
09-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Texas vs. Texas A&M.

Because it would be crazy.
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :helpme: :helpme:

Necks_Fan
09-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Texas vs. Texas A&M.

Because it would be crazy. A&M has already screwed up their end of the deal. It's difficult to make it to the championship if you lose to Ark St.

And BwDL, It was a joke bro.

BTownVBall3
09-12-2008, 12:55 PM
It will be whoever goes undefeated in the Pac-10 and the same for the Big XII. Nobody in the SEC will go undefeated and the Big Ten and Big East are just brutal this year. And until the Big Ten change there "power offenses", they will continue to be bad.

BTownVBall3
09-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Ok, not bad, but not championship caliber

cshscougar08
09-12-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm assuming by brutal, you mean down year or something of that nature.

BwdLions
09-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Ummm, I think the players play the game and not the coaches. Who cares what coaches we lost? Doesn't seem to be a big deal.

Oh yeah, I forgot the coaches have no effect on the team. :doh:

Txbroadcaster
09-12-2008, 01:29 PM

WAIT WAIT WAIT

all I heard during OU's run over Texas was how Stoops had Mack Brown's number, Brown is afraid of Stoops so on and so on

NOW OU fans are saying the PLAYERS decide it

well crap which is it?

Like it or not BIG GAME BOB has not lived up to that reputation the last few BCS games..I dont know if it is because of who they lost coaching wise or what

cshscougar08
09-12-2008, 01:44 PM
WAIT WAIT WAIT ON THAT ONE TOO!

I personally never said any of that, nor will you ever hear me say that. Don't categorize me under "OU fans" because I just became one in the past few months since I decided to come to school here. I'm originally from South Carolina. I didn't care about OU or anybody out here before I moved here. So there's that part.

Second, I didn't say the coaches have no effect on the players. However, I do fail to see huge impact that coaching has on the players. NOT IN QUALITY OF COACHING. I get that much, I'm not an idiot. But what I'm saying is you said that the coaches that we have lost up here at OU are the ones that have the fiery personalities. Basically what I'm saying is that if we lost fiery personalities on the coaching staff, I sure as heck can't tell. And I pride myself on being a knowledgeable football fan. So while it may have an effect on the players, it doesn't seem to be having one with us.

Stownhorse
09-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
It's awful early for this, but I will say,

USC over Georgia

Now that I will agree with. I had a hard time reading the OSU and Georgia pick.

But, OSU is about to get rocked by USC. So that will decide it.

Old Tiger
09-12-2008, 02:11 PM
USC/Georgia
USC/Mizzou
USC/East Carolina

BwdLions
09-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
USC/Georgia
USC/Mizzou
USC/East Carolina

I agree that USC should make the title game. I'm unsure about who their opponent may be. I think a safe bet would be a team from the SEC or the Big XII. That narrows it down to 24 teams. :cool:

cameron91
09-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Baylor vs Fresno St.........

:D

Old Tiger
I agree that USC should make the title game. I'm unsure about who their opponent may be. I think a safe bet would be a team from the SEC or the Big XII. That narrows it down to 24 teams. :cool: Actually 4-5

Georgia
LSU
Florida
Texas
Oklahoma
Tech
Mizzou

I don't think it'l be LSU, Tech, Texas or OU

BwdLions
I agree that USC should make the title game. I'm unsure about who their opponent may be. I think a safe bet would be a team from the SEC or the Big XII. That narrows it down to 24 teams.

Well, actually when you take out the teams that don't have a chance of getting there out of those two conferences, you have about four teams with a legitimate chance. :cool:

BTownVBall3
09-12-2008, 02:41 PM
I cannot wait for tech to lose so people will stop mentioning them already..

They are nowhere even near one of the elite teams.

cshscougar08
09-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
I cannot wait for tech to lose so people will stop mentioning them already..

They are nowhere even near one of the elite teams. :iagree: :iagree:

JR2004
09-12-2008, 03:28 PM
USC vs. whoever...It doesn't really matter. Way too much talent on that team to blow it again in the title game. It also helps that there isn't a Vince Young standing in their way this year.

waterboy
09-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
USC vs. whoever...It doesn't really matter. Way too much talent on that team to blow it again in the title game. It also helps that there isn't a Vince Young standing in their way this year.
How about USC vs. Celina?

Naaah......The Trojans would just forfeit......no way they'd have a chance.:D

eagle40
09-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Don't even get me started about the sooners chances. Yeah, they're a really good team, but they won't be in the title game. Stoops has lost too many good coaches through the years (unfortunately for them it was the ones that were repsonsible for their killer instinct).

They have made a BCS bowl six times this decade. That is pretty strong. The sooners get it done in the regular season but suck in their bowl games as of late. That is why I predict they make it to the NC and lose.

Gators17
09-12-2008, 08:43 PM
USC vs. Florida

To me there is absolutely no doubt that USC will be in the Championship game. They have too much depth and too good of coaching to not make it.

Florida. I know, they come from the SEC and their schedule is tremendously strong. BUT, home-field advantage comes into effect as well, especially when we're talking about Florida. LSU AT Florida, South Carolina AT Florida. Possible slip-ups= Tennessee, because it's in Knoxville and they're great at home. Florida State in Tallahassee. Everyone knows FSU is too good to be playing as badly as they have the past 2 years but i think this will be a tough game for Florida.

All in all, I think it comes down to Florida vs. USC in the National Championship and Florida pulls it out. USC historically has trouble against spread offenses and that's ALL Florida runs.

Go Gators!!

BTownVBall3
09-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Seems like for the last 5 years or so, it's always USC who nobody will come close to competing with.

Forutnate for them, there's no Dennis Dixon this year.

Gators17
09-12-2008, 09:05 PM
But unfortunately for them, there is a Tim Tebow.
;)

King_LeYoeNidas
09-12-2008, 09:35 PM
USC looks ridiculously good this year. They seem to be a shoe in.

PPHSfan
09-14-2008, 01:46 AM
After today I am changing my prediction.

USC over the Big 12 winner of OU or Missouri.

Necks_Fan
09-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
After today I am changing my prediction.

USC over the Big 12 winner of OU or Missouri. Seriously though. My other prediction was ajoke, even though BYU looked damn good this week.....

I'll take USC over OU in the Title game.

WHS02
09-14-2008, 01:06 PM
I WILL TAKE OU WITH THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. GOOD O LINE AND D LINE. 3 RUNNING BACKS, NOT INCLUDING THE GOOD REDSHIRT FRESHMAN FROM GILMER. LOTS OF GOOD RECIEVERS AND AWESOME QUATERBACK. OU OVER USC OR GEORGIA

popcorn screen
09-14-2008, 01:20 PM
USC vs. winner of OU and Missouri

Old Tiger
09-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
I WILL TAKE OU WITH THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. GOOD O LINE AND D LINE. 3 RUNNING BACKS, NOT INCLUDING THE GOOD REDSHIRT FRESHMAN FROM GILMER. LOTS OF GOOD RECIEVERS AND AWESOME QUATERBACK. OU OVER USC OR GEORGIA OU has good runningbacks and good receivers and a great qb

USC has great RBs(4) great receivers(hazelton, williams, turner, johnson), and a great QB.....

USC's defense is beastly...even after losing 4 first round draft picks!

dslonel
09-14-2008, 07:22 PM
USC vs Florida or winner of Big 12 OU, Mizzou, or UT vs Florida

jason
09-14-2008, 07:24 PM
texas over east carolina...

jason
09-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
Seems like for the last 5 years or so, it's always USC who nobody will come close to competing with.
see usc vs stanford from last season...