PDA

View Full Version : Playoff question?

BigRedfan
10-27-2002, 12:15 AM
If three teams tie for 2nd place in a district race, how are the other two representatives decided. There is a chance that this could happen in 11 3a. Please give all scenarios possible.

:D :rolleyes: :confused: :)

eye of the tiger
10-27-2002, 12:21 AM
Just a guess, but I would say a coin flip.

PPHSfan
10-27-2002, 12:33 AM
The largest school will go Division 1, the remaining two teams go division 2. The seeding is determined by the game that was played between the teams that are tied. The winner or that matchup gets first seed. Since you play everyone in your division, it is almost mathematicaly impossible for the neccesity of a coin flip to determine a winner.

PPHSfan
10-27-2002, 12:38 AM
Also in direct reference to your question. Lets say teams A, B, and C are in a three way tie for second. First you would look at the games played between these three teams only. If all three teams are still 1-2 in this scenario, then you look at the the the matchups with the first place team. If you still have a tie, I believe you look at the scores between these three teams only. After that, if I am not mistaken...the 50 yrd line penentration totals in these matchups are calculated....after that if you still have a three way tie...i think you play rock, paper, scissors. :D :D :D

St. Ivender
10-27-2002, 01:47 AM
PPHSfan stole my line.

Old Green
10-27-2002, 09:24 AM
District 27 3A uses positive points to break ties.