PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Olympics in China

Phil C
08-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Things like the web site below should send a message to the Olympic Site Selection Committee - Don't choose to have the Olympics anywhere in China again.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/China-revokes-visa-of-gold-medalist-Darfur-acti?urn=oly,98718&post_comment=1&success=1

Phil C
08-06-2008, 11:11 AM
"China is doing everything to ensure that they will win the most medals especially gold in all the sports while they are hosting the olympics." said the Sinton GodFather while on his way to the snack bar for a late morning cup of coffee.

nobogey72
08-06-2008, 11:39 AM
I hope that I am dead wrong, but I have a horrible feeling about this Olympics, as far as some kind of tragedy happening. :(

3afan
08-06-2008, 12:03 PM
the guy is not a competitor ...... he was going to "raise global awareness of the human-rights violations taking part in the Darfur region of Sudan. China's military, economic and diplomatic ties to Sudan have been well-publicized in the lead-up to the Games"

cant say I blame China for not wanting to deal with this especially at this time

and, don't see how this will increase China's chance at winning additional gold medals

NewYorkYankee
08-07-2008, 06:15 AM
the only thing i see china winning is ping pong and maybe a couple of the gymnast events

ronwx5x
08-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by NewYorkYankee
the only thing i see china winning is ping pong and maybe a couple of the gymnast events

Then you must be on that "wacky tabacky" again. Diving, soccer, and many others. They will challenge the US in the medal count.

wimbo_pro
08-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by NewYorkYankee

Oh my!!! Well, China had the 2nd highest gold medal count last Olympics (32), while we had the highest (35). VERY close.

In the total medal count order, we were #1 with 103, #2 Russia had 92 and #3 China had 63.

China has dedicated all their efforts to beating the U.S. this time...they are challenging in every sport possible. Hell, they have had a baseball team here in the U.S. for the last 4 years, playing colleges and semi-pro teams.

Dont be surprised if their ping pong gold medal pushes them over the top.

sahen
08-07-2008, 12:16 PM
depends if you measure success by gold medals or total medals....china can, and may beat us in gold medals....the only way we lose in total medals is if we have a horrible olympics or they cheat...we dominate track and swimming, and there are way too many medals in those 2 sports for us to lose the total medal count to China (Russia could beat us however in total medals if we just have a slightly down olympics)....

i saw a table in the chronicle not to far off that had total summer medals since the olympics were started back up, we lead Russia (Russia in this case is Russia plus their Soviet Union Medals) in 2nd place by about 1000 medals...

here is the wikipedia count in medals, they actually have the Soviet Union and Russia as 2 seperate countries, we are so far ahead of the other countries it isnt even funny....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_Olympic_Games_medal_count

ronwx5x
08-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Hasn't been many years since we lost out in the total medal count to EAST Germany, I think.

sahen
08-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Hasn't been many years since we lost out in the total medal count to EAST Germany, I think.

the East Germans were notorious for cheating as well....not saying thats why, but its a well known fact...

CHS_89
08-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I hope that I am dead wrong, but I have a horrible feeling about this Olympics, as far as some kind of tragedy happening. :(

For some reason, I do too! Hopefully nothing will happen.

crzyjournalist03
08-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Here's an Olympic joke to lighten the mood:

What's better than winning gold in the Special Olympics?

Not being retarded.

I know that that joke shouldn't be funny, but I LOLed hard a few minutes ago when someone first told it to me.

STANG RED
08-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Here's an Olympic joke to lighten the mood:

What's better than winning gold in the Special Olympics?

Not being retarded.

I know that that joke shouldn't be funny, but I LOLed hard a few minutes ago when someone first told it to me.

:eek: :doh: :tisk:

:1popcorn:

Oh this might get rough. You must not have seen the "retarded" thread from a year or two ago. It wasnt pretty!!!

NewYorkYankee
08-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Oh my!!! Well, China had the 2nd highest gold medal count last Olympics (32), while we had the highest (35). VERY close.

In the total medal count order, we were #1 with 103, #2 Russia had 92 and #3 China had 63.

China has dedicated all their efforts to beating the U.S. this time...they are challenging in every sport possible. Hell, they have had a baseball team here in the U.S. for the last 4 years, playing colleges and semi-pro teams.

Dont be surprised if their ping pong gold medal pushes them over the top.

YOU CHINA LOVER!!!!GO USA! USA! USA!:D