PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre

eagles_victory
08-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Is he tarnishing his legacy with his actions?

I apologize in advance because I know some people are tired of this dead horse being beat in the ground.

LHexPlayer
08-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Not yet. We don't know the whole story. One day it will come out, and then maybe it will hurt some. Then again we may hear the whole story and understand where he is coming from.

I_DONT_CARE
08-05-2008, 04:41 PM
WHAT DID HE DO NOW? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maroon87
08-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
WHAT DID HE DO NOW? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What do you care?:doh:

crzyjournalist03
08-05-2008, 04:45 PM
No...he changed his mind and wanted to play...several legends have unretired before him. It's the team that's tarnishing their legacy. They either should let him go or play him...don't keep him around on the bench. Plenty of stars have changed teams at the end of their careers because they wanted to keep playing but their team thought they were done. How many of us think that Joe Montana, Michael Jordan, Wade Boggs, Willie Mays, Emmitt Smith, et al have tarnished legacies?

Old Tiger
08-05-2008, 04:48 PM
they don't have to play him

you can't just let him go with his big contract.....

eagles_victory
08-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
No...he changed his mind and wanted to play...several legends have unretired before him. It's the team that's tarnishing their legacy. They either should let him go or play him...don't keep him around on the bench. Plenty of stars have changed teams at the end of their careers because they wanted to keep playing but their team thought they were done. How many of us think that Joe Montana, Michael Jordan, Wade Boggs, Willie Mays, Emmitt Smith, et al have tarnished legacies? He put the Packers in a no win situation.

forum_guy
08-05-2008, 05:15 PM
No...he changed his mind and wanted to play...several legends have unretired before him. It's the team that's tarnishing their legacy. They either should let him go or play him...don't keep him around on the bench. Plenty of stars have changed teams at the end of their careers because they wanted to keep playing but their team thought they were done. How many of us think that Joe Montana, Michael Jordan, Wade Boggs, Willie Mays, Emmitt Smith, et al have tarnished legacies?

dude i couldnt have said it better than that

crzyjournalist03
08-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
He put the Packers in a no win situation.

how so? They can win by trading him and getting a first round draft pick. They can win by keeping him and starting him this year.

They lose because they haven't done anything in a month.

Old Tiger
08-05-2008, 05:16 PM
how so? They can win by trading him and getting a first round draft pick. They can win by keeping him and starting him this year.

They lose because they haven't done anything in a month. not if it isn't a team he wants to play for....

crzyjournalist03
08-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
not if it isn't a team he wants to play for....

So? at this point, any first round pick is as good as another...trade him somewhere he's willing to play...heck...trade him somewhere he doesn't...then it would be up to him to figure out what to do. But right now, he's saying he'll play for the Packers, and he's saying he'll play elsewhere. The Packers need to get their act in gear and decide on a direction.

big daddy russ
08-06-2008, 01:04 AM
The word "legacy" gets thrown around more than a $2 whore at a pimp union rally these days. The only way people will remember this in 10 years is if the media doesn't let them forget.

If he still wants to play, let him. The, "He's a lifelong Packer and needs to retire one to protect his legacy," junk gets old. Not only did he begin his career as a Falcon, but Joe Montana, Emmitt Smith, Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, and Michael Jordan promised me it wouldn't hurt his legacy if he played for a team outside of the state of Wisconsin well past his prime.

Aaron Rodgers should be chomping at the bit for his chance to one-up Brett Favre head to head. If he beats him for the starting gig straight up this preseason, the ghost of Favre is gone before it ever got started. He'll never be compared to Mark Malone, Quincy Carter, or Jay Fiedler.

pirate4state
08-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
The word "legacy" gets thrown around more than a $2 whore at a pimp union rally these days. The only way people will remember this in 10 years is if the media doesn't let them forget.

If he still wants to play, let him. The, "He's a lifelong Packer and needs to retire one to protect his legacy," junk gets old. Not only did he begin his career as a Falcon, but Joe Montana, Emmitt Smith, Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, and Michael Jordan promised me it wouldn't hurt his legacy if he played for a team outside of the state of Wisconsin well past his prime.

Aaron Rodgers should be chomping at the bit for his chance to one-up Brett Favre head to head. If he beats him for the starting gig straight up this preseason, the ghost of Favre is gone before it ever got started. He'll never be compared to Mark Malone, Quincy Carter, or Jay Fiedler.

Thank you!

I'm so sick of Brett Favre & all the ass kissing the media is doing. Sheesh, you'd think no one great had come before him. :rolleyes: GMAB!

Trade him away & put us all out of our misery!

Maroon87
08-06-2008, 10:11 AM
To quote Vince McMahon..."Brett screwed Brett."

Farmersfan
08-06-2008, 12:18 PM
I think the only thing all this has shown is how big the Brett Favre ego really is...........................He is upset that his little butt wasn't kissed by the Packers (again) when he changed his mind. I think the Packers did enough Butt Kissing the last 5 offseason when he toyed with them about retireing................

Daddy D 11
08-06-2008, 12:23 PM
I have no respect for Brett Favre, or the Packers. Both sides have acted like idiots.

Looking4number8
08-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I think the only thing all this has shown is how big the Brett Favre ego really is...........................

Agreed , but the other thing is showing is how classey and smart Aaron Rodgers seems to be. He has kept his mouth shut and stayed out of it. That must be hard for him to do being in the position Favre has put him in.

Sweetwater Red
08-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
To quote Vince McMahon..."Brett screwed Brett."

Yeah but Brett knocked McMahon out with a right hook to Vince's
left eye.:D

Farmersfan
08-06-2008, 01:36 PM
He knows how sensitive matters are right now. Anything out of him would just make it worst. So he is doing the right thing...

Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Agreed , but the other thing is showing is how classey and smart Aaron Rodgers seems to be. He has kept his mouth shut and stayed out of it. That must be hard for him to do being in the position Favre has put him in.

Daddy D 11
08-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
He knows how sensitive matters are right now. Anything out of him would just make it worst. So he is doing the right thing...

you post under your qoutes...like so:D

It's the cool thing to do

Old Tiger
08-06-2008, 01:38 PM
I think Rodgers should just punch him in the face.

Also he is effecting other QB's in the league(Jeff Garcia, Jackson, and the Jets QB)

LH Panther Mom
08-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I think Rodgers should just punch him in the face.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You had an entire thread dedicated to this!

Maroon87
08-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Yeah but Brett knocked McMahon out with a right hook to Vince's
left eye.:D

Actually, according to Brett, Vince's face somehow ran into his fist.;)

rangerjoe33
08-06-2008, 03:35 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0805/nfl_a_mccarthy_65.jpg

"Brett didn't arrive in the proper mindset...."

Then why won't they trade him to a division opponent? They are afraid he is a better QB than they already have on the team...

McCarthy has the stupidest look on his face...

OldBison75
08-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Whether you agree with what is happening in Cheesehead land or not, who is the biggest loser in this fight? I believe that the Packer organization will pay for the way they reacted because Brett is so popular with the fans. And how bad is it gonna get if they don't trade him somewhere and Rogers starts off bad, or even has one bad game. Farve is still a quality QB and can be a starter in many cities, and a top notch back-up in any NFL organization.

I think that no matter what the organization is saying, they intend to keep him on the roster until the last cuts and then release him. It makes it difficult for another team to pick him up with no chance for practice and learning a new system. For the Packers it will be sweet revenge to see him not playing or sitting the bench in another town. JMHO

WylieBulldog92
08-06-2008, 06:25 PM
I heard he was supposed to be traded to TB today....at least that's what Rich Eisen told me last night on Total Access.

STANG RED
08-06-2008, 06:30 PM
It'll only hurt if he performs badley wherever he ends up playing, if he plays. But if he performs great, the GB coach will look like a fool.

mchavez
08-06-2008, 06:36 PM
so does anyone know if he's still going to be on the cover of madden in a packer uniform? lol...that's funny

Emerson1
08-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
so does anyone know if he's still going to be on the cover of madden in a packer uniform? lol...that's funny
Yep, the games were printed a few weeks ago.

eagles_victory
08-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Noone trades within their divison its not like this is a new thing.