PDA

View Full Version : Day 1.5 Report from Argyle

firstdown
08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
If you can't beat'em join'em...

Off- looks like we now are a Wing T or Wish bone I'm not sure but I did hear coach say something about "three yards and a cloud of dust".

Def- I think we will be called the little orange machine this year.

Move ins- Yes and they are some large young men.

J/K really it's hot and the 100 or so kids seem to be enjoying themselves. God I love this time of year :D

bigwood33
08-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by firstdown

Off- looks like we now are a Wing T or Wish bone I'm not sure but I did hear coach say something about "three yards and a cloud of dust".

Going to smash mouth? I thought you guys were a devoted spread team? If you aren't pulling our legs, then the coach may be just adding a different look for this year.

firstdown
08-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Going to smash mouth? I thought you guys were a devoted spread team? If you aren't pulling our legs, then the coach may be just adding a different look for this year.

Yes I was "pulling your leg" the whole post was a bunch of BS.
Except for the part about the heat. For the record don't you believe for a minute that a spread team won't lay the wood to you. Good luck this year. Looks like we get you guys at our place this year.

RedWhiteBlue
08-05-2008, 02:12 PM
As far as the heat- our trainer's thermometer hit 140 degrees yesterday at noon on the turf.
Our boys are practicing on the turf, because our old practice field is now a parking lot (sort of) and our practice field is not quite ready for practice.
I don't know about some of your schools, but ours looks a little scary, but we do have walls going up on the new fieldhouse, whoo whoo!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

bigwood33
08-05-2008, 02:15 PM
See ya' there. I think ya'll get Celina the week after us. Then we get them the week after ya'll do. Talk about layin' the wood to someone, they do every week.

BILLYFRED0000
08-05-2008, 02:45 PM
See ya' there. I think ya'll get Celina the week after us. Then we get them the week after ya'll do. Talk about layin' the wood to someone, they do every week.

We do try. I was really pullin for ya'll last year to make it. Pretty solid team.

WildTexan972
08-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Celina then Argyle in district play....

I do not think Prosper will be as much as folks think this year....they disappointed greatly last year....

firstdown
08-05-2008, 02:59 PM

We finish district with the mighty Bobcats at their place. That should be a great night of football.

orange machine
08-05-2008, 03:29 PM
I say Prosper and Argyle beat us. Crap ill even throw in Sanger aswell. We should be awful this year because we lost 28 seniors and we will be the doormat in 9-3a:wave:

firstdown
08-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I say Prosper and Argyle beat us. Crap ill even throw in Sanger aswell. We should be awful this year because we lost 28 seniors and we will be the doormat in 9-3a:wave:

Sand bagging does not suit you. You guys are way better than Sanger.:D

injuredinmelee
08-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
As far as the heat- our trainer's thermometer hit 140 degrees yesterday at noon on the turf.
Our boys are practicing on the turf, because our old practice field is now a parking lot (sort of) and our practice field is not quite ready for practice.
I don't know about some of your schools, but ours looks a little scary, but we do have walls going up on the new fieldhouse, whoo whoo!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

140?? They werent practicing in that were they?

RedWhiteBlue
08-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
140?? They werent practicing in that were they?
Yes, they were practicing and frying up lunch for the crowd watching workout.:D
Understand that this is actually ON the turf temperature.