PDA

View Full Version : DQ Game of the Week: Bellville @ #2 Navasota, September 19

HEMOTOXIC
08-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Should be another great game between the two former district foes.

garciap77
08-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Should be another great game between the two former district foes.

Who won last time?

HEMOTOXIC
08-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Who won last time?

Last year @ Bellville: Navasota 35 Bellville 25
2006: Bellville 49 Navasota 19
2005: Bellville 35 Navasota 21
2004: Navasota 37 Bellville 34

Old Tiger
08-05-2008, 01:00 PM
what a waste of a DQ BGOTW

HEMOTOXIC
08-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
what a waste of a DQ BGOTW

LOL, it will be a good game. Hey, I was just as surprised.

Bulligator
08-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Bellville will have played Caldwell, 4A Livington, and have an open week before they face Navasota.

Navasota will have played 4A Henderson, Palestine, and 2A Hearne.

If my old mind remembers correctly, Navasota went ahead early, and Bellville came back after halftime and made it close last year. Bellville had a down year in 2007, ending up 5-5, and 1-4 in District. They had a young team, as 4 - 5 returning senior starters decided not to play. The team will have a lot of juniors starting this year with their experience starting as sophs. I expect the coaches to work a little harder on the 2008 game plan with the open week to contain Navasota's Pratt and Jackson.

It will be interesting to see how the Brahma team comes together this year. Hopefully, 2007 will be a distant memory.

zebrablue2
08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Last year @ Bellville: Navasota 35 Bellville 25
2006: Bellville 49 Navasota 19
2005: Bellville 35 Navasota 21
2004: Navasota 37 Bellville 34

that 2004 game still gives me nightmares. had the rattlers 4th and forever at our 25 yd. line with about 35 seconds left. screen pass--TD. that game was a war...

raider red 2000
08-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
that 2004 game still gives me nightmares. had the rattlers 4th and forever at our 25 yd. line with about 35 seconds left. screen pass--TD. that game was a war...

who is navasota scrimaging???

HEMOTOXIC
08-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
who is navasota scrimaging???

@ Mart vs Mart and Marlin
& vs Mexia

HEMOTOXIC
08-05-2008, 03:36 PM
I like the Bulls. Look for them to challenge Sealy for the district title.

navscanmaster
08-05-2008, 04:52 PM
It'll be a good game because it is Navasota vs. Bellville. Then you throw in the Brahmas' athleticism, which I can personally say looks promising this year. I watched them in some 7 on 7 games, and they look like they could surprise some folks this year. Under the radar? Not for long with this group of bulls, I foresee. I wish the Rattlers were more under the radar.:(

RattlerDude
08-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Bellville will have played Caldwell, 4A Livington, and have an open week before they face Navasota.

Navasota will have played 4A Henderson, Palestine, and 2A Hearne.

If my old mind remembers correctly, Navasota went ahead early, and Bellville came back after halftime and made it close last year. Bellville had a down year in 2007, ending up 5-5, and 1-4 in District. They had a young team, as 4 - 5 returning senior starters decided not to play. The team will have a lot of juniors starting this year with their experience starting as sophs. I expect the coaches to work a little harder on the 2008 game plan with the open week to contain Navasota's Pratt and Jackson.

It will be interesting to see how the Brahma team comes together this year. Hopefully, 2007 will be a distant memory.
Won't happen. The containment I mean. If you are talking about experience, Navasota has most of the offense and defense coming back. They lost a few key defensive players but now most of the starters have 3 years of experience. I see them showing up to the #2 ranking and definitely beating Bellville.

OldBison75
08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Bellville vs Navasota will be a battle from the opening kickoff. The Rattlers have always had trouble with Bellville's athletic style of play and I don't see that changing this year. Remember, Navasota had only one weakness last year, poor run defense. If I remember right, there is a darn good running back on that Bellville team. Plus, a year of experience should make those young guys that played alot last year much better.

I still believe that Navasota should win, especially at home, but I know that Bellville will be fired up and ready to give Navasota all they want. Don't be surprised if this game is close.

rancher
08-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Navasota will be too much too early for Bellville. The bulls only hope in the game will be to run the ball and eat the clock up. The way that Giddings beat WOS a couple of years ago. Bellville will have the horses in the backfield to run the ball as they look very very deep at running back with Nunn leading the way. Offensive line is very suspect and qb is very weak. Will find out early what the bulls have.

HEMOTOXIC
08-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Navasota will be too much too early for Bellville. The bulls only hope in the game will be to run the ball and eat the clock up. The way that Giddings beat WOS a couple of years ago. Bellville will have the horses in the backfield to run the ball as they look very very deep at running back with Nunn leading the way. Offensive line is very suspect and qb is very weak. Will find out early what the bulls have.

This game will be a great test for the Bulls. The game will be close early, but that the Rattlers will be too much for Bellville especially with the Rattlers playing at their beautiful Rattler Stadium. The fans of Navasota were disappointed with loses to Giddings and Caldwell a year ago. But, this year's defense will be much better as they have something to prove and will protect their home turf. But, as I have stated all along, I like Bellville. I think that the Bulls will surprise alot of people this year.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-05-2008, 11:00 PM
This game will be a great test for the Bulls. The game will be close early, but that the Rattlers will be too much for Bellville especially with the Rattlers playing at their beautiful Rattler Stadium. The fans of Navasota were disappointed with loses to Giddings and Caldwell a year ago. But, this year's defense will be much better as they have something to prove and will protect their home turf. But, as I have stated all along, I like Bellville. I think that the Bulls will surprise alot of people this year.
The Rattlers will be favored in this one, but will give Bellville a good test before District. Will the Rattlers play Giddings in Pre District?
Heard their was some added seating on the visitors side? How many will it seat now?

navscanmaster
08-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
The Rattlers will be favored in this one, but will give Bellville a good test before District. Will the Rattlers play Giddings in Pre District?
Heard their was some added seating on the visitors side? How many will it seat now?
No Giddings for us this year. And if you are referring to Rattler stadium, no improvements this year. If you aren't from the KBTX viewing area, you probably haven't heard about our financial situation:

They are facing a deficit this year of 200K plus. They have 3 Mil in reserve funds, but the board/supt didn't want to dip into it at all. So they were gonna cut 10 support staff from the payroll to be able to give teachers a 3% raise. Big stink arose, of course, because who works for an ISD and gets layed off, after all? So they then decided to not layoff anybody, but not give the raises. More stink the other night, of course. Some support staff had already voluntarily resigned, and now they aren't going to be cut after all.

Of course, the people in the district are complaining about Board room chairs and salaries being luxurious, the football stadium and its scoreboard, and anything else they can blame. Never mind the fact that nearly every ISD in the state is facing a harsh budget after legislative funding changes. Never mind that we consolidated bus routes (saves 100k) and coach Fedora cut from the athletics budget (80k).

So, long story short, any new seats or paving the visitor parking lot this year would raise all kinds of hell.

HEMOTOXIC
08-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
No Giddings for us this year. And if you are referring to Rattler stadium, no improvements this year. If you aren't from the KBTX viewing area, you probably haven't heard about our financial situation:

They are facing a deficit this year of 200K plus. They have 3 Mil in reserve funds, but the board/supt didn't want to dip into it at all. So they were gonna cut 10 support staff from the payroll to be able to give teachers a 3% raise. Big stink arose, of course, because who works for an ISD and gets layed off, after all? So they then decided to not layoff anybody, but not give the raises. More stink the other night, of course. Some support staff had already voluntarily resigned, and now they aren't going to be cut after all.

Of course, the people in the district are complaining about Board room chairs and salaries being luxurious, the football stadium and its scoreboard, and anything else they can blame. Never mind the fact that nearly every ISD in the state is facing a harsh budget after legislative funding changes. Never mind that we consolidated bus routes (saves 100k) and coach Fedora cut from the athletics budget (80k).

So, long story short, any new seats or paving the visitor parking lot this year would raise all kinds of hell.

The additions called for adding visitor seating, paving the visitor parking lot, a dressing area for the visiting team, & adding restrooms and a concesion stands under the home side seating. But as navscanmaster stated, all hell would break loose if these additions would have occured. The additions would be nice especially if NISD wants to attract playoffs games. So, maybe next year these additions will occur.

Bull's-eye
08-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Anybody know who is the starting QB for Bellville? I heard they may convert one of their receivers.

Brahma84
08-06-2008, 01:49 PM
I would guess that Mueller(Jr) is the favorite at this point. He's a 6'5" lefty. He is also a pitcher in baseball, so he has a pretty strong arm and runs well for a big guy.

Bulligator
08-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Cody Knoll, a sophomore, played 50% of the time during the summer 7-on-7 league. I don't think he played as a freshman. The JV quarterback from last year, Payton, may also be in the mix.

navscanmaster
08-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
Cody Knoll, a sophomore, played 50% of the time during the summer 7-on-7 league. I don't think he played as a freshman. The JV quarterback from last year, Payton, may also be in the mix.
Knoll was the small guy? I kinda thought that was Tallerine, lol.:doh:

Brahma84
08-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Tallerine was the back-up last year, but will play mostly on defense this year. I don't think that he took any snaps this summer during 7 on 7. If he did, it wasn't many. Compared to Mueller, all of our other QB's look small. Knoll is probably about 5'10".

navscanmaster
08-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Tallerine was the back-up last year, but will play mostly on defense this year. I don't think that he took any snaps this summer during 7 on 7. If he did, it wasn't many. Compared to Mueller, all of our other QB's look small. Knoll is probably about 5'10".

Mueller is a good TE, and the other guy seemed more accurate and a little quicker at the helm. I would much rather see Mueller hauling in passes with that frame of his than his less accurate arm throwing to a bunch of smaller receivers. Maybe he was just off the day I saw him, too, I dunno.

On another note, Emmanuel Sanders might have a hell of a year at SMU with June Jones coming in. He might be able to get the kind of recognition he needs to go pro.

Antec
08-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Wharton Tigers play both Bellville and Giddings

They crank up against Class 2A state ranked Rice Consolidated

Their only chance for a non district win is against Giddings

Also play rival El Campo for Colorado River Battl

KL3
08-06-2008, 08:42 PM
I like Mueller at TE as well. A huge TE like he is can be a big time weapon. But QB is the most important position on the team so if the coaches feel he is the best, you've got to have him there.

Emmanual Sanders had 800 yds receiving last year as a sophomore. Hopefully he'll get a shot at the NFL. Bellville could have 2 former players make it to the league with Sanders and A&M OL Schneider.

Also of note, Josh Bryant from Bellville is also starting at WR for SMU.

scrub c
08-06-2008, 08:52 PM
I know Bellville had a BUNCH of good young talent last year, I would guess they are gonna be pretty good.