PDA

View Full Version : If bridge city is so good why drop to 3a?

NEWTON 1
10-21-2001, 04:52 PM
ok my point is there is all this hype about bridge city ruling district 21-3a or most of 3a now get thisif they r as good as they and everyone say they r than y arnt they still 4a. I really dont have no problem with them in our district but i think they should stay in 4a if they r as good as they think they r.

coonrage07
10-21-2001, 05:01 PM
let them play wlie and see how good they are

coonrage07
10-21-2001, 05:02 PM
WYLIE, my bad

Jacket2000
10-21-2001, 05:06 PM
Classification has nothing to do with the level of play. It is decided by enrollment. Smaller the enrollment, the smaller the classification.

eye of the tiger
10-21-2001, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by NEWTON 1:
ok my point is there is all this hype about bridge city ruling district 21-3a or most of 3a now get thisif they r as good as they and everyone say they r than y arnt they still 4a. I really dont have no problem with them in our district but i think they should stay in 4a if they r as good as they think they r.

NEWTON whether they are 3a or 4a depends on enrollment and not how good the team is.

NEWTON 1
10-21-2001, 07:26 PM
bridge city is still able to stay in 4a if u look at enrollment but if u look at their winning percentage u can tell they cant hang with 4a. they were givin the choice to dropp not because they didnt have the enrollment but because they couldnt win a game up in 4a.

eye of the tiger
10-21-2001, 08:03 PM
NEWTON1. If they had 4a enrollment numbers in Feburary a couple years ago they would have had to stay 4a. They would not have been given a choice. Schools can stay in the higher class if they choose and if there is room in that district for them. They cannot have 4a enrollment and choose to play 3a. This was decided almost 2 years ago so their enrollment may be back in the 4a zone now and if they dont raise the bar they may have to go back to 4a.

Jacket2000
10-21-2001, 08:37 PM
Tiger, give it up. This guy is obviously our intellectual superior.

southeastfootball
10-21-2001, 10:27 PM
not necessarily you can stay in the same classification if you choose just like zapata did for a while it is just that bridge city could not beat a 4a team so they chose to go down but what gets me is that they couldnt beat any 4a teams and then they come down to 3a and start talking trash

bccards
10-21-2001, 11:19 PM
no Newton boy, Bridge City does NOT Rule 21-3A.. You gotta win district a few years before you can 'rule' it.. and NO, We do NOT think we are ruling the district.. We havn't won District 21-3A Enough to RULE anything yet.. Also, Bridge City had 794 students when realignment was done.. The Cutoff is 844, exactly 50 students away from being 4A.. But why would you want to hang in 4A, and YOU be the small school, when you could drop to 3A and BE the big school after being whipped for so many years?? Bridge City gets a winning team only every so many years.. Let us have our few winning seasons, and you can have yours back.. besides, I'm still waiting for a reply in the previous thread you started, about BC only scoring 22 points?? Yet, Newton allowed Woodville a TD??? HAHAHA.. so in all actuality, NEWTON scored a whole TD more than BC did Friday Night.. You gave up 7, BC gave up 0.. I'll bet when you play Kirbyville, Yall will give up some points.. Lets see, You win by 28 points, or win by 41 points.. So in actuality, 2 TD's makes a lot of difference in the game of Football..

[This message has been edited by bccards (edited October 21, 2001).]

footballer2
10-22-2001, 10:14 AM
COME ON GUYS- GIVE BRIDGE CITY THEIR DUE RESPECT- IF THEY ARE WINNING, GOOD FOR THEM. IF THEY HAD 3-A ENROLLMENT NUMBERS LAST REALIGNMENT, THEN THEY DID THE RIGHT THING PLAYING IN 3-A AND NOT IN 4-A. QUIT BEING ENVIOUS OF TEAMS HAVING SUCCESS JUST BECAUSE YOUR TEAM MAY NOT BE HAVING CURRENT SUCCESS OR AS MUCH SUCCESS AS SOME OTHER TEAM. IF SOME FANS FROM BRIDGE CITY ARE TALKING TRASH, MORE TIMES THAN NOT THEY WILL GET THEIR LESSON IN HUMILITY. I'M SURE BRIDGE CITY HAS FANS THAT JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSES FANS. GOOD LUCK TO BRIDGE CITY AND GOOD RIDDANCE TO ALL THE CRY BABIES OUT THERE-GROW UP.

Old Cardinal
10-22-2001, 03:37 PM
After all of the babbling by "Newton 1"-here are the facts...at the time UIL assigned Bridge City to 3A they had 794 enrollment and were the 18th from largest in 3A statewide. Today, they have an enrollment of 749 and are well within the 3A ranks and will most probably stay there-with many 3A schools larger than BC. As for not being able to stay with 4A teams-they beat 3 that size and tied one and lost by a field goal in overtime. They can compete in 4A however they can compete better with schools their size in Classification.

3Aroy
10-22-2001, 08:02 PM
N1,
It is a battle you can't win. Some of these people know UIL rules like the back of their hand. There is no way Bridge City could just say,"I wanna be 3A because we will not have much competition, regardless of the number of students we have." It is all in the numbers.

Husker98
10-23-2001, 10:33 AM
BCCards,
Woodville scored 7 points because Newton had in their second and third string. If Barbay would have let first string play the whole game, like ya'll did, Newton would have won 50-0. Next week when he does let first string play the whole game against ya'll, you'll see how good Newton really is.

footballfan
10-23-2001, 11:34 AM
Husker 98, Obviously you were not at the BC-Woodville game. The 1st string ran one series in the 2nd half and scored in about 2 minutes. Even recently called up JV players held them scoreless for the entire half. Get the facts.

Originally posted by Husker98:
BCCards,
Woodville scored 7 points because Newton had in their second and third string. If Barbay would have let first string play the whole game, like ya'll did, Newton would have won 50-0. Next week when he does let first string play the whole game against ya'll, you'll see how good Newton really is.

Endword
10-23-2001, 11:52 AM
Quite a bit of talk about classification! By the way, this Friday, the 26th, each school will submit enrollment data to the UIL for the next two years classifications and district alignments which will be announced in February, 2002. A team can request to play up. This is usually done by a team that anticipates growth that will put it in the next classification level at the next alignment. However, it is still determined by the UIL if they can play up or not.

bccards
10-23-2001, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Husker98:
BCCards,

Well, Hate to tell you the bad news Husker, our First string wasn't in the game the entire time.. Heck, even our 2nd and 3rd string didn't allow Woodville to score.. Geez.. What does that say about Newton's defense??.. I"m glad footballfan got to reply before I did.. cuz they said exactly what I was about to say..

3Aroy
10-23-2001, 03:57 PM
I don't like trash talking about this game because I know that there will be plenty of it going on next week. However, BCCards, you will see just how good Newton's first team defense is on the night of November 2 at 7:30 PM. That defense will make you have nightmares for a while.

Backwoods
10-24-2001, 01:54 PM
Remember boys (notice the term boys) if, should-a, would-a, and could-a don't meann half as much as did. So, let's let the teams play and see where the DID is on November 3. Lets just hope for a great game with no injuries.

3Aroy
10-25-2001, 06:52 AM
I just thought I would tell you so that you wouldn't show up at the stadium on Saturday, but the game is on November 2.

Backwoods
10-25-2001, 04:03 PM
Thanks Roy. I knew that. Just giving people time to get back to Stringtown before talking "did". The Next day.