PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Should punch Brett Favre in the face!

I_DONT_CARE
08-04-2008, 12:30 PM
SOMEBODY SHOULD PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE FOR THINKING OF SUCH A HORRENDOUS THING! :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
SOMEBODY SHOULD PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE FOR THINKING OF SUCH A HORRENDOUS THING! :rolleyes: No....I'm just saying what a lot of people are thinking

Buckeye1980
08-04-2008, 12:35 PM
He should ask for 2 million dollars bonus money not to play this year

forum_guy
08-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Should punch Brett Favre in the face!

for what wanting to come back and play...brett wanted out of that organization from the beginning so why cant aaron be mad at the organization....

I_DONT_CARE
08-04-2008, 12:59 PM
No....I'm just saying what a lot of people are thinking ME TOO.

BreckTxLonghorn
08-04-2008, 01:04 PM
He should demand a trade or an outright release. If the organization wants to treat him like that, he deserves a chance to go somewhere that he'll have a fair chance at playing time.

And by he, I mean Aaron Rodgers. Sorry for the confusion.

forum_guy
08-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
He should demand a trade or an outright release. If the organization wants to treat him like that, he deserves a chance to go somewhere that he'll have a fair chance at playing time.

i agree and hopefully he will get a chance to play against rodgers packers and dominate...rodgers is already throwing int. after int. in practice scrimmages and getting booed...lol

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
i agree and hopefully he will get a chance to play against rodgers packers and dominate...rodgers is already throwing int. after int. in practice scrimmages and getting booed...lol He's talking about Aaron not Brett ;)

Well one thing I'm excited about is that Brett Favre will increase his interception record. :)

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 01:19 PM
If the organization wants to treat him like that, he deserves a chance to go somewhere that he'll have a fair chance at playing time.
Wait, I think I'm confused. Isn't Favre the one that retired? So the organization moved on and that's treating him badly? :confused:

forum_guy
08-04-2008, 01:23 PM
one thing could stop all of the fussing...what they have been saying all along...who has the best chance to take his team to a superbowl....do u think teammates want rodgers in there and more than likely get 2nd in the division to the vikings...no they want to advance to the super bowl and win a title

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 01:25 PM
one thing could stop all of the fussing...what they have been saying all along...who has the best chance to take his team to a superbowl....do u think teammates want rodgers in there and more than likely get 2nd in the division to the vikings...no they want to advance to the super bowl and win a title there going to get 2cd behind the vikings regardless

forum_guy
08-04-2008, 01:28 PM
could be true but u dont want rodgers with no experience out there against the best of the best when it comes to team defenses...when u can just start favre

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Rodgers looked very good against Dallas last year and Brett was lack luster. IMO Brett always throws a huge INT in big games at key moments

BreckTxLonghorn
08-04-2008, 02:12 PM
for what wanting to come back and play...brett wanted out of that organization from the beginning so why cant aaron be mad at the organization....

Brett has actually backtracked and said he always wanted to play for the Packers and that he originally did not want to be traded or released. Nice.

And to everyone, I meant Aaron Rodgers earlier. Sorry for not being clear.

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 02:30 PM

And to everyone, I meant Aaron Rodgers earlier. Sorry for not being clear. Now it makes more sense! :D

Maroon87
08-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Rodgers looked very good against Dallas last year and Brett was lack luster.

I'm sure Dallas didn't have any tape on Rodgers to prepare for him.

eppy 12
08-04-2008, 04:30 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/bret.jpg

forum_guy
08-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by eppy 12
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/bret.jpg

not really that funny

forum_guy
08-04-2008, 04:36 PM
nice try

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 04:39 PM
not really that funny you're right it's not that funny.....but its friggin hilarious!

forum_guy
08-04-2008, 04:45 PM
its going to be really funny when the boys are watchin favre play late into the playoffs too..lol...now thats friggin hilarious

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 04:51 PM
its going to be really funny when the boys are watchin favre play late into the playoffs too..lol...now thats friggin hilarious not if favre has to go through dallas....what is his record at texas stadium 0-???

ya that's right

forum_guy
08-04-2008, 05:07 PM
have u thought about this..if he stays with the packers i do believe dallas will have to play them there during the season which would give the packers the tie break cuz they will probably finish the same again and more than likely mean the cowboys will have to go through lambeau..so yeah i dont know about the boys in that...

ya thats tight

Maroon87
08-04-2008, 05:09 PM
its going to be really funny when the boys are watchin favre play late into the playoffs too..lol...now thats friggin hilarious

You're just a little hater, arentcha?:thinking:

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 05:12 PM
have u thought about this..if he stays with the packers i do believe dallas will have to play them there during the season which would give the packers the tie break cuz they will probably finish the same again and more than likely mean the cowboys will have to go through lambeau..so yeah i dont know about the boys in that...

ya thats tight packers won't even win their division bro

forum_guy
i have hated the cowboys my whole life...its them not makin it past the firt round thats makin me enjoy it more...lol

forum_guy
packers won't even win their division bro

with favre they will...have u seen the vikings schedule its rough...they could stack the box and eat tarvaris jackson alive

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 05:15 PM
with favre they will...have u seen the vikings schedule its rough...they could stack the box and eat tarvaris jackson alive tarvaris jackson just has to manage that game.

forum_guy
08-04-2008, 05:17 PM
tarvaris jackson just has to manage that game.

the packers D aint no joke either...that would be a good game but i think favre with the packers would be the difference...i do think that favre with the vikings would smash rodgers packers..lol

crzyjournalist03
08-04-2008, 05:18 PM
tarvaris jackson just has to manage that game.

Quarterbacks that just manage games lose games in the playoffs.

Who was the last one that won something...Trent Dilfer?

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 05:18 PM
the packers D aint no joke either...that would be a good game but i think favre with the packers would be the difference...i do think that favre with the vikings would smash rodgers packers..lol favre will be the difference in this game if he's start cause it's a big game and he'll get rushed and throw an INT to seal the deal for the vikings ;)

forum_guy
08-04-2008, 05:19 PM
tarvaris barely knows how to take a snap and complete a pass

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Quarterbacks that just manage games lose games in the playoffs.

Who was the last one that won something...Trent Dilfer? brad johnson w/ the bucs?

JR2004
08-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Wait, I think I'm confused. Isn't Favre the one that retired? So the organization moved on and that's treating him badly? :confused:

Considering the Packers were a doormat for almost a quarter century before he came along, I think he deserves a little more respect from the organization. They should've let him. I'm not a Packer fan, but the man made them relevant again and brought them a their first Super Bowl title in 3 decades.

The Packers know Favre is the better QB out of the two. If they didn't think so they would've let him head to Minnesota.

Rocket
08-04-2008, 08:41 PM
No....I'm just saying what a lot of people are thinking

I agree with this.

Rocket
08-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Considering the Packers were a doormat for almost a quarter century before he came along, I think he deserves a little more respect from the organization. They should've let him. I'm not a Packer fan, but the man made them relevant again and brought them a their first Super Bowl title in 3 decades.

The Packers know Favre is the better QB out of the two. If they didn't think so they would've let him head to Minnesota.

It isn't about who is better. It is about can Favre win the big one again and if not, why put off rebuilding for another 2 years? Favre is being selfish. He has played many years and has done some great things, time to hang it up. He could get really hurt this season. I would hate to see it, but one of these games his number is going to get called and it isn't going to be pretty and he will be thinking to himself "why did i come back?"

Many factors with Favre. He is old. He is older than the coach. He is uncoachable. He throws INT's because he fears no repercussions. He wins as many as he loses. At any moment he can give a game away. He is a liability at this point. Time to leave, Favre.

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 08:48 PM
but i think favre with the packers would be the difference...i do think that favre with the vikings would smash rodgers packers..lol

congrats, you just made your first logical post:clap:

but, i still hate the Packers. I respect Favre, but not very much anymore. Aaron Rogers sucks and the Packers couldn't hold the Cowboys jock strap..

pirate4state
08-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
It isn't about who is better. It is about can Favre win the big one again and if not, why put off rebuilding for another 2 years? Favre is being selfish. He has played many years and has done some great things, time to hang it up. He could get really hurt this season. I would hate to see it, but one of these games his number is going to get called and it isn't going to be pretty and he will be thinking to himself "why did i come back?"

Many factors with Favre. He is old. He is older than the coach. He is uncoachable. He throws INT's because he fears no repercussions. He wins as many as he loses. At any moment he can give a game away. He is a liability at this point. Time to leave, Favre.

:clap:

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by JR2004

Breck was talking about Rodgers, I thought he was talking about Favre. Either way, what is the Packers organization supposed to do when their 38-year old QB (or however old he is) says he wants to retire? Wait around 6-months to decide to fill his spot, just in case? It doesn't matter one way or the other to me what he does or what the organization does. I just think it's silly that the organization is supposed to be the bad guy here. It's not like they said "you suck, you need to retire".

NFL is a business, first. They had no choice to move on, so I'm guessing since he retired then wanted to unretire, the Packers didn't think it made good business sense to let him go to the Vikings.

Maroon87
08-04-2008, 11:20 PM
No matter what happens here the fact that Favre retired and allowed the Packers to move forward with developing new QB's for five months, only to announce on the eve of training camp that he wants back in (and only as a starter) is selfish on his part. He might be the better QB but I lost quite a bit of respect for him over how he handled this situation. Just my $.02...