6. Seminole

7. Graham

8. Brownfield

9. Fort Stockton

10. Sweetwater

http://hstexas.scout.com/2/773660.html

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 11:53 AM
i guess it's officially football season so i'll go ahead and get started....

there isn't even 10 good teams in west texas....all that should be on this list is 1. Brownwood and 2. Abilene Wylie. the rest are just space fillers

Sweetwater Red
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

there isn't even 10 good teams in west texas....all that should be on this list is 1. Brownwood and 2. Abilene Wylie. the rest are just space fillers

Oh! All of a sudden it's not Region 1. It's West Texas.:doh:

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Oh! All of a sudden it's not Region 1. It's West Texas.:doh: Changes happened to make me make changes to my thoughts :p

navscanmaster
08-04-2008, 02:19 PM

:spitlol: :1popcorn:

:doh:

espn1
08-04-2008, 02:22 PM
That's a District 1234, Top 10.

Trashman
08-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Okay, thats it.......just give us the trophy...... we don't even need to play the games. :D :stirpot: :vrycnfsd:

bigwood33
08-04-2008, 02:30 PM

Put the crack pipe down, west Texas football is pretty good. I will say this however, The Super CenTex is the deepest area right now for 3A power.

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Okay, thats it.......just give us the trophy...... we don't even need to play the games. :D :stirpot: :vrycnfsd: Don't kid yourself. The last West Texas team to win it all was Abilene Wylie in 2004.

Sweetwater Red
08-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by espn1
That's a District 1234, Top 10.

The 10 best teams from district's 1,2,3,and 4. I looked to see
if there was something similar for the remaining districts and
found nothing.

exbulldog06
08-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Don't kid yourself. The last West Texas team to win it all was Abilene Wylie in 2004.

Thats true and i hear that the team this year is just as good as the team was in 2004 :)

Stangs325
08-04-2008, 04:09 PM
1. Brownwood

2. Snyder

3. Abilene Wylie

4. Monahans

5. Lubbock Estacado

6. Seminole

7. Graham

8. Brownfield

9. Fort Stockton

10. Sweetwater

http://hstexas.scout.com/2/773660.html

i wish i knew who made these polls. they're ridiculous. they really are

garciap77
08-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Okay, thats it.......just give us the trophy...... we don't even need to play the games. :D :stirpot: :vrycnfsd:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Trashman
08-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Just trying to stir the pot a little bit.:D

garciap77
08-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Just trying to stir the pot a little bit.:D :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

jimmyceatworld
08-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Oh! All of a sudden it's not Region 1. It's West Texas.:doh:

I thought Blue was going to say something about Region I gaining some power houses from Region III after the alignment change, but that wasn't mentioned.

ronwx5x
08-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

:thmbdwn: :thmbdwn: :thmbdwn:

bwdlionfan
08-04-2008, 05:44 PM
So based on this poll Sweetwater will be 1-4 in district

ronwx5x
08-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

Good observation, but do you doubt it? What is your prediction?

:confused:

bwdlionfan
08-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Good observation, but do you doubt it? What is your prediction?

:confused:

Depends on how good this new coach gets Breckenridge :D

Phantom Stang
08-04-2008, 06:00 PM
That right there was funny!:D

Way incorrect but still funny.

ronwx5x
08-04-2008, 06:01 PM

Ah, nothing like hedging the bet! In a district this tough, Sweetwater could go 1-4, 2-3 or who knows. The 1-4 is seemingly most likely.

Matthew328
08-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Right here!! I made the poll!! :)

I had a DFW A-Z list and then an East Texas 3A Top 10

Lion_Addict
08-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by exbulldog06
Thats true and i hear that the team this year is just as good as the team was in 2004 :)

I am so hoping that they are ;)

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
I thought Blue was going to say something about Region I gaining some power houses from Region III after the alignment change, but that wasn't mentioned.
:doh: :doh: None of the Region III/IV powerhouses are in West Texas. :p

Rabid Cougar
08-04-2008, 09:54 PM
China Spring and Liberty Hill are on the west side of I-35 and the west side of McLennan and Williamson Counties respectively.

Isn't that considered West Texas?

Hate to say but they will have some say in who advances from Region I.

jimmyceatworld
08-05-2008, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: None of the Region III/IV powerhouses are in West Texas. :p

I said Region I, not West Texas

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2008, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
I said Region I, not West Texas
I know, but it's a West Texas top 10, so GB had no choice but to change his tune. :D

garciap77
08-05-2008, 06:58 AM

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
:p
;)

The only win to Breck!:D

DaHop72
08-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
:spitlol: :1popcorn:

:doh: No popcorn navscanmaster, we just consider the source. :thumbsup:

STANG RED

Yeah, polls are always spot on.
Kinda like B'wood being ranked in 4A last year at one time. But we all know what ended up happening there dont we. Thump Thump Thump in week 11.:devil:

Sweetwater Red

Just goes to prove I don't only post stuff that shows Sweetwater
in a positve light.:D

Six of those teams are on our schedule and Matthew328 already
has picked us to lose to Burkburnet by 10. Apparently we'll be
lucky to go 3-7 this year.:doh:

DaHop72
08-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Stangs325
i wish i knew who made these polls. they're ridiculous. they really are Why, because Sweetwater is at #10.:devil: :devil:

STANG RED
08-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Just goes to prove I don't only post stuff that shows Sweetwater
in a positve light.:D

Six of those teams are on our schedule and Matthew328 already
has picked us to lose to Burkburnet by 10. Apparently we'll be
lucky to go 3-7 this year.:doh:

May not be a bad thing, if it sends Jackson down the road.;)

DaHop72
08-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
May not be a bad thing, if it sends Jackson down the road.;) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
08-05-2008, 08:20 AM
May not be a bad thing, if it sends Jackson down the road.;)

Now don't go getting Black Magic's hopes up.:evillol:

STANG RED
08-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Now don't go getting Black Magic's hopes up.:evillol:

He can be head jock scrubber and towel boy. :devil:

Where has ol Blackie been anyway? Havent seen him on here in a while. I guess the B'wood boys must of skeered him off.:D

Old Tiger
08-05-2008, 01:07 PM
I know, but it's a West Texas top 10, so GB had no choice but to change his tune. :D wouldn't you? i mean crap the UIL basically STOLE those two region III teams!

Black_Magic
08-05-2008, 02:20 PM
May not be a bad thing, if it sends Jackson down the road.;) Then the program may fall even more. Jackson has done well with what he has had. Well is dry and now the vultures come out.:rolleyes: unfortunatly I see the ponys may go 1-4 like mentioned before.

Black_Magic
08-05-2008, 02:27 PM
He can be head jock scrubber and towel boy. :devil:

I understand that Sweetwater boys just wont do what some of the boys in other schools in the district do to prepare for the next season when it comes to working out . Some kids just work way harder than others. Its why Snyder tends to get more miles per athlete than most others do. ;)

I_DONT_CARE
08-05-2008, 04:55 PM
wouldn't you? i mean crap the UIL basically STOLE those two region III teams!
YOU MAKE NO SENSE! HOW DID THEY STEAL THEM? :doh:

RedWhiteBlue
08-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I understand that Sweetwater boys just wont do what some of the boys in other schools in the district do to prepare for the next season when it comes to working out . Some kids just work way harder than others. Its why Snyder tends to get more miles per athlete than most others do. ;)
In your honest opinion, does that mean it is time for him to move on? Has burn out for everyone set in? Just curious.....

Mustangpride09
08-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Lubbock Estacado and Brownfield....I mean honestly.....

Mustangpride09
08-06-2008, 07:19 AM

Our starting Fullback and Middle Linebacker Rufus McCann weighs around 220 and benches 390 and benched 225 28 times at the UNT camp. So saying that we don't work hard is a bit off the track.

Mustangpride09
08-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Oh yeah, and he scored 4 touchdowns against Snyder his 8th grade year leading our team to a 40+ point victory. Its gonna be fun to see how this year plays out.

lion75
08-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Graham is farther east than Vernon so I assume they don't think Vernon can hang with that crowd.

lion75
08-06-2008, 12:24 PM
And also Burkburnett

Sweetwater Red
08-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Graham is farther east than Vernon so I assume they don't think Vernon can hang with that crowd.

I think Vernon is ranked in the top ten of the SE Oklahoma poll.:thinking:

DaHop72
08-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Oh yeah, and he scored 4 touchdowns against Snyder his 8th grade year leading our team to a 40+ point victory. :clap: :clap: :clap: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DaHop72
08-06-2008, 01:17 PM

Black_Magic
08-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Oh yeah, and he scored 4 touchdowns against Snyder his 8th grade year leading our team to a 40+ point victory. Its gonna be fun to see how this year plays out. 8th grade year....:thinking: 4 years ago the snyder 8th grade was beaten by Andrews by over 45 points... Last year that same class beat that same Andrews team by 35 or so... The Snyder group that went to the State semifinals 4 years ago won only ONE game in all thier Jr high years ( 7th and 8th) and scored ONE TD in Jr high.. I think Jr high success or failure is the hardly any real indicator of the success a group will have as a Sr. Im just saying what I said because one of the Sweetwater insiders who have seen both programs in off season said so.

Daddy D 11
08-06-2008, 02:07 PM
8th grade year....:thinking: 4 years ago the snyder 8th grade was beaten by Andrews by over 45 points... Last year that same class beat that same Andrews team by 35 or so... The Snyder group that went to the State semifinals 4 years ago won only ONE game in all thier Jr high years ( 7th and 8th) and scored ONE TD in Jr high.. I think Jr high success or failure is the hardly any real indicator of the success a group will have as a Sr. Im just saying what I said because one of the Sweetwater insiders who have seen both programs in off season said so.

Last years Seniors at Liberty Hill only lost 3 games in Junior High. So i would say that it is a real indicator, Snyder was just an exception.

DaHop72
08-06-2008, 02:08 PM
8th grade year....:thinking: 4 years ago the snyder 8th grade was beaten by Andrews by over 45 points... Last year that same class beat that same Andrews team by 35 or so... The Snyder group that went to the State semifinals 4 years ago won only ONE game in all thier Jr high years ( 7th and 8th) and scored ONE TD in Jr high.. I think Jr high success or failure is the hardly any real indicator of the success a group will have as a Sr. Im just saying what I said because one of the Sweetwater insiders who have seen both programs in off season said so. Shhhhhhh, you're not suppose to bring up the past.;) ;)

Sweetwater Red
08-06-2008, 02:10 PM
8th grade year....:thinking: 4 years ago the snyder 8th grade was beaten by Andrews by over 45 points... Last year that same class beat that same Andrews team by 35 or so... The Snyder group that went to the State semifinals 4 years ago won only ONE game in all thier Jr high years ( 7th and 8th) and scored ONE TD in Jr high.. I think Jr high success or failure is the hardly any real indicator of the success a group will have as a Sr. Im just saying what I said because one of the Sweetwater insiders who have seen both programs in off season said so.

This insider is just telling you what you want to hear. :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
08-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Last years Seniors at Liberty Hill only lost 3 games in Junior High. So i would say that it is a real indicator, Snyder was just an exception.
This year's Seniors lost zero in JH. :D

Daddy D 11
08-06-2008, 02:12 PM

:blahblah: :lies: :D

Mustangpride09
08-06-2008, 03:08 PM

But did yall have Will Clay in 8th grade? Im pretty sure he was still in Florida at the time.

Mustangpride09
08-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Not to mention that 04 semifinals team also had someone named Dee Walker, pretty sure he wasnt around in 8th grade either. Not in this state anyway.

Lion_Addict
08-06-2008, 04:16 PM

Ahhhhhh.....:thinking: . Puddin Pops, heh heh :p :devil:

STANG RED
08-06-2008, 06:25 PM

LOL, well I knew you would come up with something silly and completely wrong as usual. Good to see you back Blackie.;)

By the way, I guess you already know we have a new OC, and supposedly he has a stud QB and DB son. So I am at least hopeful of seeing a little better offensive scheme, but with Jackson still in charge I have my doubts. Yall can probobly just pile about 9 men on the line of scrimmage and be all right. Although I'm not sure yall have ever stopped Sweetwater for less than 400 yards of offense in the past, and you knew pretty well what was coming on every play. Maybe your kids just werent working hard enough at the time. But its true you got lots of miles out of them,,,,,,,,,,, while chasing our guys around.:p

JR2004
08-06-2008, 06:36 PM

It really isn't much of an indicator. Gatesville had a group come through several years ago that won just a couple of games in junior high. By their junior and senior seasons they were part of two district champions and a few were a part of the 2000 title team as sophomores.

JR2004
08-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Connally also had an amazing 8th grade team several years back that was beating everyone by 30 plus. That group didn't do a whole heckuva lot at the varsity level.

navscanmaster
08-06-2008, 07:49 PM
My NHS class had undefeated A and B teams, and the class of 02 behind us was pretty solid. Same group went 1-9 and 0-10.:(

Daddy D 11
08-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Well.. i guess LH was the exception then.
After all, how many classes can say they lost 6 games in 6 years:D

Not too many:evillol:

navscanmaster
08-06-2008, 09:04 PM

We went through a bad rash of coaching changes during my time in high school. We were still running the Veer Option, which Navasota has run since anyone can remember. Mike Spradlin was the coach for one year after our good 1996 season, and he bolted quick. Then we had Robert Perkins three years, and that guy was a dunce jock if I have ever seen one. Dan Burk, now at The Colony, laid the spread foundation for Coach Fedora.

Daddy D 11
08-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
We went through a bad rash of coaching changes during my time in high school. We were still running the Veer Option, which Navasota has run since anyone can remember. Mike Spradlin was the coach for one year after our good 1996 season, and he bolted quick. Then we had Robert Perkins three years, and that guy was a dunce jock if I have ever seen one. Dan Burk, now at The Colony, laid the spread foundation for Coach Fedora.

Interesting, i'm a big fan of the old school running schemes.

Rabid Cougar
08-06-2008, 09:56 PM

Here is one ....

This years China Spring Seniors didn't loose a game in JH, lost one as Freshmen against Teague JV, 2 as Sophomores and 2 as Jrs. I think that equals 5 losses in 5 years.

Two Seniors, 55 and 19, have only lost two games, thier entire careers when on the field together .

Daddy D 11
08-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Here is one ....

This years China Spring Seniors didn't loose a game in JH, lost one as Freshmen against Teague JV, 2 as Sophomores and 2 as Jrs. I think that equals 5 losses in 5 years.

Two Seniors, 55 and 19, have only lost two games, thier entire careers when on the field together .

That's impressive indeed.
But do they have 2 State Titles?:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
08-06-2008, 10:02 PM
That's impressive indeed.
But do they have 2 State Titles?:thinking: (3 in 5 for us.....and the rings ;) )

Daddy D 11
08-06-2008, 10:04 PM
(3 in 5 for us.....and the rings ;) )

Only 3 loses in 5 years for the 2009 class? Wow, thats right. That's impressive:clap:

Oh, and 2 big fat shinny rings to go along with:D

lion75
08-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I heard that the 1990 Crockett seniors had been undefeated in the 7th, 8th, 9th, and JV. Their junior year they were 13-0 before losing in the regional final. Their senior year they were 15-0 coming into the state championship. Only one loss in six years coming into the state final.

Phantom Stang
08-07-2008, 11:48 AM
:hijacktd:
Some teams that lose at the middle school level go on to win in high school and some don't.
Some teams that win at the middle school level go on to lose at the high school level and some don't.

End of story. :p

Now, back to the topic. Sweetwater has a good chance of beating at least three of the teams ranked above them in district play....But first they need to realize they have one of the best teachers of football in the state as their head coach, and then they need to decide to FULLY buy in to his program.

Black_Magic
08-07-2008, 02:07 PM
But did yall have Will Clay in 8th grade? Im pretty sure he was still in Florida at the time. Yep he was always in snyder. He was on the 7th and 8th B team. Last year as a Sr. rushed for over 3100 yards.;)

Black_Magic
08-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
:hijacktd:
Some teams that lose at the middle school level go on to win in high school and some don't.
Some teams that win at the middle school level go on to lose at the high school level and some don't.

End of story. :p

Now, back to the topic. Sweetwater has a good chance of beating at least three of the teams ranked above them in district play....But first they need to realize they have one of the best teachers of football in the state as their head coach, and then they need to decide to FULLY buy in to his program. your right on all points. But the bleacher creatures think they know it all.

Sweetwater Red
08-07-2008, 02:51 PM
But the bleacher creatures think they know it all.

Like this insider you speak of?:thinking: :doh: