PDA

View Full Version : Wylie Gets A New "Move-In" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

nobogey72
08-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Do you remember in the summer of '07 when Lubbock had a team make it to the Little League World Series? And, they had that left handed stud pitcher named Garret Williams that just dominated everyone but was unable to pitch in the finals? And was named the LL WS MVP? Well, danged if his family up and moved to Abilene, and danged if they didn't move into the Wylie district. He will be an 8th grader in the fall. Some of the kids that met him at the Wylie football camp said he was real nice and never mentioned anything about who he was. They didn't find out till after the camp was over that he was that kid. He did tell them that baseball was his LEAST favorite sport. :2thumbsup

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 10:04 AM
+1 just went up a notch. :D

Baseball is his least favorite, but what is he best at? ;)

Sweetwater Red
08-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Do you remember in the summer of '07 when Lubbock had a team make it to the Little League World Series? And, they had that left handed stud pitcher named Garret Williams that just dominated everyone but was unable to pitch in the finals? And was named the LL WS MVP? Well, danged if his family up and moved to Abilene, and danged if they didn't move into the Wylie district. He will be an 8th grader in the fall. Some of the kids that met him at the Wylie football camp said he was real nice and never mentioned anything about who he was. They didn't find out till after the camp was over that he was that kid. He did tell them that baseball was his LEAST favorite sport. :2thumbsup

Be sure to notify the UIL so they can adjust the next 3A
cutoff accordingly.:devil:

duckpluck
08-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Getting excited about a 8th grade move in is a little premature.

RedWhiteBlue
08-04-2008, 10:37 AM
You failed to mention that he didn't get to pitch in the finals because they found out that he was 15 years old!!!!:eek:

injuredinmelee
08-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by duckpluck
Getting excited about a 8th grade move in is a little premature.

Not when he was LLWS MVP... lol

crzyjournalist03
08-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

rumor has it that it's water polo...

STANG RED
08-04-2008, 11:29 AM
So does he get a vet, a jag, or a benz?

Or is his dad the new $200K salaried janator at the high school?

:p :taunt: :D

duckpluck
08-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Still, way to early to get excited. He may move again in two years.

nobogey72
08-04-2008, 11:53 AM

Supposedly, his favorite is basketball, and next is football. As for what he is best at, I have no idea.

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
rumor has it that it's water polo... I heard it was a water sport but not polo. I think perhaps it was underwater basket weaving :p

nobogey72
08-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by duckpluck
Still, way to early to get excited. He may move again in two years.

Hey we can get excited if we want to. Why don't you go pluck a duck or something.:D :D And, then maybe do something to a guinee.:D :D

Sweetwater Red
08-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Hey we can get excited if we want to. Why don't you go pluck a duck or something.:D :D And, then maybe do something to a guinee.:D :D

I was sitting here trying to remember the last part.

....."as good as any".:evillol: :D :evillol:

nobogey72
08-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I was sitting trying to remember the last part.

....."as good as any".:evillol: :D :evillol:

I thought I was probably the only person that remembered that old poem. Wasn't that Edgar Allan Poe that wrote it?:D

garciap77
08-04-2008, 12:16 PM

No so fast LH Panther Mom! We had to move 3 to AISD to accommodate this young man. We usa a great formula (+1 -3 = 3A)! Works great!;)

I think Brownwood started using it, since they could not compete in 4A.:D

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 12:24 PM
why would you move to Wylie?:confused:

:D

Sweetwater Red
08-04-2008, 12:25 PM
I thought I was probably the only person that remembered that old poem. Wasn't that Edgar Allan Poe that wrote it?:D

I'm not sure. Was Edgar Allan Poe an Eskimo? :thinking: :D

garciap77
08-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

I don't know! Ask Daddy D11. Oh, sorry you are Daddy D 11.:D ;)

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I don't know! Ask Daddy D11. Oh, sorry you are Daddy D 11.:D ;)

hahahaha

I'm not going to be able to make meet the bulldog night, but does Wylie play a home game before the LH game?

I_DONT_CARE
08-04-2008, 12:28 PM
No so fast LH Panther Mom! We had to move 3 to AISD to accommodate this young man. We usa a great formula (+1 -3 = 3A)! Works great!;)

I think Brownwood started using it, since they could not compete in 4A.:D OH SNAP! :spitlol: :spitlol:

nobogey72
08-04-2008, 12:32 PM

I think their original plan was to move to Brownwood. They changed their mind when they found out that Brownwood didn't have a dentist.:taunt: :stirpot:

garciap77
08-04-2008, 12:33 PM
hahahaha

I'm not going to be able to make meet the bulldog night, but does Wylie play a home game before the LH game?

No, Vernon away! But, there will be games in Abilene Thursday, Friday and Sat! I'm not going to be able to make the Vernon game, wife can not get off work on time, so I'm goning to watch some football here in Abilene (Abilene High and Cooper).;)

garciap77
08-04-2008, 12:35 PM
I think their original plan was to move to Brownwood. They changed their mind when they found out that Brownwood didn't have a dentist.:taunt: :stirpot: Or a good football team!:D ;)

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 12:36 PM
hahahaha

I'm starting to wonder about you! Are you going to even sit on the visitor's side when we play there? :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 12:36 PM
I think their original plan was to move to Brownwood. They changed their mind when they found out that Brownwood didn't have a dentist.:taunt: :stirpot:

Oh, well that make sense now:2thumbsup

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm starting to wonder about you! Are you going to even sit on the visitor's side when we play there? :eek: :eek: :eek: :(
Dont kid yourself LHPM:) I'm going to be the loudest Panther Fan!!!

....on the Wylie side:devil: :devil: ;)

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Dont kid yourself LHPM:) I'm going to be the loudest Panther Fan!!!

....on the Wylie side:devil: :devil: ;)
I guess we better hook you up with a cowbell to use as a weapon........I mean to show your Panther spirit! :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 12:42 PM
I guess we better hook you up with a cowbell to use as a weapon........I mean to show your Panther spirit! :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

good idea! Plus, you should like that i'm living here..ive already stolen their playbook and video taped their first practice this morning:D

garciap77
08-04-2008, 12:43 PM

LH Panther Mom! I forgot to tell you that I alway sit on the visitors side. I can take better pictures from that side and it should be easy to blend with purple! Cowbell?:thinking:

P.S. I stand for most of the game!;)

garciap77
08-04-2008, 12:45 PM
good idea! Plus, you should like that i'm living here..ive already stolen their playbook and video taped their first practice this morning:D :tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 12:46 PM
:tisk: :tisk: :tisk: :taunt:

LionKing
08-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Or a good football team!:D ;) How does Brownwood keep showing up in these threads when it's not even about Brownwood, Oh, actually there's too many dentists, and the football team is okay, of course you Wylie dudes already knew that, Ha!.

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
How does Brownwood keep showing up in these threads when it's not even about Brownwood, Oh, actually there's too many dentists, and the football team is okay, of course you Wylie dudes already knew that, Ha!.

why do yall keep showing up in Wylie threads?:thinking:

:p

garciap77
08-04-2008, 01:05 PM

:p

You will have the opportunity to meet some of these posters! It's going to be fun!:D

I got to go back to work!:(

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 01:26 PM
LH Panther Mom! I forgot to tell you that I alway sit on the visitors side. I can take better pictures from that side and it should be easy to blend with purple! Cowbell?:thinking:

P.S. I stand for most of the game!;) Well, if you stand anywhere close to me, just watch yourself! I will be wielding weapon, I mean cowbell. :devil:

LionKing
08-04-2008, 01:30 PM

:p Because Wylie keeps inviting.

Phil C
08-04-2008, 02:50 PM
I wonder who recruited him. ;)

At least that is what we in Sinton were asked when we were winning big in football. Strange it hasn't been brought up the past several years. :)

TinyTim
08-04-2008, 03:34 PM
The kid is an 8th. grader for gosh sakes. Alot can happen in a years time. I've seen dominating pitchers at 46'6" that can't do anything at 60'.

nobogey72
08-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by TinyTim
The kid is an 8th. grader for gosh sakes. Alot can happen in a years time. I've seen dominating pitchers at 46'6" that can't do anything at 60'.

I agree, but what would you rather have move in---- 1. a kid who had been the MVP of the LL WS, or, 2. a kid who was 3rd chair trumpet player in the 7th grade (which is what we usually have move in.)?:D

TinyTim
08-04-2008, 04:57 PM
I agree, but what would you rather have move in---- 1. a kid who had been the MVP of the LL WS, or, 2. a kid who was 3rd chair trumpet player in the 7th grade (which is what we usually have move in.)?:D

Neither will make an immediate impact on any of wylie teams this or next year. I take that back, the 7th. grader will be Varsity band in two years.

On a serious note.

I am more interested in the 2 time all state running back from Nebraska that moved into Graham this past summer. And his 6'9" brother that plays end in football and center in basketball. Not to mention the other 3 move ins that we know nothing about yet, but will soon.

RedWhiteBlue
08-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by TinyTim
Neither will make an immediate impact on any of wylie teams this or next year. I take that back, the 7th. grader will be Varsity band in two years.

On a serious note.

I am more interested in the 2 time all state running back from Nebraska that moved into Graham this past summer. And his 6'9" brother that plays end in football and center in basketball. Not to mention the other 3 move ins that we know nothing about yet, but will soon.
Shut up, Tiny! Hey, Bogey- did I tell you we hired some new coaches??:p :D :devil: :inlove:

TinyTim
08-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Shut up, Tiny! Hey, Bogey- did I tell you we hired some new coaches??:p :D :devil: :inlove:

Sorry RWB. I am standing too close to the fire.

nobogey72
08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue

No you didn't. But let me guess, once of the coaches is from Nebraska, and one of them is very tall. :rolleyes: :mad: :D

popcorn screen
08-05-2008, 10:25 PM
The question is ,can your team compete in the district you will be put in in two years. Good possibility you will be with Stephenville, Aledo, etc... That district will leave a mark on any team.

lion75
08-05-2008, 10:31 PM
I just got off the phone with his father and as of about 5 minutes ago he is now considering a move to Vernon

garciap77
08-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
The question is ,can your team compete in the district you will be put in in two years. Good possibility you will be with Stephenville, Aledo, etc... That district will leave a mark on any team.

+1 -3 = 3A:D

As long as AISD continues to not charge tuition for out of district students, Abilene Wylie will remain 3A forever! Last I heard we had over 300 students from WISD attending AISD.