PDA

View Full Version : Football Practice Reports Day 1

Dogman_1969
08-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Post your Day 1 practice highlights here.....

Examples:

3 dudes puked, 1 decided to be a trainer, Liberty Hill worked on lineman pass blocking, etc......

I'm at work and it is killing me not to be watching from the shade trees......

44INAROW
08-04-2008, 09:13 AM
only 3 puked? :p

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
only 3 puked? :p :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: I wanted to be there early this morning (partly to take a count :D ) but it seems our Head VB coach was up checking & replying to email EARLY, so I had booster club duty. I doubt anyone that lost it today will be much better off tomorrow; they'll also likely not be able to walk, so that might be better anyway. ;)

Sorry, Dogman...it's killing me, too. :(

injuredinmelee
08-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: I wanted to be there early this morning (partly to take a count :D ) but it seems our Head VB coach was up checking & replying to email EARLY, so I had booster club duty. I doubt anyone that lost it today will be much better off tomorrow; they'll also likely not be able to walk, so that might be better anyway. ;)

Sorry, Dogman...it's killing me, too. :(

LH should concentrate on volleyball since you will take a loss your second game.. lol

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
LH should concentrate on volleyball since you will take a loss your second game.. lol
Our boys don't fair too well against our volleyball girls. :eek: :eek: :D

wimbo_pro
08-04-2008, 09:36 AM
I hope all coaches are EXTRA CAREFUL with this heat wave. I can remember when I was playing in SA back in 1976 (yeah, I know...) that the coaches would withhold water from everyone...kind of made it a reward to quench your thirst. Looking back, I am surprised we didnt have serious heat stroke issues.

And dont get me going on the salt pills they made us take!

injuredinmelee
08-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Our boys don't fair too well against our volleyball girls. :eek: :eek: :D

yes they probably dont know what to do with a ball in the air... lol

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

And dont get me going on the salt pills they made us take! We always ended up with a bunch of them at the house. When I was in about 4th or 5th grade, I decided one day it would be a bright idea to see what it tasted like. :ack!:

wimbo_pro
08-04-2008, 09:48 AM
We always ended up with a bunch of them at the house. When I was in about 4th or 5th grade, I decided one day it would be a bright idea to see what it tasted like. :ack!:

Yeah...but that was in the early 50's....:D

Dogman_1969
08-04-2008, 10:01 AM

That was a bad move on your part my friend......

:dispntd: :dispntd:

wimbo_pro
08-04-2008, 10:16 AM
hehehehe:D

footballgal
08-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Coming to work this morning, I saw the La Feria Lions practicing (well mostly conditioning) I was REALLY surprised to see the number of players out there. La Feria is known for having a high number of participation, in ALL sports and football isn't any different. However, I did NOT see the numbers as in the past, unless some were in the weight room :confused:

duckpluck
08-04-2008, 11:41 AM
They get up way too early for me.

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969

Examples:

3 dudes puked, 1 decided to be a trainer, Liberty Hill worked on lineman pass blocking, etc......

I'm at work and it is killing me not to be watching from the shade trees...... at least you aren't out of town like last year ;)

BobcatBenny
08-04-2008, 12:01 PM
It is hot in Celina.

RedWhiteBlue
08-04-2008, 01:21 PM
I was perfectly fine sitting in the shade at noon watching them practice and then reality hit and I had to come back to work.:(

44INAROW
08-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
It is hot in Celina.

ditto for Cuero.. I do believe this is the hottest day of the summer so far.

LHS PRIDE
08-04-2008, 01:28 PM
La Grange is not starting until this afternoon
4:00 - 5:30
6:30 - ???

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by LHS PRIDE
6:30 - ??? that sucks! it's much hotter that time of day than in the morning

piratebg
08-04-2008, 01:31 PM
I was in Odem(2A) this morning and saw them on the field, and it got me thinking. When are teams allowed to go full pads?

LHS PRIDE
08-04-2008, 01:32 PM
not until Friday

Old Tiger
08-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I was in Odem(2A) this morning and saw them on the field, and it got me thinking. When are teams allowed to go full pads? Friday at midnight or saturday morning

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 01:36 PM
not until Friday
Oooh, I didn't think about being off then! Unless it's 1000 degrees, I know where I'll be.

footballgal
08-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Courtesy of tarponfever.com (NFCFAN)

PI's morning practice.

http://s331.photobucket.com/albums/l474/nfcfan/firstday%20of%20practice/?action=view&current=126dacd3.pbw

kaorder1999
08-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I believe the rule is they have to be in shorts and helmets for 4 days before they can suit up in full pads. So if a kid shows up to play football next week he still has to be in shorts and helmet for 4 days before he puts pads on

LHexPlayer
08-04-2008, 02:18 PM
I watched the boys practice this morning. Although I'm not going to reveal any secrets I witnessed. Damn that spread offense is gonna look good. oops!

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
I watched the boys practice this morning. Although I'm not going to reveal any secrets I witnessed. Damn that spread offense is gonna look good. oops!
:doh: :doh: I thought we were changing to the West Coast offense? :confused: Nevertheless, how did the beast look at WR? :D

LHexPlayer
08-04-2008, 02:31 PM
A little like TO and a little like Nate Newton. But he was very beastly. All the boys looked in shape and ready to go. Looked like we could play a game today.

bigwood33
08-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I believe the rule is they have to be in shorts and helmets for 4 days before they can suit up in full pads. So if a kid shows up to play football next week he still has to be in shorts and helmet for 4 days before he puts pads on

You are correct. The kids that practice today will be able to put on the pads Fri morning.

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 02:51 PM
A little like TO and a little like Nate Newton. But he was very beastly. All the boys looked in shape and ready to go. Looked like we could play a game today. Cool! I guess PBJ paid off. :D

STANG RED
08-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
It is hot in Celina.

Dang that sux. It's nice and cool all over the rest of Texas.:p

Actually the wind is blowing about 40mph up here north of Amarillo. Feels like standing in front of a blast furnace and sand blaster at the same time.:eek:
Dang I dont know why I agreed to do this project.:(

S_Tex_3A_Fan
08-04-2008, 03:06 PM
6:30 - ???

Sorry but this is just a bad decision.

I like how we did when i was still in the Business we did weights and conditioning while it was still dark in the AM then hit the field at daylight and worked special teams, the offense or defense took a break for an hour or so the did a little more special teams and offense or defense which ever we didn't do in the first practice. Home by noon when it started to get hot.

Good luck to all teams and may you enjoy an injury free winning season.

Silverback 04
08-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Dang that sux. It's nice and cool all over the rest of Texas.:p

Actually the wind is blowing about 40mph up here north of Amarillo. Feels like standing in front of a blast furnace and sand blaster at the same time.:eek:
Dang I dont know why I agreed to do this project.:(

Dude, the wind wouldn't blow so much up there if ya'll would turn off all those oversized fans!

Stangs325
08-04-2008, 03:09 PM

Examples:

for sweetwater. i saw no new move ins except the new OCs kid who was gettin reps with the 2nd squad at saftey and at qb. But i did see two pretty decent sized kids who werent suited up talkin to the coaches. they look to be runnin a few new run plays and they were throwing alot more to. i know its just practice but it could be a sign. probably not but maybe haha. All in all they looked good for the first day. No quits or puking or guys deciding to be trainers haha. All though most people dont, i have high expectations for this group this year

Stangs325
08-04-2008, 03:09 PM

Examples:

for sweetwater. i saw no new move ins except the new OCs kid who was gettin reps with the 2nd squad at saftey and at qb. But i did see two pretty decent sized kids who werent suited up talkin to the coaches. they look to be runnin a few new run plays and they were throwing alot more to. i know its just practice but it could be a sign. probably not but maybe haha. All in all they looked good for the first day. No quits or puking or guys deciding to be trainers haha. All though most people dont, i have high expectations for this group this year

STANG RED
08-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
Dude, the wind wouldn't blow so much up there if ya'll would turn off all those oversized fans!

Heck, they had to shut em down today because the wind is too strong.:eek:
But I guess thats why they put em here.

Just got the bid package today on the T. Boone Pickens windfarms thats about to happen up here. It'll be about 600 turbines, all around the Pampa area.
Pampa is about to have a huge economic boom!!! Too bad it's located in such a crappy area. But if they'll give me enough money, I'll figure a way to endure it for a while.:D

:1offtopc: :hijacktd: sorry :D

orange machine
08-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Dont no if its true or not, but i was reading on the Bwood site and they were trying to confirm that they only had about 29 or 30 boys out on the varsity. I hope thats not true for them.

Mcguirk
08-04-2008, 07:31 PM
I hope all coaches are EXTRA CAREFUL with this heat wave. I can remember when I was playing in SA back in 1976 (yeah, I know...) that the coaches would withhold water from everyone...kind of made it a reward to quench your thirst. Looking back, I am surprised we didnt have serious heat stroke issues.

And dont get me going on the salt pills they made us take!

When I played (76-78) we got one 5 second water break half way through practice. We were also told the more salt tablets you took the better prepared you would be for the heat. The recomended dosage was 5-10 before every practice. Maybe that's the reason for all the hypertension.

LHexPlayer
08-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Surely Brownwood has more than that on varsity. Where are all the reports tonight? I thought this site had fans on it.

Bull Butter
08-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by footballgal

PI's morning practice.

http://s331.photobucket.com/albums/l474/nfcfan/firstday%20of%20practice/?action=view&current=126dacd3.pbw

If you look, you can see some of the damage Hurricane Dolly did to PI's baseball field. The outfield fence is gone in several places:eek:

Antec
08-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Wharton had approximately 85 players

celinaorange
08-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Celina: 8:00 am and 2:pm approximately 130 going through drills, 3 or 4 on recumbent bikes, 1 in a walking cast (broken ankle at church camp), ??? in weight room, ??? no shows, approximately 100 coaches (17 paid plus 1 trainer and 2 assistant trainers, the other 83 coaches were in the stands or in their cars in street clothes, and 2 crews from tv stations).

CelinaCatFan
08-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Celinaorange, I drove by this afternoon and sure didn't see many open parking places!

LHexPlayer
08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
sounds like Celina has a circus going on.

orange machine
08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
celinaorange how did the boys look? I know its the 1st day, but i have to ask.

footballgal
08-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
If you look, you can see some of the damage Hurricane Dolly did to PI's baseball field. The outfield fence is gone in several places:eek:

I hadn't notice, I just thought they were entrances...

What was sad http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/images/smilies/cry.gifwas, how bad the Sign on the field got damaged. Not even 1/3 of the sign was left.

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l474/nfcfan/h-dolly-fbfield-piSmall.jpg

celinaorange
08-04-2008, 09:14 PM
2 early 2 tell.....most experienced players looked in decent shape and ready for pads...right now they all look alike 2 me (except for one of my grandsons) and McCartney and Waldrip and Lavey and so on. Several new looking linemen (new 2 me) but we have so many it is hard to tell in shorts and helmets. But we were very organized and attentive. We will be as good as last year, if not better. But other teams will be also. Good to see coach Crowe back on staff after a 2-3 year absence. (also 2-3 other new coaches that I have not met).

pirate4state
08-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by celinaorange
2 early 2 tell.....most experienced players looked in decent shape and ready for pads...right now they all look alike 2 me (except for one of my grandsons) and McCartney and Waldrip and Lavey and so on. Several new looking linemen (new 2 me) but we have so many it is hard to tell in shorts and helmets. But we were very organized and attentive. We will be as good as last year, if not better. But other teams will be also. Good to see coach Crowe back on staff after a 2-3 year absence. (also 2-3 other new coaches that I have not met).

what year is your grandson?

Looking4number8
08-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Dont no if its true or not, but i was reading on the Bwood site and they were trying to confirm that they only had about 29 or 30 boys out on the varsity. I hope thats not true for them.

Last year we had about 40 boys on the Varsity roster (prob about half a dozen that were on varsity just because they were seniors). That is what we were trying to say about competing in 4A. It is tough when lots of kids have to play both ways against teams where nobody plays both ways. My money says we will have about the same number this year. Still a small squad but big enough.

orange machine
08-04-2008, 09:33 PM
I had to post this i love when the media talks about us, im so freakin fired up.

Celina opens practice with latest edition of Bobcats.

At Celina, head coach Butch Ford talked openly to his players about reaching a fourth-consecutive state final after the Bobcats won a state record eighth state title in '07.
"I've never done that before on the first day," Ford said. "But it came to my mind. It's amazing we've been to three straight. Why not go for a fourth? Somebody's got to play in it."

LHexPlayer
08-04-2008, 09:35 PM
How many does Brownwood usually play both ways?

orange machine
08-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Last year we had about 40 boys on the Varsity roster (prob about half a dozen that were on varsity just because they were seniors). That is what we were trying to say about competing in 4A. It is tough when lots of kids have to play both ways against teams where nobody plays both ways. My money says we will have about the same number this year. Still a small squad but big enough.

40 boys on a 3a roster is pretty good, i think we suited up 42 last year. I would have though since yall are one of the biggest 3a school yall would have had closer to 50.

CueroDad08
08-04-2008, 09:51 PM
First day was as well as any can want. All the kids were really ready to get this year started. Most have worked really hard the whole summer, so the heat was not as bad as it has been in the past on day 1.
Again lots of speed with the line very much in mid season form already. Tyler's arm looks even stronger. Some really good WR's to pick from. There is 5 RB's that will split time with fresh legs. One is a Fresh.

Looking4number8
08-04-2008, 09:52 PM
How many does Brownwood usually play both ways?

Remember I have a daughter not a son so my answers are from my feeble memory. I would say last year 4 played full time both ways and the all of the defensive backs played on offense ( and visa versa) at one time or the other. Dont remember any of the lineman playing both ways.

LHexPlayer
08-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Cuero has speed? Since when?:D

orange machine
08-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Remember I have a daughter not a son so my answers are from my feeble memory. I would say last year 4 played full time both ways and the all of the defensive backs played on offense ( and visa versa) at one time or the other. Dont remember any of the lineman playing both ways.

We might have 3 or 4 go both ways this year aswell.

LHexPlayer
08-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Hopefully we will once again have none. I know Vance doesn't like to play any both ways.

orange machine
08-04-2008, 10:04 PM
We usually have 1 or 2 go both ways, but might have a few more this year. Our qb this year is a really good defensive player and without him on the defense we lose a great player. I know this our coach will put the best 11 out there if that means playing iron man football.

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Hopefully we will once again have none. I know Vance doesn't like to play any both ways.
I believe that's the plan again, unless it's crunch-time. :)

orange machine
08-04-2008, 10:06 PM
For this to be the 1st day of practice its kinda dead.

LHexPlayer
08-04-2008, 10:09 PM
I agree it is kinda slow.

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 10:13 PM
I believe that's the plan again, unless it's crunch-time. :)

Bates and Terry would be some MEAN run stoppers come crunch time:eek:

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Bates and Terry would be some MEAN run stoppers come crunch time:eek:
Most definitely! :D

I don't have a lot to report - had Talkin' Trash, then Project grad meeting, so the little bit I got to talk to the boys was hectic. Just a couple of cramps, but nothing that was a big deal. I missed the Football 101 meeting so I don't know how many we have out. I'll try to ask tomorrow or get a look early.

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Most definitely! :D

I don't have a lot to report - had Talkin' Trash, then Project grad meeting, so the little bit I got to talk to the boys was hectic. Just a couple of cramps, but nothing that was a big deal. I missed the Football 101 meeting so I don't know how many we have out. I'll try to ask tomorrow or get a look early.

Whats your take on the 3 running back spots?

LHexPlayer
08-04-2008, 10:34 PM
I may have this completely wrong but the three running backs looked to be Johnson running fullback, and Boyd running tailback, and Witbeck running wingback. Not positive but that is the way it looked.

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Whats your take on the 3 running back spots? I'm strictly guessing here because it's WAY early, but I'm thinking Witbeck, Boyd & Johnson, with Lawhorn in the mix. Don't quote me, because I haven't really got any confirmation or even a clue. ;)

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 10:36 PM
I may have this completely wrong but the three running backs looked to be Johnson running fullback, and Boyd running tailback, and Witbeck running wingback. Not positive but that is the way it looked.
LOL! That's what I thought it'd be. I guess we'll know more Saturday!

LHexPlayer
08-04-2008, 10:37 PM
All of the running backs looked strong. You could tell those boys hit the weights hard.

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 10:46 PM
All of the running backs looked strong. You could tell those boys hit the weights hard.
Most of Johnson's came from throwing bags of feed at work over the summer. He's definitely got some meat on him!

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Snyder has from 8:00am to around 12:00pm, then 4:00pm to around 8:00pm

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Johnson and Witbeck lift hard. Witbeck surprises me only because ive never seen him run the ball. Boyd and Lawhorn both run hard, they remind me of Ryan Simms in 04'. Also, Lattimore is used to grabbing some carries back there, and Dusty Turner knows the system. There's plenty of options, its not going to be hard to run behind a line like that. The defense is whats going to be interesting, who's going to fill Holbeins, Portiers, Rogers, Johns, Otts, Hansons and Simpsons positions?

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
That can't be right!

espn1
08-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Johnson and Witbeck lift hard. Witbeck surprises me only because ive never seen him run the ball. Boyd and Lawhorn both run hard, they remind me of Ryan Simms in 04'. Also, Lattimore is used to grabbing some carries back there, and Dusty Turner knows the system. There's plenty of options, its not going to be hard to run behind a line like that. The defense is whats going to be interesting, who's going to fill Holbeins, Portiers, Rogers, Johns, Otts, Hansons and Simpsons positions? Like I told ya! You peaked last year! This year might be interesting, and next year you fall way off!

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 11:07 PM
The defense is whats going to be interesting, who's going to fill Holbeins, Portiers, Rogers, Johns, Otts, Hansons and Simpsons positions?
More guessing, but I'm thinking for Poitier & Rogers it'll be Deary & Greer. Esch, I think will be at LB, but maybe one of the secondary spots. :thinking: Little looks pretty good, but he may be fighting for an OL spot; could be Johns replacement, though. Heck, don't ask me......I'm just yapping. :D Oh yeah....and there's always Gonzo, Jr. :thinking: Shoot, we've got all kinds of kids ready to bust out!

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by espn1
Like I told ya! You peaked last year! This year might be interesting, and next year you fall way off!

It's hard to argue with that statement, but if last year was our peak year. Then what does that make 2006?:thinking: We have more talent and experience on this years squad than we did in 2006.

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 11:11 PM
More guessing, but I'm thinking for Poitier & Rogers it'll be Deary & Greer. Esch, I think will be at LB, but maybe one of the secondary spots. :thinking: Little looks pretty good, but he may be fighting for an OL spot; could be Johns replacement, though. Heck, don't ask me......I'm just yapping. :D Oh yeah....and there's always Gonzo, Jr. :thinking: Shoot, we've got all kinds of kids ready to bust out!

Gonzo Jr scares me. I like Little in Johns place. I think Boyd should take over Otts position, and let Lawhorn have the ball on Offense. The defense needs to be priority, everything else will work itself out. And Esch is going to have a breakout year, he's going to aid Lattimore alot. Ty Cole was there today right?

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 11:13 PM
It's hard to argue with that statement, but if last year was our peak year. Then what does that make 2006?:thinking: We have more talent and experience on this years squad than we did in 2006.
Don't listen to him. ;) I watched a good 50 kids every Tuesday for about 6 weeks. We've got some butt-kickers waiting their turn. (Also, Fickel, the younger version, will be a good one.)

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Gonzo Jr scares me. I like Little in Johns place. I think Boyd should take over Otts position, and let Lawhorn have the ball on Offense. The defense needs to be priority, everything else will work itself out. And Esch is going to have a breakout year, he's going to aid Lattimore alot. Ty Cole was there today right?
I assume he was (Ty), because Brandon only mentioned one that wasn't, and he was out of state at a funeral. :(

And how did I forget him anyway? :doh: McCain....I think he'll be maybe at Ott's or Hanson's spot? Somewhere back there, anyway.

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Don't listen to him. ;) I watched a good 50 kids every Tuesday for about 6 weeks. We've got some butt-kickers waiting their turn. (Also, Fickel, the younger version, will be a good one.)

:doh: How could i forget about little Fickel? I just hope that they get their experience real quick, because Wylie and Brownwood are going to test every little ounce outta em. They are going to need the newbies to really grow up quick. I bet we will see Bates on the Defensive line some too. I've heard rumors but who knows, i think him on Defense could really, really help em out.

espn1
08-04-2008, 11:28 PM
It's hard to argue with that statement, but if last year was our peak year. Then what does that make 2006?:thinking: We have more talent and experience on this years squad than we did in 2006. Both teams were incredible! Last years team was the most disciplined High School Team I've ever seen. This year will be different. Coaching will be different wait and see. I just hope it's for the best. I'm not a fortune teller so time will tell. I thought it was interesting that over 400 Coaches went to Listen to Walker and Vance give a Seminar on the Split T. I forgot where it was.

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Both teams were incredible! Last years team was the most disciplined High School Team I've ever seen. This year will be different. Coaching will be different wait and see. I just hope it's for the best. I'm not a fortune teller so time will tell. I thought it was interesting that over 400 Coaches went to Listen to Walker and Vance give a Seminar on the Split T. I forgot where it was.

The 2006 squad returned about 4 on both sides. It was a "rebuilding" year. Last years team was just ridiculous. Yes the coaching will be different, but i think it will be for the better. The coaches calling the plays now are Offensive line coaches. In the past, the Offensive line coaches had clashed with Walker because Walker would not listen to what his Lineman were telling him. Now, the Lineman are going to have first say in what's going on down on the field. This could really change things.

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 11:37 PM
This year will be different. Coaching will be different wait and see. I just hope it's for the best. Sure it will be different! I just don't see that the difference will be what outsiders think it will be. JV, under Draper, lost one game in 4 years, if I'm not mistaken. Part of it's talent, but a big part is also coaching. He's been the strong-side OL coach and he does know football & can make adjustments quickly. I think he might surprise you, if you ever watched him on the sidelines. He's not Walker, but he'll do a great job along with the rest of the staff.

I thought it was interesting that over 400 Coaches went to Listen to Walker and Vance give a Seminar on the Split T. I forgot where it was.
THSCA convention - Walker was in the crowd.

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 11:38 PM
This could really change things.
More pancakes, for sure! :devil: ;)

espn1
08-04-2008, 11:41 PM
The 2006 squad returned about 4 on both sides. It was a "rebuilding" year. Last years team was just ridiculous. Yes the coaching will be different, but i think it will be for the better. The coaches calling the plays now are Offensive line coaches. In the past, the Offensive line coaches had clashed with Walker because Walker would not listen to what his Lineman were telling him. Now, the Lineman are going to have first say in what's going on down on the field. This could really change things. How?? Walker is almost flawless! I can't see it getting much better! I think Walker is a Bad a$$. I might be wrong but I think you will see just how important he was in real short order. Just a prediction.

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 11:45 PM
How?? Walker is almost flawless! I can't see it getting much better! I think Walker is a Bad a$$. I might be wrong but I think you will see just how important he was in real short order. Just a prediction.

I thought the same thing when he departed. But you havent been at ALL the LH games over the past 6-7 years, Walker is a genius and a great coach. But he wasn't flawless, no one is. Draper and Herman will listen to the line more, if there is a hole that is constantly there, we are going to expose more than we did in the past. Draper and Herman have been around long enough to know whats going on, they wont miss a beat. You forget, most coaches get 10 games a year. Draper has gotten almost 2 full extra seasons in the past 4 years.

espn1
08-04-2008, 11:52 PM
I thought the same thing when he departed. But you havent been at ALL the LH games over the past 6-7 years, Walker is a genius and a great coach. But he wasn't flawless, no one is. Draper and Herman will listen to the line more, if there is a hole that is constantly there, we are going to expose more than we did in the past. Draper and Herman have been around long enough to know whats going on, they wont miss a beat. You forget, most coaches get 10 games a year. Draper has gotten almost 2 full extra seasons in the past 4 years. Yea! I've been to quite a few but not like a homer! But I was really referring to the last 2-3 years! I saw some pretty bad play calling a few years back in Yoakum. Either way I'll be attending a few LH games this year. There's a good possibility that my boys might play for the Hill someday! I can't see me moving back to Burnet, even though I bleed Green.

Daddy D 11
08-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Yea! I've been to quite a few but not like a homer! But I was really referring to the last 2-3 years! I saw some pretty bad play calling a few years back in Yoakum.

Walker is going to be missed:( damn you for reminding me, haha but we will be okay. The kids know the system inside and out.

Who's going to be the Dawgs QB this year? Heard a rumor it might be Chandler West?

espn1
08-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Walker is going to be missed:( damn you for reminding me, haha but we will be okay. The kids know the system inside and out.

Who's going to be the Dawgs QB this year? Heard a rumor it might be Chandler West? Chandler West or Dillion Chaffin. I think West will take most of the snaps? I'm just guessing at this point! It will be a fun week 0. I get to watch games Friday and Saturday.

SNYDER325TIGERS
08-05-2008, 12:16 AM
That can't be right!

Oh trust me it is....

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2008, 05:57 AM
Oh trust me it is....
Sounds like there's a problem, then!

UIL rules on practices (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/pdf/pre_practice_regs.pdf)

garciap77
08-05-2008, 07:03 AM
We always ended up with a bunch of them at the house. When I was in about 4th or 5th grade, I decided one day it would be a bright idea to see what it tasted like. :ack!:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

garciap77
08-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by footballgal

PI's morning practice.

Nice! Thanks tarponfever!

garciap77
08-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by orange machine

Must be the closing of Starbucks?:D ;) If it closes they will drop to 2A!:D

garciap77
08-05-2008, 07:25 AM

SNYDER325TIGERS
All-American

Member #: 7494

You're still in Mexico?:eek: :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
08-05-2008, 11:55 AM

Examples:

a few puked, had about 100 kids out, expecting more today & possibly tomorrow which i thought was weird, but apparently some freshmen don't know the drill? LOL

BEAST
08-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Brownwood will suit up somewhere between 40-45 maybe 50 tops. On the first day of 2 a days, only returning Varsity and a select few are called "varsity". Then those who have earned it will be moved up. Coach Freeman has never seen a lot of since of having kids stand around on the sideline when they could be getting better on the JV squad. If I was geussing I would say between 40-45.

As far as kids going both ways, there will be a handful that play defense but play offense in certain situations or visa versa. The one that could see a lot of time is Safety Kenny Vaccaro. He is also one heck or a RB and reciever.

BEAST

garciap77
08-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
................................. The one that could see a lot of time is Safety Kenny Vaccaro. He is also one heck or a RB and reciever.

BEAST

You're right about that! Show him on flim, looked impressive.

Runnin Panther
08-05-2008, 03:34 PM

From what I heard the coaches don’t think anybody will be playing both ways. It’s going to be extremely hard for a sophomore to see much playing time. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 50 to 55 kids being carried on varsity. For now they have Noel at Johns spot. Heard they are looking at Little at swingman. Jimmy J. looks like a beast. TC was at practice.

Runnin Panther
08-05-2008, 03:36 PM
:doh: How could i forget about little Fickel? I just hope that they get their experience real quick, because Wylie and Brownwood are going to test every little ounce outta em. They are going to need the newbies to really grow up quick. I bet we will see Bates on the Defensive line some too. I've heard rumors but who knows, i think him on Defense could really, really help em out.

They are looking at Bates at DE.

footballgal
08-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Nice! Thanks tarponfever!

The actual site is maintained by one of our own 3Adownlow posters, NFCFAN. He has this site under links.

tarponfever.net (Tarponfever.net)

LHexPlayer
08-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
They are looking at Bates at DE.

I thought I saw Bates running first string tightend. He was catching lots of passes too. Jimmy looked to be about as big as Doug Allman was two years ago.

Runnin Panther
08-05-2008, 03:50 PM
I thought I saw Bates running first string tightend. He was catching lots of passes too. Jimmy looked to be about as big as Doug Allman was two years ago.

Your right about Bates. I just meant they are looking at him at DE, back up Deary. Jimmy looks really good, I think all the boys need to go work at the feed store next summer. Can't wait to see how we look with the pads on.

LHexPlayer
08-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh ok, I started to think that maybe that wasn't Bates I saw at tightend. He is one of the easy ones to pick out. It's hard to tell who is who though.

trojan37
08-05-2008, 04:07 PM
West started yesterday, and I didn't find out until a couple of days ago, but they no longer do two a days either. It's one practice from 3 to 7. They hit the weights first, I'm assuming for about an hour and then hit the field. Very stupid in my opinion, but my opinion doesn't matter so......I am guessing we will be suiting up between 25 to 30 for varsity.:(