PDA

View Full Version : Volleyball

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Wimberley sits atop TGCA pre-season poll
By Danny Davis | Friday, August 1, 2008, 12:00 AM

Wimberley is expected to win its seventh state championship in ten years according to a pre-season volleyball poll released by the Texas Girls Coaches Association. The poll has the Lady Texans, who will also be looking for their third straight championship, ranked first in Class 3A.

Wimberley isn’t the only area team expected to do well this season. Westlake (#2 in Class 5A), New Braunfels Canyon (#3 in Class 4A) and Round Rock (#9 in Class 5) all made appearances in the poll.

link (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/varsitynews/entries/2008/08/01/wimberley_atop.html)

So we go from being in district with Wimberley, to Hutto (who is VERY good) and back to Wimberley. Blah :D :doh:

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 08:24 AM
And the poll (or rankings)

Conference 3A

1. Wimberley
2. Bellville
3. China Spring
4. Yoakum
5. Monahans
6. Bridge City
7. Lucas Lovejoy
8. Gatesville
9. Borger
10. Columus

Comments: The Lady Texas moved to Region I, making that already strong region even tougher while opening another opportunity in Region IV. Lee Grisham has claimed titles using both daughters Dani and Jesi as setters then rolled out a new attack last year and won again. Bellville has their own tradition and should be good while the group that includes Columbus, China Spring and Gatesville is very talented. Yoakum is solid while Lovejoy is on their way up and Bridge City, Palacios and Borger have the ability to be very, very good.

TGCA link (http://www.austintgca.com/vball/poll.cfm)

wimbo_pro
08-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Thats the best post you have made in years!!!! hehehehe

Yes, we are hopeful for a three-peat. My niece Megan is a senior and will be a critical part of the team (well, she was last year too!!). We are extremely proud of her and all the girls. This is our 2nd to last niece/nephew to wind their way through the sports program here in Wimberley (there have been 7 total)..we have one more in the 9th grade this year...and she just might be the best athelete of them all!!!

LHPM, do you make any of the games, at least those that dont conflict with the boys schedule?

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 09:20 AM
I usually make 2 or 3 games, more if I can. And :doh: :doh: I thought she (Megan) had graduated this past year. (If that's the same one that played basketball last seaon...and yes, I was at that game.)

wimbo_pro
08-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Nope...Megan is a senior. She's a beautiful girl, isnt she!! That is Mikey's younger sister.

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 09:29 AM
She looked like she might be, but when they're all sweaty, red-faced & such it's hard to tell. I'm guessing she takes after her mom? :D ;) (Unless, of course, tropic mama is her mom. :eek: :eek: :eek: )

J/K (She is...)

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Thats the best post you have made in years!!!! hehehehe
Hey, I had a volleyball post or two last year, and I'm certain Wimberley was mentioned in one. :p

cshscougar08
08-04-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm very surprised to see us ranked so high, especially after losing all everything Karlyn Meyers. We have a new coach as well. The main group of players is returning, but Karlyn will be IMPOSSIBLE to replace. Hopefully we can by committee.