PDA

View Full Version : Tubing on a low river is hazardous to your health

Ranger Mom
08-03-2008, 10:46 PM
I don't think I have ever been as beat and banged up as I am right now. I won't do it again unless the river is flowing at AT LEAST 500 CFS.

I spent around $100 on the tubes and lifejackets for my dogs, and they spent almost the entire time either sitting on me in my tube (while I drug their tubes around) or walking!! They got lots of attention though.......I don't guess many people have seen doggy life jackets before. Thank goodness I had them though, they would have probably drowned without them the last 1/4 mile....we were all beyond exhausted!

It was fun but I am glad to be home!!

Thanks to everyone for all the information you gave me ahead of time, it came in handy!!

pirate4state
08-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Glad you are home safe. Have fun at jury duty tomorrow! :D

Ranger Mom
08-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Glad you are home safe. Have fun at jury duty tomorrow! :D

When we got home, I called the number on the jury summons that I was supposed to call after 5 on Friday.....we didn't have to report today! We have to call back again after 5 today to see if we have to tomorrow!!

duckpluck
08-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Yeah I have tubed the Guadalupe, and Frio for years. None of them are fun when water is down. The Comal in New Braunfels, (Not Guadalupe) is usually fine in low water conditions because it is all springfed and not dependent on up river rains and flow. The entire Comal River begins and ends in corporate city limits. Its not a rapids river, but a great floating river.