PDA

View Full Version : Royse City got hosed.............

lostaussie
08-03-2008, 12:45 PM
if D Roosevelt forfeits 3 distict games..................then I assume the UIL will make them forfeit 2 playoff victories:thinking:...............that means Royce City ended the season at 12-0? They will probably become the only UIL unbeaten team never to win a state championship!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
if D Roosevelt forfeits 3 distict games..................then I assume the UIL will make them forfeit 2 playoff victories:thinking:...............that means Royce City ended the season at 12-0? They will probably become the only UIL unbeaten team never to win a state championship!!!!!!

Marshall finished 13-0 in 1988 when Carter had to forfiet play-off wins

westcoast54
08-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Dallas Carter was soooo stupid in 88. The guy that was in question was a great player but, they were loaded. They would have still won it all in 88 if they would have just sat him out. Dumb, dumb, dumb...They had nearly 20 seniors sign scholorships that year. I mean they had kids that were not even starters signing. That's how good they were.

Old Tiger
08-03-2008, 01:46 PM
well do you REALLY think they would have beat gilmer, abilene wylie, or LH?

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
well do you REALLY think they would have beat gilmer, abilene wylie, or LH?
IMO, it doesn't matter if they WOULD have, but rather that the chance would have been there for them.

Emerson1
08-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
IMO, it doesn't matter if they WOULD have, but rather that the chance would have been there for them.
Well they should of beat Roosevelt and it wouldn't of mattered

Old Tiger
08-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Well they should of beat Roosevelt and it wouldn't of mattered :thumbsup:

c-town_balla
08-03-2008, 02:17 PM
yeah Marshall was good that year...didn't they beat Permian in the regular season?

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Well they should of beat Roosevelt and it wouldn't of mattered
Well, if 'Velt had followed the state-mandated "no pass no play" rules, then they might not've been there to begin with. ;)

injuredinmelee
08-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Dallas Carter was soooo stupid in 88. The guy that was in question was a great player but, they were loaded. They would have still won it all in 88 if they would have just sat him out. Dumb, dumb, dumb...They had nearly 20 seniors sign scholorships that year. I mean they had kids that were not even starters signing. That's how good they were.
didnt a bunch of them have a little burglary ring going in the offseason also?

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Not so sure about that. The player in question return an INT for a TD against Marshall, and that ended up being the winning score.

Not true

Jessie Armstead scored on a TD pass with under a minute left, that is what beat Marshall 22-18

First time all year the future LB in the NFL lined up on offense

westcoast54
08-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
didnt a bunch of them have a little burglary ring going in the offseason also?

Not burglary...ARMED ROBBERY!!!! They were robbing Blockbuster Video Stores at gunpoint. Why you ask? Cause they were bored. Don't pay attention to the Friday Night Lights movie. Carter had a few thugs but, most were middle to upper middle class kids. They were nothing like the movie portrayed them. Alot of the news stories said that they were rich kids who got bored.

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Not burglary...ARMED ROBBERY!!!! They were robbing Blockbuster Video Stores at gunpoint. Why you ask? Cause they were bored. Don't pay attention to the Friday Night Lights movie. Carter had a few thugs but, most were middle to upper middle class kids. They were nothing like the movie portrayed them. Alot of the news stories said that they were rich kids who got bored.

One of the biggest misconceptions about that 88 team is they were project kids...Carter at the time was one of the largest middle class to upper middle class minority areas in the nation.

Like you said, they were bored, they did not need the money, just enjoyed the thrill

the 88 game between Marshall vs Carter is still the best game I ever saw

NastySlot
08-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Not so sure about that. The player in question return an INT for a TD against Marshall, and that ended up being the winning score.

if my memory serves me right........jessie armstead scored the winning points.......the only time he lined up at tight end all season......also plano lost to lakeview two weeks earlier...marshall beat lakeview..............carter was loaded.

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
if my memory serves me right........jessie armstead scored the winning points.......the only time he lined up at tight end all season......also plano lost to lakeview two weeks earlier...marshall beat lakeview..............carter was loaded.

yes they were..but Marshall was as well...Freddie James still says Marshall was the best team they faced the whole year

NastySlot
08-03-2008, 08:49 PM
i also remember this about the carter situation.....the same kids involved with the grade change were also involved with the robberys........they even were using derrick evans mothers bmw in many of the robberys.....dry cleaners and video stores........evans was the moron that signed his letter of intent with the university of tennessee in a hot tub..............will always remember the judge telling the williams kid you didn't get mixed up with the bad crowd...you were the bad crowd....................the kid i was really impressed with on that squad after armstead was a kid named lashai maston...i think he went on to play at baylor...

NastySlot
08-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yes they were..but Marshall was as well...Freddie James still says Marshall was the best team they faced the whole year

even better then the duncanville team that carter tied in the regular season?........marshall was good...saw them play: permian, carter, and lakeview........the were good also...didn't mean to slight them.

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2008, 08:54 PM
even better then the duncanville team that carter tied in the regular season?........marshall was good...saw them play: permian, carter, and lakeview........the were good also...didn't mean to slight them.

I think the only team that year that could beat Marshall was Carter, and even then it took a LB playing TE and Marshall's best LB not being in the game because he was hurt the week before agianst Lakeview.

That Marshall team was loaded and beat some great teams that 88 season.

westcoast54
08-03-2008, 09:03 PM
i also remember this about the carter situation.....the same kids involved with the grade change were also involved with the robberys........they even were using derrick evans mothers bmw in many of the robberys.....dry cleaners and video stores........evans was the moron that signed his letter of intent with the university of tennessee in a hot tub..............will always remember the judge telling the williams kid you didn't get mixed up with the bad crowd...you were the bad crowd....................the kid i was really impressed with on that squad after armstead was a kid named lashai maston...i think he went on to play at baylor...

Their QB was a good kid too. He didn't get any big time offers so he walked on at Tech and ended up starting for three years I believe. I remember watching Evans sign his Letter-of-Intent in the hot tub. Also remember watching Armstead walk into a press conference on signing day wearing an A&M jacket then taking it off to let the nation see him in his Miami jersey.

NastySlot
08-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think the only team that year that could beat Marshall was Carter, and even then it took a LB playing TE and Marshall's best LB not being in the game because he was hurt the week before agianst Lakeview.

That Marshall team was loaded and beat some great teams that 88 season.

a permian/marshall rematch would have been good.