PDA

View Full Version : Jasper QB & ESPN Outside the Lines

Reveille
09-26-2002, 11:49 AM
The local paper yesterday said that Ricky Mitchell is out for the Strake Jesuit game this weekend. Said he has a pinched nerve in his back. Jason McQueen, Jasper's RB will replace Mitchell this week. He is a better runner than Mitchell, but the passing game will fall off without Mitchell in there. Should make this weekends ballgame in Houston very interesting. Matthew328, you might want to reconsider your prediction in the games of the week.

Also, another interesting note for you guys. ESPN's Outside the lines was in Jasper on Monday doing a story on the dress code for the team. Seems the team has a policy that the kids cannot wear their hair in any of the following ways: no spike haircuts, no bleaching of hair, no afro's, cornrolls or braiding of hair. This has been a huge issue over the past three months. Some people are saying this is discrimination against the African-American culture in as far as the last three styles. The kicker to the whole thing is that this was a policy set up by Coach Brooks last year. There was no stink over this at that time. By the way, Coach Brooks is African-American.

Seems to me that Jasper needs to be worried about how they are going to win football games rather than how they are going to wear their hair.

duckbutter
09-26-2002, 12:44 PM
HMMMMMM!

The One
09-26-2002, 04:30 PM
How does losing the QB going to effect the game. I know there was talk that Jasper would have a tough time anyways, this cant help matters.

mojjo_1
09-26-2002, 04:55 PM
Jason played qb last year when ricky was out and made player of the week in houston area. I think he had almost 500 yards and 5 td's against Ozen. I think think they have enough depth to win. I wonder who will take up the slack at rb. Marlon, Jorden, or somebody else? I think Ricky would have played if this was a big game. I think this makes the game closer than I thought it would be. The defense will have to step it up. I also believe Jorden will play some qb in the game. We may see someone new run the ball this week. I guess will see how good the coaching staff is at making adjustments.

Bulldog92
09-26-2002, 08:15 PM
That's not good news at all. Mitchell is the straw that stirs the drink for the Dogs. McQueen is pretty tough and they seem to like Patten, so as long as the defense shows up, Jasper should win the game, but it'll be a nailbiter.

mojjo_1
09-26-2002, 08:32 PM
The Defense is better this year. It seems to me that defense hasn't played up to their potential. I think the coaching staff has been holding some things back on both offense and defense. They may have to turn them loose on defense.On offense they should be fine. Jason or Jorden can both play qb or rb and Marlon will most likely will start at rb.