PDA

View Full Version : Home From Nicaragua

cshscougar08
08-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Just got back from Nicaragua about an hour ago. It was truly an amazing trip. We truly do serve an amazing God and we were able to do so much this past week. We did lots of construction, baseball clinics, medical clinics, Vacation Bible Schools, and other ministries with local churches in Leon, the town where we were based for the week. It was definitely a life changing trip, not only for me, but for all the others who were on it as well. I speak for all of us in thanking you for your support through prayer.

Phil C
08-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Good job and welcome back. :clap:

LHexPlayer
08-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Nice job. That kind of work is what makes our country great. I know you went there for church, but it is a country like ours that allows you to do that. Thank you for going.

cshscougar08
08-02-2008, 07:58 PM
It was my pleasure.

garciap77
08-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Just got back from Nicaragua about an hour ago. It was truly an amazing trip. We truly do serve an amazing God and we were able to do so much this past week. We did lots of construction, baseball clinics, medical clinics, Vacation Bible Schools, and other ministries with local churches in Leon, the town where we were based for the week. It was definitely a life changing trip, not only for me, but for all the others who were on it as well. I speak for all of us in thanking you for your support through prayer.

Great job! Wished more kids would volunteer during the summer to do thing like you did! Again great job! And yes we have an amazing God!:clap: :clap: :clap:

shankbear
08-02-2008, 10:16 PM
My wife has done two mission trips to the eastern European country of Moldova. It is between Romania and The Ukraine. We sponsor a girl there. Average income is about $100.00 per month.

The US State Dept. had to put them on a watch list because the trafficking of girls into forced prostitution is horrible. We work througha group known as Childrens Emergency Relief International. They have a website. Go there...Google it. See about helping some kids.

etbu
08-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the great work and what a great witness.

zebrablue2
08-03-2008, 09:14 AM
It was my pleasure.

great to have you back from a job well done. you are a great american..

jimmyceatworld
08-03-2008, 04:06 PM
What organization was the trip part of?

cshscougar08
08-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
What organization was the trip part of?

It was just a mission trip through my church, Columbus Avenue Baptist Church, here in Waco. We worked with an organization in Leon called El Ayudante. We went down two years ago as well and worked with the same organization. They helped us schedule all of our work projects and transported us wherever we needed to go. They also provided translators.

jimmyceatworld
08-03-2008, 05:11 PM
It was just a mission trip through my church, Columbus Avenue Baptist Church, here in Waco. We worked with an organization in Leon called El Ayudante. We went down two years ago as well and worked with the same organization. They helped us schedule all of our work projects and transported us wherever we needed to go. They also provided translators.

Okay. I was curious because when you were describing what you did it sounded similar to International World Changers. I've been on 6 World Changers trips in the states and I'd like to take one to a foreign country one day.

cshscougar08
08-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah that would be great. It's an amazing experience. I think World Changers is mostly college students though right?

jimmyceatworld
08-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah that would be great. It's an amazing experience. I think World Changers is mostly college students though right?

International World Changers is 9th grade and up. WC in the U.S. is 6th grade and up.

gwfan
08-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Way to go, Our local church took a group of 14 to Leon as well, we did the same things only in early June. We may have been to some of the same places. We took 6 HS students some athletics on our team and a student trainer as well.

I agree, a great experience and we want to go back.

Keep trusting the Lord to Guide you in all you do.