PDA

View Full Version : John Mark Stallings has died

Bull Butter
08-02-2008, 03:07 PM
John Mark, or "Johnny" was the son of former A&M, Alabama and Arizona Cardinals head coach Gene Stallings. He passed away this morning at the age of 46.

Some of you may recall a memorable NFL United Way commercial from the late 80's in which Coach Stallings is helping a boy with Down's Syndrome to ride a horse. At the end of the spot, he announces that he has known the boy all his life, because "he is my son".

Johnny never missed a game or practice at Alabama during Gene's tenure in Tuscaloosa and one of the workout facilities the Tide uses is named in his honor.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/08/john_mark_stallings_the_son_of.html

Phil C
08-02-2008, 03:27 PM
RIP John Mark. :(

block&tackle
08-03-2008, 02:00 AM
Gene Stallings once said that the day that he found out that Johnny had Downs Syndrom, he thought that it was the worst day of his life. Later he considered that day one of the best days of his life.

Johnny was a great man who touched countless lives - God sent me to him at a time when I needed direction and I don't think that I was the same after. Doctors told his parents that he would not live through the first couple of years, then that he would not live to adulthood - that God granted the world 46 years with him is a testament to His goodness.

Please pray for his grieving father, mother, sisters, and all that were touched by him. Also that all of us can learn to see life's hurdles as blessings.

zebrablue2
08-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Prayers sent to the family..

GWOOD
08-03-2008, 11:06 AM
my wife taught with one of the stallings daughters in Lubbock about 20 years ago. We met Johnny one time. He was outgoing and full of life. I'm sure he had some down times like the rest of us do but he sure made an impression on us the day that we met him.