PDA

View Full Version : All Ye Brownwood Folk Gather Here

Necks_Fan
08-02-2008, 01:52 PM
I was checking out ya'lls schedule. Good Lord!

If ya'll make it through pre-district in one piece, ya'll are still going to have hell in District.

Talk about a killer schedule.

Burnet
La Vega
Stephenville
Liberty Hill
Manor------ I know nothing about them.

Then District

That's rough.

If Brownwood were to go undefeated in that schedule, I will bend over and kiss my own butt. If that's possible.

Good luck. Atleast your coach has some cajones.

DU_stud04
08-02-2008, 03:19 PM
6-4 :)

garciap77
08-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

If ya'll make it through pre-district in one piece, ya'll are still going to have hell in District.

Burnet
La Vega
Stephenville
Liberty Hill

Then District

That's rough.

If Brownwood were to go undefeated in that schedule, I will bend over and kiss my own butt. If that's possible.

6-4 is right! 4-1 in dist. The lost to :thinking: Wylie!:D

STANG RED
08-02-2008, 03:54 PM
I've said all along that B'wood has got the toughest schedule I have ever seen. But if they can get to the playoffs without being the walking wounded, they ought to be ready for a deep run.

Look at Wylies shedule. It aint much easier!

I love seeing good, tough schedules. But it's going to be tough to stay healthy when your in a war every week.

LHexPlayer
08-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Oh great now Brownwood invented the tough schedule too.;)

Trashman
08-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Our shedules are always tough. We have adopted the philosophy "If it doesn't kill us it will make us stronger". :D

popcorn screen
08-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Don't have a dog in this hunt, but Bwood will roll through that district.....yes, the will even beat Wylie. :eek:

STANG RED
08-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by popcorn screen
Don't have a dog in this hunt, but Bwood will roll through that district.....yes, the will even beat Wylie. :eek:

Nobody will just roll through that district. And only a fool that is ignorant of the strength of that district would think so.

popcorn screen
08-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Stang Red:

I know that it is a tough district. There are 2 elite teams (BW & Wylie) Chalk it up, they are in the playoffs. Snyder, Sweetwater, and Graham will battle for 3rd. Dont mean to slight the bucks. I am sure, even with your prideful love for SW, that you see it the same way.

STANG RED
08-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Stang Red:

I know that it is a tough district. There are 2 elite teams (BW & Wylie) Chalk it up, they are in the playoffs. Snyder, Sweetwater, and Graham will battle for 3rd. Dont mean to slight the bucks. I am sure, even with your prideful love for SW, that you see it the same way.

Frankley I dont yet know what to expect from the Mustangs this season, but we do have 30 someodd returners from last years extremely young team that got pretty dang good by seasons end. So I expect them to be pretty decent, with a chance of being very good. Still, with our coaching, I dont expect them to set the world on fire.
All I'm saying is, I expect this district to be a war every week, and no team will just "roll" through it. Not even the great Brownwood!!! Just one week of looking past someone will get them beat, and I think it will happen. It just remains to be seen, who will jump up and bite them.

BwdLion73
08-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Stang Red is right....just one week of looking past someone could get us beat.

He is also right when he said ... "The great Brownwood"

:D

popcorn screen
08-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Sounds good

bigwood33
08-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Graham beat Wylie last year. I doubt that anyone will run the table in district play. Look for a tiebreaker to be in play at the end of the regular season. When teams are this good, it is highly likely that that you have 2 or 3 teams at 3-2 in district play. I know one thing for sure, 2 pretty good teams will be staying home from this district and that is a darn shame.

The same thing is likely to happen in District 8. The difference being that most all would agree that LH would have to be the obvious favorite to win the district. After that, Wimberley, Burnet, Fredericksburg, and Llano all think they have a good chance to make the playoffs. It isn't much of a leap to see the top 3 as LH, Wimberley, and Llano....or Burnet....or Fredericksburg. I will also predict that a tiebreaker comes into play in District 8.

Looking4number8
08-02-2008, 08:00 PM
The district is very tough and I have hopes that Brownwood will roll right through it 5-0 but I would not be surprised to see a 2 way or even a 3 way tie for first. Gonna be fun to see how all that works out

bigwood33
08-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Agreed.

garciap77
08-02-2008, 08:30 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rocket
08-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

Burnet
La Vega
Stephenville
Liberty Hill

Then District

That's rough.

This is a typical schedule for Brownwood. What you people are forgetting is our district from last season. You think these 2-3A dankey's are going to even be close to the level we are used to playing? Last season we spanked Wylie (although the score was close, we pretty much whipped the snot out of them the whole game) and the butt whoopin' we put on Sweetwater should give you an idea of what to expect as far as Brownwood in 3A.

Against Wylie, we hung 461 yards of offense and our QB almost had 200 yards rushing. LOL We actually had more yards against Wylie than we did Sweetwater. Our defense ripped through Sweetwater. It was so gross. But with that said, we will have to keep our focus. If we lose, it will be early, but by district, look out...

etbu
08-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
This is a typical schedule for Brownwood. What you people are forgetting is our district from last season. You think these 2-3A dankey's are going to even be close to the level we are used to playing? Last season we spanked Wylie (although the score was close, we pretty much whipped the snot out of them the whole game) and the butt whoopin' we put on Sweetwater should give you an idea of what to expect as far as Brownwood in 3A.

Against Wylie, we hung 461 yards of offense and our QB almost had 200 yards rushing. LOL We actually had more yards against Wylie than we did Sweetwater. Our defense ripped through Sweetwater. It was so gross. But with that said, we will have to keep our focus. If we lose, it will be early, but by district, look out...

Dont get to cocky. :nerd:

STANG RED
08-03-2008, 12:37 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: What a tool!!!

Must have suffered too many wedgeis and kick me signs as a child.:p

Lion_Addict
08-03-2008, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by etbu
Dont get to cocky. :nerd:

That was too cocky? Hmmmmm :thinking: . It was all true ;)

Phantom Stang
08-03-2008, 06:53 PM

I ain't sure what a "dankey" is, but I know of ONE team in that district that has a history of beating Brownwood more often than not.... even back when y'all were good.:p

ShortDog68
08-03-2008, 07:58 PM
:p Good Luck. You are gonna need it!

BILLYFRED0000
08-03-2008, 09:07 PM
IMHO there are 3 elite teams in this bunch. Snyder has built up a program and has been playin well. If they can play better defense this year they will be tough. Last year they depended on ball control but you do not have a Will Clay every year. If their d steps up they will be tough. SW can be good but I think they are in a down cycle and won't come out this year. AW will be good. So will BW. Tough district. I still say overall the toughest district in the state this year.

Rocket
08-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I ain't sure what a "dankey" is, but I know of ONE team in that district that has a history of beating Brownwood more often than not.... even back when y'all were good.:p

That history did you alot of good last season.

bwdlionfan
08-03-2008, 10:22 PM

Just as much good as it will do them this season. Man, how'd they get screwed and have to come to BWood two years in a row?

Phantom Stang
08-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Bask in the memory while you can padner.

STANG RED
08-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Just as much good as it will do them this season. Man, how'd they get screwed and have to come to BWood two years in a row?

Yeah I think that sucks myself, but its not the first time its happened to us. The first year after realignment has put us going to Wylie two years in a row a couple times before, worse yet they always seemed to have an open week the week before playing us till this year. But I'm sure it's had some folks having to come to the bowl on back to back seasons a few times, and I'm sure they werent real happy about it either. Just the way the ball bounces sometimes I guess. It all comes back around the other way eventually.

burnetboy
08-04-2008, 02:57 AM
burnet is gonna kick some a$$ this year

Rocket
08-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by burnetboy
burnet is gonna kick some a$$ this year

Maybe after Week 0.

garciap77
08-04-2008, 07:53 AM

They did better than Brownwood! Brownwood Sucked last season!:D

They were one of those "not so good" 4A team's "You Say" that 3A teams like to play!:D :p :taunt:

Lion_Addict
08-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by garciap77

They were one of those "not so good" 4A team's "You Say" that 3A teams like to play!:D :p :taunt:

Funny how a poster from Wylie, whom has been OWNED by the WOOD, would want to get into this. So, we... I guess "sucked" against the mighty "Bullfrogs" last year huh, along with every other year we've played 'em? :thinking: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
08-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Funny how a poster from Wylie, whom has been OWNED by the WOOD, would want to get into this. So, we... I guess "sucked" against the mighty "Bullfrogs" last year huh, along with every other year we've played 'em? :thinking: :devil:

6-18 vs. Sweetwater.

Cameron Crazy
08-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Brownwood has their work cut out for them this season. Coming out of 4A i think they might have thought that they would have some smooth sailing but, that was WRONG!

Good luck Brownwood, see you in district.

Rocket
08-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Brownwood has their work cut out for them this season. Coming out of 4A i think they might have thought that they would have some smooth sailing but, that was WRONG!

Good luck Brownwood, see you in district.

I would think Graham has their work cut out for them. Probably be the whipping boy of 2-3A. Well it will be a battle between Breckenridge and Graham for last and next to last. Good luck to you, Graham, you are really going to need it.

Rocket
08-04-2008, 10:09 AM

Wow, that says alot for Wylie and Sweetwater.

Rocket
08-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
6-18 vs. Sweetwater.

Brownwood 55
Sweetwater 7

Sweetwater
Total Yards:173
First Downs: 6
Turnovers: 5

WOW. For a more in depth look at the stats from this game go to:
2007 Brownwood vs. Sweetwater Stats (http://www.brownwoodlions.com/statistics/stats/Sweetwater.pdf)

Sweetwater Red
08-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Brownwood 55
Sweetwater 7

Sweetwater

2007 Brownwood vs. Sweetwater Stats (http://www.brownwoodlions.com/statistics/stats/Sweetwater.pdf)

Both Sweetwater and Wylie have had epic battles with Decatur
and Canyon. Last year Sweetwater beat Decatur 44-28 and
Canyon 47-28. Neither game was close with both teams scoring
the last 14 points against backups in each game. I didn't take
anything away from both games. All I saw was the other team
repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and
penalties. If they were on our schedule this year I would expect
another dog fight.

Given ya'lls schedule you'd better hope ya'll can even field a team
come week 9.

RedWhiteBlue
08-04-2008, 10:59 AM
I would think Graham has their work cut out for them. Probably be the whipping boy of 2-3A. Well it will be a battle between Breckenridge and Graham for last and next to last. Good luck to you, Graham, you are really going to need it.
I would think on the first day of workouts EVERYONE has their work cut out for them.:thinking: Like I have always said- we love being disregarded and ignored. And you can keep your luck for yourself- you may need it for all those playoff games you guys are already planning for.:D

injuredinmelee
08-04-2008, 11:19 AM
that history was still going while you were putting a ball through the hoop.

STANG RED
08-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Brownwood 55
Sweetwater 7

Sweetwater

For a game against what amounted to playing against a bunch of soph & junior JV players, you sure are proud of this game Rocket. What ever floats your boat I guess.
But just remember, what goes around comes around.
And when the Wood gets beat by anybody this year (and it will happen), folks on here are going to be on you like stink on a turd from a red headed step child, and beating you like a rented mule.
I bet you wont even bother showing up on here after yall suffer that first loss. It's gonna be uuuuuuuuugly for you around here. :p

espn1
08-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
For a game against what amounted to playing against a bunch of soph & junior JV players, you sure are proud of this game Rocket. What ever floats your boat I guess.
And when the Wood gets beat by anybody this year (and it will happen), folks on here are going to be on you like stink on a turd from a red headed step child, and beating you like a rented mule.
I bet you wont even bother showing up on here after yall suffer that first loss. It's gonna be uuuuuuuuugly for you around here. :p Yeah! It will be in week zero! We'll see how much jock sniffin goes on then!

Lion_Addict
08-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by espn1
Yeah! It will be in week zero! We'll see how much jock sniffin goes on then!

Who is it we play week 0? :thinking: . Ohhhhh yeah.....Burnet :rolleyes: . Now, onto week 1........ :devil: :D

Lion_Addict
08-04-2008, 12:00 PM
I bet you wont even bother showing up on here after yall suffer that first loss. It's gonna be uuuuuuuuugly for you around here. :p

Hey Nostradamus.......we ain't going anywhere; that's a promise :p :D

Rocket
08-04-2008, 12:43 PM

Oh no..I might just start crying. boo hoo... ha ha
You think I give a crap? You might, but I sure dont. I will be here. And as far as all the other loudmouths, the same goes for them. That is what makes it fun. See the problem is that you think I am serious... I am laughing everytime I hit SUBMIT. It's all fun, well except when I am talking about Sweetwater. I really mean everything I say about them.

If Sweetwater is dumb enough to field a soph and jv team against Brownwood, that is their problem. Sorry, I don't really care about why the score was what it was, all I know is your sad excuse for a VARSITY football team got their jock handed to them. End of story.

I am thinking we probably won't field a JV team this season. Yeah, I think that is a safe bet.

garciap77
08-04-2008, 12:58 PM

You know if you could of beat us by more you would have. Both games could of gone both ways! And once be beat you in football, we'll own you like we do in all the other sports!:D :p

Sweetwater Red
08-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
that history was still going while you were putting a ball through the hoop.

:clap: :D :clap:

injuredinmelee
08-04-2008, 01:01 PM
wow im ranking rocket right up there with the clyde idiots. yap yap yap yap yap.

Lion_Addict
08-04-2008, 01:11 PM
You know if you could of beat us by more you would have. Both games could of gone both ways! And once be beat you in football, we'll own you like we do in all the other sports!:D :p

"Would of", "Could of", "Should of".....blah blah blah :rolleyes: . Fact is....yawl can't get it done. You've gotta face it......Yawl are OWNED by the WOOD. Won't be any different the next 2 years either. I mean, I will give it to ya....Wylie ain't no slouch. We've had to work hard to get the job done, but......the job's been gettin done for years now. But now, we finally get to get it done in District play and that's gonna make it even sweeter spanking them puppy dog hind parts :devil: :p

injuredinmelee
08-04-2008, 01:13 PM
"Would of", "Could of", "Should of".....blah blah blah :rolleyes: . Fact is....yawl can't get it done. You've gotta face it......Yawl are OWNED by the WOOD. Won't be any different the next 2 years either. I mean, I will give it to ya....Wylie ain't no slouch. We've had to work hard to get the job done, but......the job's been gettin done for years now. But now, we finally get to get it done in District play and that's gonna make it even sweeter spanking them puppy dog hind parts :devil: :p

\more yap yap yap yapping and then when they do finally lose to someone it will be the refs fault or something as asnine as their boasting.

Phantom Stang
08-04-2008, 01:24 PM

My, Stand Red! That right there is some purty write'n!:clap: :clap:

Lion_Addict
08-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
\more yap yap yap yapping and then when they do finally lose to someone it will be the refs fault or something as asnine as their boasting.

:kiss: HEH HEH! You smell that? Dude, I swear I can smell that FEAR smell all over your post. I can't blame ya. It started the day the Districts were announced, didn't it? :taunt: :stirpot:

injuredinmelee
08-04-2008, 02:32 PM
:kiss: HEH HEH! You smell that? Dude, I swear I can smell that FEAR smell all over your post. I can't blame ya. It started the day the Districts were announced, didn't it? :taunt: :stirpot:

theres no fear... thats the bs your smelling. Your def full of it.

garciap77
08-08-2008, 09:44 PM

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/lion1.gif

Lion_Addict
08-08-2008, 09:47 PM
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/lion1.gif

I'm playing Poker......ain't got time :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

garciap77
08-08-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm playing Poker......ain't got time :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

That's Illegal!;) Good luck! Don't take all of Rocket's money!:D

Rocket
08-09-2008, 12:08 PM

There are other sports?

slingshot
08-09-2008, 01:17 PM
There are other sports? Obviously, they way ya'll fail to show up for them you don't think so...:rolleyes:

sweetwater07
08-09-2008, 10:45 PM

the last two years brownwood has only beat wylie by a combined, what?, 14 pts...that is faaaaaarrrrrr from being "OWNED"

Lion_Addict
08-10-2008, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
the last two years brownwood has only beat wylie by a combined, what?, 14 pts...that is faaaaaarrrrrr from being "OWNED"

Has Wylie ever won a non-district game against Brownwood? Ummmm......NO. Has Wylie ever outscored Brownwood during a scrimmage? Ummmm.....NO. Will Wylie win a game against Brownwood in District 2-3A? Ummmmm.........NO. Don't matter what the combined point total has been in ALL of Wylie's losses to Brownwood is. Will say it again.....Wylie can't get "it" done against the WOOD; "it" being a "W" in the win column. Yes........."OWNED" :devil: :stirpot: :kiss:

Rocket
08-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07

Whatever makes you feel better. Go check out the stats on BrownwoodLions.com of our 2007 game. WYLIE GOT OWNED. They scored some trash points late in the game. I think we had our 8th grade B team in the game at that point.