PDA

View Full Version : 2A/3A ESPN TV game

oldcoachhelper
08-02-2008, 08:40 AM
talking to a national TV person, he told me about some ESPN broadcasts for the football season and he said there was a game between Class 2A and 3A schools in texas being looked at to broadcast.... but of course the yankee couldn't remember which schools...

anybody out in downlow land heard about discussions...

they didn't think it was liberty hill or celina game, but that's not positive...

LH Panther Mom.. you ought to come up with this...

I'll check back here but if you want to email this or any other subject, you're welcome to
dmcnabb@theoldcoach.com

David McNabb

Necks_Fan
08-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by oldcoachhelper
talking to a national TV person, he told me about some ESPN broadcasts for the football season and he said there was a game between Class 2A and 3A schools in texas being looked at to broadcast.... but of course the yankee couldn't remember which schools...

anybody out in downlow land heard about discussions...

they didn't think it was liberty hill or celina game, but that's not positive...

LH Panther Mom.. you ought to come up with this...

I'll check back here but if you want to email this or any other subject, you're welcome to
dmcnabb@theoldcoach.com

David McNabb Aye, good first post Mate.

:D :clap:

zebrablue2
08-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Welcome to the 3a downlow och..

LH Panther Mom
08-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the Downlow, David! Yankees, LOL! :D I haven't heard anything around here, but I know people that know people ;) and can ask.

Necks_Fan
08-02-2008, 08:56 AM
D. McNabb?

:thinking:

Any relation?

EDIT: Also, he's not exactly "new" to the downlow. He has been here since Nov 07, so that's why I said Good first post rather than "Welcome."

:)

oldcoachhelper
08-02-2008, 01:36 PM
i can't believe this is my first post.. I surf in here regularly... rivalry and game talk is ahead of what we've been able to do in DFW or Houston

any good downlow story ideas and i'm ready... in fact the best performance at a camp this summer that i saw was wos' haynes at an invitation only underclass event in desoto

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=822513

here's the rivals national evaluator Barry Every

James Haynes 6-0.5, 181, WR, Orange (Texas) West Orange-Stark
Assets: Displayed very good speed, running the second-fastest 40 of the day at 4.51 and had excellent hands.
Needs improvement: He is a little lean; may need to add some muscle mass.
What was most impressive: Took over a couple of games during 7-on-7 and looked like a difference maker. His effort earned him Overall Camp MVP.
Conclusion: This was the best athlete I saw all weekend. He has top 250 potential and is a definite DI prospect. He has speed, explosion, change of direction, character and excellent grades.

griff
08-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Can't wait to watch Haynes play.

He won't be the only player raising eyebrows on his team.

Come on, Week Zero!!

LH Panther Mom
08-02-2008, 07:11 PM
With the UIL rules of no Friday TV games, maybe one of the games from a Classic? Burnet/Bwood might be an option or Gilmer/Jasper. :D

Old Tiger
08-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
With the UIL rules of no Friday TV games, maybe one of the games from a Classic? Burnet/Bwood might be an option or Gilmer/Jasper. :D that's a dumb rule i think

lostaussie
08-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
With the UIL rules of no Friday TV games, maybe one of the games from a Classic? Burnet/Bwood might be an option or Gilmer/Jasper. :D we went through this same scenario last year with Tatum. a group came in, convinced Tatum to move their home game to Tyler and a thursday night...............and didn't deliver!!!!! The Gilmer/ Jasper game is already on a thursday night but i until i see it i ain't believing it. basically last year Tatum got screwed out of a home game. but in the end it was probably better there was no coverage.............them 71 we hung on them were ugly:D

Emerson1
08-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
The rule is that a game just can't be televised on friday. They can record it and show it later, though. In the DFW area, there's a high school game televised every week, they just show it saturday afternoon.
The games on TXA 21 come on at 11 Friday nights.

I think the rule is they just can't be live.

oldcoachhelper
08-03-2008, 08:37 PM
you are correct mr. bass _ who was sort of like Kramer on Andy Griffith _ before Kramer came along on Seinfeld...

the only think i've learned so far is that NFL Films is doing something on the Texas Hi-Arkansas Hi game.. should be cool...

LHexPlayer
08-03-2008, 09:00 PM
I don't see them doing a Liberty Hill home game. It would be nice to put a game like Brownwood/LH on tv, but our facilities coundn't handle a tv crew. I don't think it will be long before we start seeing some 3a games on tv.

oldcoachhelper
08-04-2008, 12:28 PM
found my answer and it's not a 3A game but as I said it was someone not from here who was trying to remember a foriegn language to him...

ESPNU or 2 is going to televise Wichita Falls Rider at Sulphur Springs on Sept. 11 (thursday)

mwynn05
08-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by oldcoachhelper
found my answer and it's not a 3A game but as I said it was someone not from here who was trying to remember a foriegn language to him...

ESPNU or 2 is going to televise Wichita Falls Rider at Sulphur Springs on Sept. 11 (thursday) i could have told ya about that one