PDA

View Full Version : Wylie's new turf is almost ready!

blowfish
08-01-2008, 09:22 PM
http://www.abilenewyliebulldogs.com/stadium_construction.htm

trojan37
08-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Cool! I might get to check that out. I'm thinking about coming up for the La Vega-Wylie game. Can I sit on the Wylie side?

michaelp23
08-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Cool! I might get to check that out. I'm thinking about coming up for the La Vega-Wylie game. Can I sit on the Wylie side?

If you can find a seat. Our side will be packed with several hundred others around the track fence. We're looking forward to the increase is home seating after this season.

trojan37
08-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Cool. I can stand by the fence in my red and black West Trojan shirt and have everybody wondering "What the Hell"?

HEMOTOXIC
08-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Looks good!

trojan37
08-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
They'll probably ask "Wonder if that dude brought any kolaches?".

Sausage and Kraut for everyone!:D

trojan37
08-01-2008, 10:35 PM
And where might I catch one of these games at? You know, WestFest is coming up Labor Day weekend, 3 days of beer bread sammiches, YUM YUM!

westcoast54
08-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Looks awsome.

etbu
08-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Good job and looks great. Good luck to your team.

CueroDad08
08-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Very nice looking field.
Who paid for it if I may ask?

lostaussie
08-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Very nice looking field.
Who paid for it if I may ask? Nobogey:D

Mcguirk
08-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Very nice looking field.

The rumor is the UIL. Coach Sandifer called his secret contacts at the UIL (either the one who sets the 3a numbers where he instructs them, or the one who reports the numbers to him in advance so he can transfer kids to Cooper while they count) and ask them for help. Realizing what is good for Wylie is good for football, they sold all their belongings, and donated the proceeds to make it happen. That's the rumor anyway.:D

Sweetwater Red
08-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Very nice looking field.

Well considering the average yearly income of a Wylie household
is 200K...I would guess just about anyone could have.:evillol:

garciap77
08-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
is 200K...I would guess just about anyone could have.:evillol: :lies: :lies: :lies:

It was donated, since we are consider a poor school district. We could not afford it. But, we did buy the inflatable bulldog on a mortgage; and that will be paid in 40 yrs! :D ;)

Daddy D 11
08-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Garcia and nobogey, i think we are all going to see alot of each other at the Wylie games this year:D I cant stand to stay away from 3a Football, plus..it wont hurt to have a spy at the game like me:devil:

STANG RED
08-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:lies: :lies: :lies:

It was donated, since we are consider a poor school district. We could not afford it. But, we did buy the inflatable bulldog on a mortgage; and that will be paid in 40 yrs! :D ;)

I heard nobogey raided one of his kids piggy banks.;)

garciap77
08-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I heard nobogey raided one of his kids piggy banks.;)

Don't say that to loud! He is getting audited. Keep it low. OK!:D

P.S. Remember we are a Poor District! OK:cool:

Mcguirk
08-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Very nice looking field.

I believe the school district. I haven't heard of any private donors, though that doesn't mean anything. I'm not really in the loop. The Doghouse (Wylie community center) was built with the help of sponsors.

garciap77
08-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Garcia and nobogey, i think we are all going to see alot of each other at the Wylie games this year:D I cant stand to stay away from 3a Football, plus..it wont hurt to have a spy at the game like me:devil:

Great! If there is anything I can help you with as you get ready for school here in Abilene let me know. Send me a PM. If you are here before the 6th Aug let me know and you can come to the meet the bulldogs night!:)

Mcguirk
08-02-2008, 09:26 PM
I would imagine a bond was passed to pay for it. Most big projects like that are funded either through a bond or donations.
Alot of times, since communities usually vote down athletic bonds, they'll say it's for an upgrade in district facilities, and they'll mention a few things that the elementary and high school need, and neglect to mention the athletic part of it.

They don't really have to hide the athletic part in Wylie. The last improvements made were to the gym, the football field overflow parking lot, and locker rooms.

The best line ever from Andy Griffith: "Gimme a rock"!

LH Panther Mom
08-02-2008, 10:43 PM
I would imagine a bond was passed to pay for it. Most big projects like that are funded either through a bond or donations.
Alot of times, since communities usually vote down athletic bonds, they'll say it's for an upgrade in district facilities, and they'll mention a few things that the elementary and high school need, and neglect to mention the athletic part of it. :doh: :doh: We need to try that "hiding" thing next time. ;) Of course, some will pick it apart and figure it out. :(

injuredinmelee
08-03-2008, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Mcguirk
The rumor is the UIL. Coach Sandifer called his secret contacts at the UIL (either the one who sets the 3a numbers where he instructs them, or the one who reports the numbers to him in advance so he can transfer kids to Cooper while they count) and ask them for help. Realizing what is good for Wylie is good for football, they sold all their belongings, and donated the proceeds to make it happen. That's the rumor anyway.:D
well done.

injuredinmelee
08-03-2008, 03:53 AM
I think the field was paid for out of the district fund balance.

injuredinmelee
08-03-2008, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
is 200K...I would guess just about anyone could have.:evillol:

200k my foot. We're not Highland Park.