PDA

View Full Version : What it takes to be a WINNER..........

cajun1
11-15-2002, 08:17 AM
Alot of times you see athletes throw things, Kick the water cooler, and that's perceived as being aggressive, showing that they want to win at all cost. But I think that's a weakness. A person who can withstand those emotions is much better off. Channel the emotional energy into something productive stay focused, save energy and send it where it's needed rather than showing Poor Sportsmanship.
As you know, I don't camouflage my feelings or fake my outside action, but I try to channel my emotions toward people in a helpful way.
Total Commitment- Mentally, Emotionally, Spiritually, and Physically is the Key. Winners do it with all their heart. Tap intop this, and it will free you to play for an audience of one -"Tha Team" - Don't play for the applause - play for the Team. There's not anything as releasing and freeing. Don't be a "Blame". Don't be so intrerested in the daily Standing. Be concerned with your Effort. Don't use Blame as a crutch for dailure. Do the Best we can with God given ability we've got. The person who puts failure off on God has an unhealth fear of failure. The worse thing a competitor can have is a fear of failure. Once you fear failure, it zaps your Strength. You're not able to perform to the best of your ability. Give up off the-field activities that hold you back. Once you see the picture of living the recommitted - fill life 24 hours aday. You will turn into competitors who rise above their abilities. "Walk the walk and Talk the Talk both on and off the Field". Loser try to put us down. They know we've got something they want. They just don't want to pay the price.
What will you be in Life? It's Your Choice!

Pudlugger
11-15-2002, 08:23 AM
Sounds to me like you have the right attitude for a winner, in life as well as football. Good luck. :)

cajun1
11-15-2002, 09:02 AM
Thanks,
I am a Wills Point Tiger fan and father.
Good Luck to all the teams tonight.

cajun1
11-17-2002, 11:33 AM
Justanoption maybe you need to read this and maybe you will realize that both teams forney and wills point meet alot of what I wrote here.