PDA

View Full Version : Hey wimpy.... ;)

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2008, 09:33 AM
There was an 8th grader last year that we discussed. I think he had moved to Houston area, but was supposed to be back? Do you know if he's back in Wimberley? Any idea if he'll make the Varsity squad?

wimbo_pro
08-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Good question. I havent heard anything about him, but i know who to ask to find out.

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Cool! He's a good one, for sure. I'd kind of like to not have to see him at the freshman level this year. ;)

wimbo_pro
08-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Dont tell me you also have a kid in the 9th grade too?

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2008, 09:50 AM
LOL! Yes, I do. :D

Sweetwater Red
08-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Dont tell me you also have a kid in the 9th grade too?

Why do you think I was trying to get her to move her family
to Sweetwater? We were prepared to make an offer of 100K
a year to her husband to be the 3rd assistant O-line coach. :D

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
We were prepared to make an offer of 100K
a year to her husband to be the 3rd assistant O-line coach. :D
:doh: NOW you tell me! :p

44INAROW
08-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
LOL! Yes, I do. :D

So is A-Man going to be referred to as "Beast II"? ;)

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
So is A-Man going to be referred to as "Beast II"? ;)
He's working on it. ;)

wimbo_pro
08-01-2008, 10:22 AM
OK...I just checked, and yes, the running back you refer to is indeed back in town and expectd to play. I hear he just might be moved to varsity, but not sure. You'll remember he was much bigger than all the other kids...I am told that though he is still a good sized kid, he doesnt have the huge advantage he once did as a 6th and 7th grader. How many times have we seen this happen...kids seem to "average out" as they head towards their senior year, right?

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
OK...I just checked, and yes, the running back you refer to is indeed back in town and expectd to play. I hear he just might be moved to varsity, but not sure. You'll remember he was much bigger than all the other kids...I am told that though he is still a good sized kid, he doesnt have the huge advantage he once did as a 6th and 7th grader. How many times have we seen this happen...kids seem to "average out" as they head towards their senior year, right?
Yes, he was maybe a foot taller than most of our 7th graders! :eek: :eek: I'm not surprised that others have caught up, but regardless of his size, he had some moves.