PDA

View Full Version : Can you name 5 Public High Schools in Waco?

Rabid Cougar
08-01-2008, 07:57 AM
There are 5 public high schools in Waco. Can you name them?

ronwx5x
08-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
There are 5 public high schools in Waco. Can you name them?

There are 10 in Cy-Fair. Can you name them?

Eagle 1
08-01-2008, 08:14 AM
I can think of six.
Waco High
Robinson
La Vega
Waco University
Waco Connally
Woodway
Bosqueville

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
I can think of six.
Waco High
Robinson
La Vega
Waco University
Waco Connally
Woodway
Bosqueville
I know that Robinson, La Vega & Connally are not in WISD. I don't think Bosqueville is either.

Eagle 1
08-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I know that Robinson, La Vega & Connally are not in WISD. I don't think Bosqueville is either.

He didnt say nothing about Waco ISD, just public schools inside Waco.

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
He didnt say nothing about Waco ISD, just public schools inside Waco.
:doh: Good point!

ronwx5x
08-01-2008, 08:49 AM
There are six in WISD if you count the Alternative High School! Course, only two real ones.

http://www.wacoisd.org/schools.php

Old Tiger
08-01-2008, 12:18 PM
waco high
miday
university

mwynn05
08-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Waco high and University are the only 2 that are really in Waco...the ones that are technically in Waco are La Vega which is actually in Bellmead, Connally which is in Lacy Lakeview...and then theres Midway which isnt in Waco at all

Nursebetty
08-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Waco high and University are the only 2 that are really in Waco...the ones that are technically in Waco are La Vega which is actually in Bellmead, Connally which is in Lacy Lakeview...and then theres Midway which isnt in Waco at all So, why do some people call them....Waco La Vega Pirates, and some call them the La Vega Pirates? I guess maybe it is a matter of whatever someone chooses to call them, huh?

Matthew328
08-01-2008, 05:21 PM
If LaVega was called Bellmead High and Connally was called Lacy Lakeview High it might be simplier.

But anytime one school towns name their schools after people it really throws things off. To me the town name should ALWAYS be the name of the school unless its a mulit-HS town.

I guess people say Waco LaVega and Waco Connally because they are close to Waco. I've heard Waco Robinson also and Waco Midway.

Midway is in Hewitt I think
Robinson is in Robinson and thus is called Robinson by most
Connally is in Lacy Lakeview
LaVega is in Bellmead

So just two public HS's in Waco not counting any alternative schools although Waco ISD had 4 public HS's for a while. Waco, University, Richfield and Jefferson-Moore

Rabid Cougar
08-01-2008, 07:17 PM
OK, there are 5 Public High Schools in the City Limits of Waco.
Two WISD schools : University and Waso High
Midway High School building is inside the Waco city limits. It is in Midway ISD which includes the Cities of Woddway and Hewitt.
Bosqueville Schools are in the Waco City limits. Bosqueville is within Waco's ETJ
Last but not Least China Spring High School is in the Waco City Limits and also within Waco ETJ.

Robinson, LaVaga and Connelly are all in seperate cities.

Rabid Cougar
08-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
There are 10 in Cy-Fair. Can you name them?

SPRING, CREEK, FAIRFIELD, TREE, AIR, SKY, GROUND, BIRD, ARMADILLO, FREEWAY

Eagle 1
08-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
OK, there are 5 Public High Schools in the City Limits of Waco.
Two WISD schools : University and Waso High
Midway High School building is inside the Waco city limits. It is in Midway ISD which includes the Cities of Woddway and Hewitt.
Bosqueville Schools are in the Waco City limits. Bosqueville is within Waco's ETJ
Last but not Least China Spring High School is in the Waco City Limits and also within Waco ETJ.

Robinson, LaVaga and Connelly are all in seperate cities.

So if Midway High School building is in the Waco city limits, wouldn't that make 6?
True, Robinson, LaVega, and Connally are all suburb's of Waco, but most people still consider them "IN" Waco.

JR2004
08-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Nursebetty
So, why do some people call them....Waco La Vega Pirates, and some call them the La Vega Pirates? I guess maybe it is a matter of whatever someone chooses to call them, huh?

Well the Bellmead LaVega Pirates just doesn't sound good and no one outside of Waco would know where it's at. You say Waco and folks know the general vicinity of where LaVega is located. I've seen them for so long that I just call them LaVega though.