PDA

View Full Version : Richardson Asst. Coach Arrested

JR2004
08-01-2008, 06:55 AM
One screwed up dude if it's true.

http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/080108dnmetrichardsoncoach.1ee640b9.html

10:22 PM CDT on Thursday, July 31, 2008

By DAN X. McGRAW / The Dallas Morning News
dmcgraw@dallasnews.com

A Richardson High School coach has been arrested on charges of having inappropriate relationships with two female students, authorities said.

Brent Archie Brent M. Archie, 31, who has served as head wrestling coach and assistant football coach, was placed on paid leave by the school district Thursday pending the outcome of the case.

Mr. Archie was initially arrested late Wednesday night after a 16-year-old girl reported that she had sexual intercourse and oral sex with him between February and March of this year at his Plano home and in a vehicle in Richardson, according to police.

Authorities added two more charges against him Thursday after a second victim told police they had a consensual sexual relationship that began in May 2007 when she was 15 years old, said Sgt. Kevin Perlich, a Richardson police spokesman. That relationship allegedly continued up until this month.

Mr. Archie now faces four counts of having an improper relationship between an educator and student.

Sgt. Perlich said at first Mr. Archie denied the initial allegations.

“After talking to him and taking a polygraph, which he failed, he made a confession,” Sgt. Perlich said.

Police began investigating the initial allegations July 19 after a counselor at a Colorado camp alerted Richardson police, according to the affidavit.

The counselor told authorities she learned about the relationship when questioning the girl about an argument she had with her 16-year-old boyfriend.

The girl said she couldn’t break up with him because her “boyfriend knew her secret,” according to the affidavit.

The girl told the counselor that she initiated the relationship with Mr. Archie and eventually ended it, the affidavit states.

Richardson police did not identify either victim or indicate how they knew the coach.

When reached by phone Thursday, Mr. Archie’s mother said she was in shock from the news.

“We don’t want to talk right now,” Sheila Archie said. “I can’t even talk. It’s been a horrible day.”

Richardson ISD spokesman Tim Clark said Thursday that he believes this is the first case of its kind in the district’s history.

Mr. Archie has worked for Richardson ISD for seven years. In addition to coaching, he has taught world history and an elective course that focuses on college-readiness skills, according to the school’s Web site.

Mr. Archie remained in the Richardson jail Thursday evening in lieu of $40,000 bond for each charge. If convicted, he faces two to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000 on each count.

Richardson police say their investigation continues.

pirate4state
08-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
One screwed up dude if it's true.

http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/080108dnmetrichardsoncoach.1ee640b9.html

10:22 PM CDT on Thursday, July 31, 2008

By DAN X. McGRAW / The Dallas Morning News
dmcgraw@dallasnews.com

A Richardson High School coach has been arrested on charges of having inappropriate relationships with two female students, authorities said.

Brent Archie Brent M. Archie, 31, who has served as head wrestling coach and assistant football coach, was placed on paid leave by the school district Thursday pending the outcome of the case.

Mr. Archie was initially arrested late Wednesday night after a 16-year-old girl reported that she had sexual intercourse and oral sex with him between February and March of this year at his Plano home and in a vehicle in Richardson, according to police.

Authorities added two more charges against him Thursday after a second victim told police they had a consensual sexual relationship that began in May 2007 when she was 15 years old, said Sgt. Kevin Perlich, a Richardson police spokesman. That relationship allegedly continued up until this month.

Mr. Archie now faces four counts of having an improper relationship between an educator and student.

Sgt. Perlich said at first Mr. Archie denied the initial allegations.

“After talking to him and taking a polygraph, which he failed, he made a confession,” Sgt. Perlich said.

Police began investigating the initial allegations July 19 after a counselor at a Colorado camp alerted Richardson police, according to the affidavit.

The counselor told authorities she learned about the relationship when questioning the girl about an argument she had with her 16-year-old boyfriend.

The girl said she couldn’t break up with him because her “boyfriend knew her secret,” according to the affidavit.

The girl told the counselor that she initiated the relationship with Mr. Archie and eventually ended it, the affidavit states.

Richardson police did not identify either victim or indicate how they knew the coach.

When reached by phone Thursday, Mr. Archie’s mother said she was in shock from the news.

“We don’t want to talk right now,” Sheila Archie said. “I can’t even talk. It’s been a horrible day.”

Richardson ISD spokesman Tim Clark said Thursday that he believes this is the first case of its kind in the district’s history.

Mr. Archie has worked for Richardson ISD for seven years. In addition to coaching, he has taught world history and an elective course that focuses on college-readiness skills, according to the school’s Web site.

Mr. Archie remained in the Richardson jail Thursday evening in lieu of $40,000 bond for each charge. If convicted, he faces two to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000 on each count.

Richardson police say their investigation continues.

I'll probably catch some flack for this, but if the above is true...WTH was this girl thinking? SHE admitted to initiating & ending the "relationship". In my book that doesn't really make her a "victim".

I know what he did was wrong, no denying that, and now he will probably go to jail for being stupid, but what will happen to her?

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
but what will happen to her?
Nothing.... :speech:

Keep it closed.....
http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50290540/No_8_Plastic_Zipper.jpg

BreckTxLonghorn
08-01-2008, 09:54 AM
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff269/TheCourtness/ChrisHanson.jpg

trojan37
08-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff269/TheCourtness/ChrisHanson.jpg

OMG, that was hilarious!!:weeping: I laughed so hard it made me cry.

Old Tiger
08-01-2008, 12:36 PM
nm

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
How old is the girl?
:doh: :doh: :doh: Did you read the article? :p (One 15, one 16)

Old Tiger
08-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: :doh: Did you read the article? :p (One 15, one 16) I did....but it slipped my mind.

BreckTxLonghorn
08-01-2008, 12:43 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: Did you read the article? :p (One 15, one 16)

Simple math
15+16=31

They guy knew they were minors, but he was smart and combined them so that he was dating a mega-coed his own age! Genius!

Old Tiger
08-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Sucks that the girls started it all and now he's probably going to go to jail

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Sucks that the girls started it all and now he's probably going to go to jail
Sucks that he knows what's expected and couldn't say NO. :rolleyes:

piratebg
08-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Does anyone else think that with the ways things have been that the age of consent might drop some time in the future? I'm not saying it will go down to like 12-13, but more like possibly 16 or something. I was having this discussion with some of my coworkers not too long ago.

Old Tiger
08-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Does anyone else think that with the ways things have been that the age of consent might drop some time in the future? I'm not saying it will go down to like 12-13, but more like possibly 16 or something. I was having this discussion with some of my coworkers not too long ago. It could....girls 14-15 are having sex with multiple partners these days.

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Does anyone else think that with the ways things have been that the age of consent might drop some time in the future? I'm not saying it will go down to like 12-13, but more like possibly 16 or something. I was having this discussion with some of my coworkers not too long ago.
It really doesn't matter in the case of teachers, coaches, other school staff. There is no legal age of consent as long as the person in question is a STUDENT.

piratebg
08-01-2008, 02:27 PM
It really doesn't matter in the case of teachers, coaches, other school staff. There is no legal age of consent as long as the person in question is a STUDENT.

I realize that but my question wasn't so much in regards to teacher/student relationships. ;)

pirate4state
08-01-2008, 02:31 PM
It really doesn't matter in the case of teachers, coaches, other school staff. There is no legal age of consent as long as the person in question is a STUDENT. Sucks for them. Just say no. No matter how much she tells you how cute you are! :rolleyes:

espn1
08-01-2008, 03:05 PM
I guess that's why they've lost 26 in a row. The coaches are doing all the playing.

GreenMonster
08-01-2008, 05:39 PM
It really doesn't matter in the case of teachers, coaches, other school staff. There is no legal age of consent as long as the person in question is a STUDENT. This is the way it is and the way it should be. There is no way that a teacher, any teacher of either sex, can keep any respect from any of the students or staff if they have any kind of inappropriate relationship with a student. I think this should be the case in college as well. High school is much worse because you are dealing with adults who know better and children that want desperately to be adults. You cannot expect a 15 or 16 year old boy or girl to make the right decision here. There are just entirely too many hormones flying around.