PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez to the Dodgers

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2008, 03:52 PM
Can you image him in Tinsel Town?:eek:

Manny Ramirez's stormy relationship with the Boston Red Sox appears to be over.

A baseball source has confirmed Ramirez has been traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers, ESPN.com has learned.

Jason Bay is going to Boston as part of the deal, Jayson Stark reported. And the Pittsburgh Pirates get four minor leaguers as part of the three-way deal.

Andy LaRoche, Bryan Morris, Brandon Moss and Craig Hansen will go to Pittsburgh, ESPN.com has learned.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3513383

coach
07-31-2008, 04:15 PM
sox r in trouble

pirate4state
07-31-2008, 04:19 PM
:1omg!:

W-O-W

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by coach
sox r in trouble

I know. Steinbrenner and the rest of the Yankee organization
are probably celebrating right now.:(

Macarthur
07-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Manny is one hell of a player, but he is lazy and a major pain in the arse.

SWMustang
07-31-2008, 04:26 PM
I think it's a good move for the sox. Jason Bay's numbers are comparable to ManRam without the headaches. Manny was an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year and he said he wasn't coming back.

JR2004
07-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Glad to see Ramirez get out of that cesspool. He's always been a fun player to watch and I'm sure he'll enjoy playing for the Dodgers.

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I think it's a good move for the sox. Jason Bay's numbers are comparable to ManRam without the headaches. Manny was an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year and he said he wasn't coming back.

Bay is a lifetime .281 hitter..Manny .312

Bay is hitting like .209 RISP...Manny like .310

Manny is a Yankee killer, I know the Yank fans are happy now
how many big games has Jason Bay won with his bat..heck how many has he even played in?

Sorry but Boston panicked..Manny is not always easy to deal with, but inside the lines he is a money player

they traded a weapon for a "good" guy

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

how many big games has Jason Bay won with his bat..heck how many has he even played in?

Sorry but Boston panicked..Manny is not always easy to deal with, but inside the lines he is a money player

And didn't Boston have a team option for next year? Did they
think if they exercised that option he'd loaf the entire season
next year the way he did to first base a few times earlier this
week?

Macarthur
07-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Manny has a team option for the next two years, so the Dodgers control him for 2 years if they choose.

zebrablue2
07-31-2008, 04:52 PM
manny is on to hollywood.

SWMustang
07-31-2008, 05:06 PM

Their numbers are very similar this year. Manny at his best is definitely better than Bay but Manny's best years are behind him. Bay's numbers would be better if he was in the Sox lineup the last three years. I'll grant you that a big question will be Bay's performance in the playoffs and in pressure situations.

Maroon87
07-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Lost in all of this is that it looks like it might be a nice deal for the Pirates. They essentially get 4 players for Jason Bay.

Emerson1
07-31-2008, 05:20 PM
He would be your average player if ESPN didn't cover the Red Sox and Yankees 24/7

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Their numbers are very similar this year. Manny at his best is definitely better than Bay but Manny's best years are behind him. Bay's numbers would be better if he was in the Sox lineup the last three years. I'll grant you that a big question will be Bay's performance in the playoffs and in pressure situations.

Sorry but Manny's RISP comapred to Bay this year is still staggering

and ur right some stats are about the same..RBI, and HR...but Bay has had 30 more ABS to reach about same numbers..and Manny in a down year is still hitting 20 points higher same amount of walks and Ks

SWMustang
07-31-2008, 05:49 PM
Sorry but Manny's RISP comapred to Bay this year is still staggering

and ur right some stats are about the same..RBI, and HR...but Bay has had 30 more ABS to reach about same numbers..and Manny in a down year is still hitting 20 points higher same amount of walks and Ks

Are you sure Manny hasn't walked a lot more than Bay? The sox still have plenty of offense to win it all even if they gave up a little something in the lineup. No doubt Bay is a better outfielder than Manny.

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2008, 05:54 PM
Are you sure Manny hasn't walked a lot more than Bay? The sox still have plenty of offense to win it all even if they gave up a little something in the lineup. No doubt Bay is a better outfielder than Manny.

Bay has walked 59 times ..Manny 52

the Sox having a ton of O

Manny was their catalyst, the guy every pitcher feared which allowed other hitters to get better looks..Bay wont do that

forum_guy
07-31-2008, 06:09 PM
I love the red sox but this deal had to be done...if they would keep him we know he would not try...something in that organization made him mad and this had to be done even though what he has done for the sox

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
I love the red sox but this deal had to be done...if they would keep him we know he would not try...something in that organization made him mad and this had to be done even though what he has done for the sox

Sorry I dont believe that..will he not hustle every ground ball out? maybe not..but I just dont see him as much of a money player as he is not trying on the big stage come play-off times

forum_guy
07-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Sorry I dont believe that..will he not hustle every ground ball out? maybe not..but I just dont see him as much of a money player as he is not trying on the big stage come play-off times

um i guess u didnt see where it took him 7 seconds to make it to first base, obviously he doesnt care about anything with that organization....something happened in the locker room and he wants out and this was the only way to go...im one of the biggest boston fans ever but im telling u something happened and once manny made his mind up there is nothing to do but take bay who is not actually a bad player and does have home run power

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
um i guess u didnt see where it took him 7 seconds to make it to first base, obviously he doesnt care about anything with that organization....something happened in the locker room and he wants out and this was the only way to go...im one of the biggest boston fans ever but im telling u something happened and once manny made his mind up there is nothing to do but take bay who is not actually a bad player and does have home run power

agian..regular season game..Manny has done this before but come play-off time he is bashing em

Necks_Fan
07-31-2008, 07:20 PM
I think it's a good move for the sox. Jason Bay's numbers are comparable to ManRam without the headaches. Manny was an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year and he said he wasn't coming back. Wrong. The club had a 20 Mil option that they could have excercised.

I do think it was a great trade for the Sox and the Pirates though.

Bay is a good offensive player and he will pick up MOST of the slack without the headaches Manny has caused them.

Also, Pittsburgh scored 3 really good prospects and a ML ready 3rd baseman.

Good trade for them.

I don't know why LA did this though. They already have Kemp, Young, Ethier, Pierre, And A Jones in the outfield. Talk about being stacked in the NL with no DH.

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

I do think it was a great trade for the Sox and the Pirates though.

Bay is a good offensive player and he will pick up MOST of the slack without the headaches Manny has caused them.

Until Bay proves he can hit better than .209 with RISP or prove he can have a big hit in a big game this IMO is a bad trade for Red Sox

They basically traded a #3 hitter in the line-up for a #7 hitter