PDA

View Full Version : Canada bus attack leaves man decapitated

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2008, 02:30 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/073108dnintgreydecap.1ef7ada7.html

hawkfan
07-31-2008, 02:59 PM
37 people on that bus and not one person tried to stop him. pathetic

mustang04
07-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
37 people on that bus and not one person tried to stop him. pathetic

probably because some of those people might have been in mild shock watching this happen....its easy to sit behind a computer and say you would have saved the day, isnt it?

DDBooger
07-31-2008, 03:19 PM
37 people on that bus and not one person tried to stop him. pathetic altruism is not a common virture...lots of people speak of what they'd do, situationally, impossible to predict! I stopped a guy from slapping his g/f once and had 3 guys trying to bring me down. lmao luckily all 3 were cowards like the guy slapping around his g/f and I was able to hold 2 of em till the cops got there! but when weapons are involved, likely there would have been more casualties. statisically what i did was stupid, there was a good posibility i could have been stabbed or shot. No good deed goes unpunished.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-31-2008, 04:51 PM
That guy is probably legitimately crazy...

DDBooger
07-31-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
That guy is probably legitimately crazy... doing it calmly, "robotically" yeah, that would hint at some sociopathic cues

hawkfan
07-31-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
probably because some of those people might have been in mild shock watching this happen....its easy to sit behind a computer and say you would have saved the day, isnt it?

I agree, it is hard to say what I would do, but let me put it to you this way. In this world after sept. 11th, if you were on an airplane that was high jacked, I bet a million dollars that most Americans would not just sit there and let them carry out there plans, which would probably mean there death. I know this a totally different situation from that, but I don't think I could just let somebody die if I could do something about it. I wonder how many of those people are now thinking "Man, I wished I would have done something". The person might still be alive, instead of being mutilated. I wonder what the persons family thinks about it?

mustang04
07-31-2008, 06:20 PM
I agree, it is hard to say what I would do, but let me put it to you this way. In this world after sept. 11th, if you were on an airplane that was high jacked, I bet a million dollars that most Americans would not just sit there and let them carry out there plans, which would probably mean there death. I know this a totally different situation from that, but I don't think I could just let somebody die if I could do something about it. I wonder how many of those people are now thinking "Man, I wished I would have done something". The person might still be alive, instead of being mutilated. I wonder what the persons family thinks about it?

i kinda agree with you...but the thing is...if you're up in the air and your plane is getting hijacked, then you're fighting for your survival because we know now that more than likely the whole plane is going down if the hijackers take it...but on a bus, you're not fighting but more or less just surviving by staying out of it this, the plane situation is you're possibly damned if you do, but certainly damned if ya dont (make sense?)

Rocket
07-31-2008, 06:22 PM
That is the weirdest story I have ever read.