PDA

View Full Version : Quincy Carter getting tryout for Dolphins

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Reports are Carter is trying out for Fins today

Cowboy fans, would you want him back as a back up?

I actually would like him back if his life is stright, his and Romo's game are alot alike( Romo better of course) but if Tony was hurt a game or 2 I would trust Carter's ability as QB with the weapons around him

wildstangs
07-31-2008, 02:25 PM
I heard that yesterday. Hard to believe he could be working for Bill Parcells.

piratebg
07-31-2008, 02:26 PM
I guess he couldn't get hold of Vinny. :D

LHexPlayer
07-31-2008, 02:28 PM
lol hahahaha Good luck with that.

forum_guy
07-31-2008, 03:05 PM
he led the boys to the first round and so far thats all romo as done...lol...so yeah i guess u can say their game is about the same

pirate4state
07-31-2008, 03:06 PM
:eek: shocker --- i thought he was in rehab or am I confusing him with someone else :confused:

BreckTxLonghorn
07-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I actually would like him back if his life is stright, his and Romo's game are alot alike( Romo better of course) but if Tony was hurt a game or 2 I would trust Carter's ability as QB with the weapons around him

Nope. Guy's been out of the league for awhile. Even if it was only character issues, that means his game couldn't make up for it. With the rust that's already accumulated, his game probably isn't spectacular right now.

Emerson1
07-31-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Nope. Guy's been out of the league for awhile. Even if it was only character issues, that means his game couldn't make up for it. With the rust that's already accumulated, his game probably isn't spectacular right now.
He has been in other leagues and done very well when he has played. Was arrested on pot charges for the 2nd time last year though.

JR2004
07-31-2008, 04:36 PM
I heard Irvin report this on the radio yesterday afternoon. He could barely say it without laughing.

piratebg
07-31-2008, 05:41 PM
I can't help but think that he and Ricky Williams are gonna be the best of friends.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z48/MoReAg/kite.gif

forum_guy
07-31-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I can't help but think that he and Ricky Williams are gonna be the best of friends.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z48/MoReAg/kite.gif

actually speaking of ricky they said he is looking awesome in camp and he will be getting some carries...if brown gets reinjured look for ricky to be a sleeper rb for your fantasy leagues

Trashman
07-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

:1omg!: :1omg!: :spitlol: Dude! Step away from the punch bowl!

crzyjournalist03
08-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: shocker --- i thought he was in rehab or am I confusing him with someone else :confused:

he's been in and out a few times...was arrested a couple of times, sobered up, joined the AFL2 (minor league arena football), got released for same ole' same ole'...rehabbed again, got a gig in the regular AFL, and didn't overwhelm.

carter08
08-01-2008, 08:39 PM
This is America.

America loves giving people second chances, especially athletes. And, upon failing to change, we continue giving them as many chances as they feel like taking.

Of course, if Quincy Carter has changed, he should have a chance to prove it, regardless of the fact a non-athlete with as many drug charges as him would likely be wasting his life away in a prison cell.

Until our society stops putting a special reverence on athletes, they will continue to break the bounds of the law. If you knew you could smoke tons of pot and always get your job back, you know you would be.

Even if Quincy doesn't deserve another shot at the NFL, he's getting one. And he's smart enough to take it.

Good luck.