PDA

View Full Version : Will this shut down The Split Tee

espn1
07-30-2008, 08:09 PM
44 Ghost (http://www.the-endzone.net/ghost_4-4.doc)

espn1
07-30-2008, 08:41 PM
No responses on whether this will stop LH???

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Not gonna touch it. You Burnet guys know what it takes.

Daddy D 11
07-30-2008, 09:05 PM
teams have ran that against us.

the best thing ive ever seen work against us is when there is 8 bodys down or at the line of scrimmage. carthage and celina have done it successfully in the past 2 years and it gave us more problems than usual

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 09:12 PM
The only problem with 8 down. Is that once we get past that we are gone. See ya 6

orange machine
07-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Ill have to agree there yall did that to us a few times:weeping:

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 09:17 PM
I really do think by now we have seen every formation. We adjust very well after the first series and during the game.

Daddy D 11
07-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Ill have to agree there yall did that to us a few times:weeping:
true, but you gave us fits also

orange machine
07-30-2008, 09:25 PM
It is my honest belief that the LH, Bwood game is round two of the LH, Gilmer game. No disrespect to Gilmer at all, yall have proven yourselfs.

Daddy D 11
07-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
It is my honest belief that the LH, Bwood game is round two of the LH, Gilmer game. No disrespect to Gilmer at all, yall have proven yourselfs.

i said those exact words in the other thread lol brownwood people did not like that:p

orange machine
07-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Its the truth. Brownwoods O line i promise will not be as big or as good as Gilmers. I think Gilmers QB is better than Brownwoods QB. To be honest im not so sure that Brownwood could beat Gilmer.

orange machine
07-30-2008, 10:50 PM
That was well put.

espn1
07-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Not gonna touch it. You Burnet guys know what it takes. I know we will be better prepared then the average Team. We were up at halftime last year. We will definetly have a better defense this year. I'm just not sold on the new Coach yet. Time will tell.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-31-2008, 02:22 AM
Wow, some Slot-T chat? Count me in!!!

The main key to stopping the Slot-T is to know what's coming ahead of time. :confused: :confused: Is probably what you're thinking, right?

Well, the main keys are two players. The fullback, and the tailback (or slotback, we called it "tailback" when we ran the Slot-T in Port Isabel). On most of the Slot-T plays, the fullback or the tailback will line up "differently" to help accomodate the other backs in completing their fakes more effectively. Here's a few examples.

(now I'm wishing I could draw up some diagrams, I'll describe as best I can)

The offense lines up in the standard Slot-T formation (in Port Isabel we called it the A-Set) which is the 5 linemen, TE on the right side, a split end lined up on the line of scrimmage about 2 yards outside the left tackle, the slotback lined up in the gap and about a yard behind the line of scrimmage, fullback behind the QB about 3 yards, and a halfback lined up about 3 yards behind the right tackle. However, in this play, the fullback lines up closer to the line of scrimmage. The reason why the fullback is lining up closer to the QB and line of scrimmage is because the play is going to be a sweep to the tailback going to the strong side. The FB is going to carry a fake, but needs to get out of the way in a hurry, otherwise the TB and FB will collide. I think some of the Libery Hill folks will know what A-Right 8 Hole Reverse and A-Right 328 are, because these are the plays I'm referring to.

Now, same standard A-Set formation described above. The FB and HB are both 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage, however, the TB is lined up a little closer to the line of scrimmage than normal. This is a dead giveaway that it is most likely going to be going to the HB to the weak side, either up the middle which is A-Right 243 Tackle Trap or off left tackle or possibly a sweep to the outside on the weak side, which is A-Right 349. However, it can also go to the fullback, but those plays are usually up the middle or off the guards, if you've got a good DL and LBs, then that can be stopped.