PDA

View Full Version : Never a dull night in my house!

CHS_CG
07-30-2008, 06:49 PM
So I started new schedule where I am working 10:30am till 7:30 pm m-f, so I've been staying up a little bit later so I can actually sleep and make it at work till 7:30 lol...

So last night about 10:30pm I was getting Taylor ready for bed and while I was changing her clothes, one of her earrings came out. My mom and I are looking for this thing for like 15 minutes and just gave up and put a new pair in. Well then I go to put her pj's on... not 2 minutes after I get them on her.. she starts screaming like somebody is killing her! I ran into my moms room and shes pulling at her pj's and I yank them off of her and... (can anybody guess what was in there....)

A SCORPION!!!

She was stung 4 times by this stupid thing. I ended up taking her to the ER even though I was pretty sure she was ok (well not ok.. but she wasnt having any allergic reactions to the stings)

They took forever to get the paperwork finished and then we finally see a doctor, they gave her some medicine and wanted to watch her and we are finally discharged... and get home around 3am. Needless today, I'd like to have just a plain boring sit around and do nothing tonight.. but thats not happening!

Necks_Fan
07-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Holy Crap. Lol.

Wow. That's definitley not dull.

Old Dog
07-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Know how you feel, I did almost the same thing way back when my little girl was a babe. I laid her down on one of the dang things in the dark................really felt bad for doing it!

44INAROW
07-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Wow - I bet she did scream.. Sorry you had to spend all that freaking time at the ER - but thank heavens she is OK - I found a scorpion on the bathroom floor a couple of weekends ago and it just happened to have been a night that our 2 granddaughters were spending the night. They had both been in my bathroom earlier that night taking a shower - I was so thankful they didn't step on it. I have gotten in the habit of "clapping" my shoes together before putting them on, just in case a scorpion or spider is making a nest/sleeping in my shoes.........

zebrablue2
07-30-2008, 09:46 PM
I will just give it a HOLY CRAP-- OUCH... Glad to hear everything is OK..

Ranger Mom
07-30-2008, 11:07 PM
Poor Taytor-Tot!!:(

The sting is bad enough, but the pain seems to last FOREVER!

I got stung on the toe and my whole leg ached for several hours afterwards!

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Wow! But did you find the missing earring? ;)

pirate4state
07-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I have gotten in the habit of "clapping" my shoes together before putting them on, just in case a scorpion or spider is making a nest/sleeping in my shoes......... thanks lorey :(

talena - hope taylor is recovering from her er trip

Old Dog
07-31-2008, 11:13 AM
Just a funny side note..........the wife and I had just started drifting off when we both heard that very distinguishable sound of a sccrpion hitting the bed covers after falling from the ceiling or light fixture (no other sound like it). At the same instant we both jumped out of bed and threw back the cover. We couldn't find it anywhere; man it was difficult to climb back in bed and sleep just wondering where that sucker was!

pirate4state
07-31-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Just a funny side note..........the wife and I had just started drifting off when we both heard that very distinguishable sound of a sccrpion hitting the bed covers after falling from the ceiling or light fixture (no other sound like it). At the same instant we both jumped out of bed and threw back the cover. We couldn't find it anywhere; man it was difficult to climb back in bed and sleep just wondering where that sucker was!
I know the feeling! (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83932&highlight=sleep)

:( :D

CHS_CG
07-31-2008, 10:12 PM
She is doing fine now.. but she did make me throw away the pj's the scorpion was in!

BILLYFRED0000
08-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
She is doing fine now.. but she did make me throw away the pj's the scorpion was in!

Just glad she's ok. I was in little league and getting ready for a ball game at the house. Just pulled on my cleats and got stung on the big toe by a big sucker. It swole up and hurt. Needless to say I did not play that night. Learned to shake my shoes out just in case.

Phil C
08-01-2008, 10:00 AM

Smart Little Girl! How old is she now CHS?

CHS_CG
08-01-2008, 08:28 PM
UPDATE

Taylor is fine, back to her bratty little self....

But I just got out of the hospital....

I donated blood today for the blood drive at work and last time it took atleast 45 minutes, this time I was back on the phones at 4 and had clocked out at 3:23.... about 4:10 I put the guy I was on the phone with on hold and turned around and told my sup I wasnt feeling good, I was getting really hot. He asked me if he wanted me to call 911 and I said no, I think I would be ok.. I just needed to take some time and relax.. Next thing I know Chris (my sup) is sayin "Talena, can you hear me, Talena, Talena" and I finally answered him and he said I had just had my eyes roll in the back of my head and I started convulsing. They called 911 and rushed me to the hospital. Had fluids put in me and got put on oxygen because I couldnt catch my breath. After about an hour or so in the ER they released me but told me to take it easy tonight and tomorrow and to go to the doctor Monday if I was not feeling better.

I am home now and feeling like I'm trying to get over the flu.. I feel really weak, I'm sleepy and keep getting hot and cold.

So needless today.. we've had an eventful week!

ProudHornetMom
08-01-2008, 08:45 PM
UPDATE

I am home now and feeling like I'm trying to get over the flu.. I feel really weak, I'm sleepy and keep getting hot and cold.

So needless today.. we've had an eventful week!

Is there someone with you tonight? It's worrisome that you are still having symptoms. Usually after fluid rehydration, you feel better...even after a rushed blood donation. If the symptoms continue, don't hesitate to go back to the ER...pronto.

Maroon87
08-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Talena...Bandera Ya Ya told me to tell you that you're a horrible mom for letting that happen to your child.

I'm kidding of course...;)

I hope your daughter is doing well. Those scorpions are mean...and sometimes deadly.:eek:

CHS_CG
08-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Is there someone with you tonight? It's worrisome that you are still having symptoms. Usually after fluid rehydration, you feel better...even after a rushed blood donation. If the symptoms continue, don't hesitate to go back to the ER...pronto.

I wont go back unless I just cant stand it, I cant afford another $100.00 copay this month lol. I am done with the hot and cold but I am still tired and feeling weak off and on. Like now I am on my laptop in bed but if I sit up for too long then I just feel like blah and need to lay back down.

I live with my parents and my mom is home and dad will be home off the truck in a little bit. As soon as we get Taylor to settle her hyper little butt down I am going to bed.

CHS_CG
08-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Talena...Bandera Ya Ya told me to tell you that you're a horrible mom for letting that happen to your child.

I'm kidding of course...;)

You better be glad you are!

GreenMonster
08-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Needless today

What is this "needless today" business??? Never heard of it. I've heard of "needless to say" which makes perfectly good sense, but "needless today" doesn't make any sense to me. Am I out of the loop on some new slang or what???

44INAROW
08-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Wow Talena - sure hope you get a good night's sleep and wake up feeling 100% - seriously - if you're not better - go back to the ER and find out what the deal is......:)

pirate4state
08-02-2008, 10:04 AM
:eek: yikes....i spent over 6 hours in the ER last night with my uncle....turns out he has 3 kidney stones :eek: ouch...poor dude, i hope none of you guys ever have to pass a stone, let alone 3!!!

talena - i hope you feel better soon

Necks_Fan
08-02-2008, 10:12 AM
What's with all the scorpions? I have never even seen one and all of ya'll have been attacked and whatnot. Are they just not in my area or what?

Necks_Fan
08-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: yikes....i spent over 6 hours in the ER last night with my uncle....turns out he has 3 kidney stones :eek: ouch...poor dude, i hope none of you guys ever have to pass a stone, let alone 3!!!

talena - i hope you feel better soon If you have that many, sometimes they can go in and break em up so there are more but they don't hurt near as bad.

My dad has probably had a few hundred kidney stones stemming from all of his medical problems. His body produces too much calcium or something and that and pancreintitis and CF causes hiom to get quite a few. He hasn't had one in a good while though. I think at one point he had one every couple fo days and sometimes multiple BIG ones. Definitely no fun.

pirate4state
08-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
If you have that many, sometimes they can go in and break em up so there are more but they don't hurt near as bad.

My dad has probably had a few hundred kidney stones stemming from all of his medical problems. His body produces too much calcium or something and that and pancreintitis and CF causes hiom to get quite a few. He hasn't had one in a good while though. I think at one point he had one every couple fo days and sometimes multiple BIG ones. Definitely no fun.

Yeah, two of them are still very small. The one that is already making its way down is not so small, but it was already past the point of assistance, I guess, because the doc didn't give him that option! LMAO.

That sucks for your dad. :(

Necks_Fan
08-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yeah, two of them are still very small. The one that is already making its way down is not so small, but it was already past the point of assistance, I guess, because the doc didn't give him that option! LMAO.

That sucks for your dad. :( I wouldn't kid around. Lol. Karma is a beach. Lol.

And my dad is doing alot better now. Most of his medical problems were when I was in elementary school. The last 3-4 he has only had minor problems. Pain med addiction was the worst of any of it. Vicodin, morphine, codine, you name it. Lol.

lepfan
08-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
What's with all the scorpions? I have never even seen one and all of ya'll have been attacked and whatnot. Are they just not in my area or what? We rented a house while building our house in LG. We had scorpions BAD in that house!!! In one weeks time I killed over 50. My most vivid memory was putting on PJ bottoms because my son and his friend were coming down the stairs...and I didn't want to flash the poor kids! Not sure what they saw, but I got hit 5 times on one leg before I could get them back off...it seems there was a fat one in the leg of the pjs.

Come to find out they were in the cedar trees that surrounded the house and were falling into the fireplace and spreading like wildfire! They cut the trees back (people that moved in after us) and there were no more problems!

What was wicked looking was the momma I saw with ALL those babies on her back...they did not live long...I had a can of spray paint in my hand and sprayed them...they couldn't move! LOL

CHS_CG
08-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I have a friend that said he got an email that you are supposed to poor liqour on them.. it makes them sting themselves to death. Talk about a test I wanna try out.