LH Panther Mom
07-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Sept. 19 Bellville at Navasota
Sept. 26 Liberty Hill at Fredericksburg

Other games announced so far:
Aug. 29 Lufkin at Tyler Lee
Sept. 5 Canadian at Abernathy
Sept. 12 Spring Westfield at Beaumont West Brook
Oct. 2 Stephenville at Mansfield Timberview (Thursday game)
Oct. 10 Southlake Carroll at Coppell
Oct. 17 Cisco at Clyde
Oct. 24 Winnsboro at Caddo Mills

injuredinmelee
07-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Cisco beats Clyde by 17 points.

injuredinmelee
07-30-2008, 08:28 AM
wish they would have picked LH/Wylie as one. I have a feeling the place will be rocking as it is.

Looking4number8
07-30-2008, 08:32 AM
I was kind of hoping for the LH/Brownwood game. It is the game of the week in my feeble mind that week.

I guess LH could have 10 games of the week. Everybody wants to be the one that finaly puts a 1 in the loss colum for them.

injuredinmelee
07-30-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
I was kind of hoping for the LH/Brownwood game. It is the game of the week in my feeble mind that week.

I guess LH could have 10 games of the week. Everybody wants to be the one that finaly puts a 1 in the loss colum for them.
yeah that would be another great one. Is the DQ game the one that Rick Renner does?

pirate4state
07-30-2008, 09:12 AM
what? no DQ game of the week in Giddings? they have the nicest DQ! :D

yes, Rick Renner usually dose DQ games of the week

ronwx5x
07-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Oct. 17 Cisco at Clyde

What happens if a game is "DQ Game of the Week"? Are they on radio. If so what network?

Emerson1
07-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
What happens if a game is "DQ Game of the Week"? Are they on radio. If so what network?
They are highlighted more on the HS Xtra show and they might have some segments with fans or cheerleaders from the game. The entire game isn't even on TV or anything.

ronwx5x
07-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
They are highlighted more on the HS Xtra show and they might have some segments with fans or cheerleaders from the game. The entire game isn't even on TV or anything.

Thank you.:)

Looking4number8
07-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

Fox Sports Network visits both schools during the week, films the pep rally, and attends the game. Then during there Friday night show (also show on Saturdays) they do a pretty lenghty bit on the game and schools. It is especialy neat for the winning team.

Last year Brownwood was lucky enough to be the game of week when we beat #1 ranked Cove. It was a great game and FSN made us look great! Lots of fun.. I have taped it and I am sure all you guys want me to send you a copy. lol

It was really neat for me. My daughter is a cheer leader and they got a lot of TV time. I have a 52 inch TV and one part of the show my daughter has a 40 inch smile across the screen. Yes, I am a proud papa!

ronwx5x
07-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Fox Sports Network visits both schools during the week, films the pep rally, and attends the game. Then during there Friday night show (also show on Saturdays) they do a pretty lenghty bit on the game and schools. It is especialy neat for the winning team.

Last year Brownwood was lucky enough to be the game of week when we beat #1 ranked Cove. It was a great game and FSN made us look great! Lots of fun.. I have taped it and I am sure all you guys want me to send you a copy. lol

It was really neat for me. My daughter is a cheer leader and they got a lot of TV time. I have a 52 inch TV and one part of the show my daughter has a 40 inch smile across the screen. Yes, I am a roud papa!

Nothing gives a high schooler more confidence than being made to feel special. Congrats to both of you, daughter especially!:)

Lion_Addict
07-30-2008, 09:52 AM

Great "feeble" minds think alike. I was really hoping for the same thing. Gotta feeling this game is going to bring major publicity to the table. Still worrying about how we're all gonna fit after all the "bring your lawn chairs" comments.

pirate4state
07-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Great "feeble" minds think alike. I was really hoping for the same thing. Gotta feeling this game is going to bring major publicity to the table. Still worrying about how we're all gonna fit after all the "bring your lawn chairs" comments.

Don't sweat the small stuff. :) You aren't all gonna fit over on the visitors side. Especially if you travel well. Cuero's fans were jam packed. Just like at the Giddings/Caldwell game. We are all squished in like sardines on the visitors side. Next year you'll get to be cozy in your home stands. :D ;)

Maybe LH doesn't have a DQ? :eek:

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Nope, no DQ for us. We might be the only place in Texas without one.

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Maybe LH doesn't have a DQ? :eek:
No, but we did host a DQ GotW 4 years ago when we played (then) # 1 Manor. Imagine FSN's surprise when they went looking for the DQ. :D

44INAROW
07-30-2008, 11:19 AM
No, but we did host a DQ GotW 4 years ago when we played (then) # 1 Manor. Imagine FSN's surprise when they went looking for the DQ. :D

Did Rick Renner spring for Big Macs for everyone? :D

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Did Rick Renner spring for Big Macs for everyone? :D
There's no Mickey D's either. :eek: :eek:

Lion_Addict
07-30-2008, 11:32 AM
There's no Mickey D's either. :eek: :eek:

WOW :eek: ! What the heck yawl gonna feed all of us? :confused: . Be nice! :p

garciap77
07-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
WOW :eek: ! What the heck yawl gonna feed all of us? :confused: . Be nice! :p

Hey! They have a Starbucks!:D ;)

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 11:57 AM
We're gonna feed ya turf, and lots of it.

Lion_Addict
07-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
We're gonna feed ya turf, and lots of it.

There's the "pop off" I was looking for :hand: . Very much looking forward to it Big 'un. And we shall return the favor in spades :devil: .

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 12:06 PM
I knew what you were fishing for. It will be a good time for sure.:D

Texasfootball2
07-30-2008, 04:14 PM

Oct. 17 Cisco at Clyde

Kind of hard to believe that they could pick that many games and not at least pick "1" game from district 2 3A. Wylie, Brownwood, Snyder, Graham, Sweetwater. You could almost throw a dart at the district schedule and pick a game. Not to even mention some non district matchups, Ala, Wylie/LH , Brownwood/Burnet, Wylie/ Waco LV, Snyder/somebody? ect........... And Cisco/Clyde, are you kidding. There might be 2000 people at this game.

Lion_Addict
07-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Kind of hard to believe that they could pick that many games and not at least pick "1" game from district 2 3A. Wylie, Brownwood, Snyder, Graham, Sweetwater. You could almost throw a dart at the district schedule and pick a game. Not to even mention some non district matchups, Ala, Wylie/LH , Brownwood/Burnet, Wylie/ Waco LV, Snyder/somebody? ect........... And Cisco/Clyde, are you kidding. There might be 2000 people at this game.

Yeah, what he said..... :clap: :iagree: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
We're gonna feed ya turf, and lots of it. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: Nice!!!!!

Originally posted by Texasfootball2
There are still 2 games to be determined. :)

Bulligator
07-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Bellville will have played Caldwell, 4A Livington, and have an open week before they face Navasota.

Navasota will have played 4A Henderson, Palestine, and 2A Hearne.

With Navasota's returning strength, and Bellville's unknown factor, you would have to favor Navasota in this one at home.

As for the Bellville unknowns, the big one is who will be the quarterback. With the stable of returning running backs, he may only need to pitch out or hand it off.

KL3
07-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Bulligator, who may also be the QB if not Tallerine?