PDA

View Full Version : Got a puppy

Gsquared
07-30-2008, 07:18 AM
he's half Lab and half Dalmation. Vet told me to feed him this stuff called Royal Cannan or something like that. 3LB bag is almost $ 20 bucks. Any suggestions on cheaper but quality feed?

jason
07-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
he's half Lab and half Dalmation. Vet told me to feed him this stuff called Royal Cannan or something like that. 3LB bag is almost $ 20 bucks. Any suggestions on cheaper but quality feed? table scraps - if its good enough for you, its good enough for the dog...

Gsquared
07-30-2008, 08:14 AM
I gave him a t bone bone this morning. Only way to keep him occupied while I was getting ready for work. Everything you do he thinks you are playing, putting on your pants, he bites and tugs your pants, socks, shoes. He is wearing me out.

jason
07-30-2008, 08:28 AM
I gave him a t bone bone this morning. Only way to keep him occupied while I was getting ready for work. Everything you do he thinks you are playing, putting on your pants, he bites and tugs your pants, socks, shoes. He is wearing me out. just wait until he can start humping your leg when you're asleep on the couch....

post pics....

Looking4number8
07-30-2008, 08:48 AM
he's half Lab and half Dalmation. Vet told me to feed him this stuff called Royal Cannan or something like that. 3LB bag is almost $ 20 bucks. Any suggestions on cheaper but quality feed?

I have been sold on Diamond brand dog food. ( I use the High Energy one but my dogs are full grown).

Dont mean to make this a lenghty response but have to tell you my experience.

I had 2 Boxers and 2 Dauchaunds. I was using Kibbles and Bits and then a 40 lb bag cost me 12 bucks and lasted 5 days. Friend talked me into trying this food and with in a couple of weeks I could see a big improvement on how my dogs (especialy boxers) bodys looked. Also the more expensive dog food ended up costing me less. Then the Diamond foods was 15 dollars for 50 lbs and the dogs did not eat as much of it and a bag would last me two weeks. ( for any readers from 5A schools, the math is about a dollar a day instead of $2.25 a day ) Also the waste in your back yard is more solid with less smell and eaiser to keep picked up.

I know that is a lot more than you asked but that is my story. I still use the Diamond food and all my dogs still eat it very well. The cost is up to 20 bucks a bag, but worth every cent of it.

X21AAAPlayer
07-30-2008, 08:54 AM
I've used ol' roy dog food for over 8 years now and have never had a health concern with my lab. Beleive it or not you're going to miss him tugging on your socks when he grows up in a few years.

pirate4state
07-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Are you serious? :eek: A puppy is a BIG responsibility. Did you get him a kennel?

kaorder1999
07-30-2008, 12:14 PM
check into Blue Buffalo brand food

JR2004
07-30-2008, 02:32 PM

Quit drinking beer like it's water and you can afford it! :D

Gsquared
07-31-2008, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Quit drinking beer like it's water and you can afford it! :D
But I dont like water and I HAVE to replace lost fluids sir.

44INAROW
07-31-2008, 08:33 AM
We've had Rio on Pedigree since he was 6 weeks old. He's done fine. Now that he's getting up in age, we've got him on the mature dog formula. We've also started cutting down on the table scraps since we've noticed he has "stomach problems" more when he eats people food. (he used to love to eat broccoli and cabbage, funniest thing to watch him eat that):D