PDA

View Full Version : Tex traded again

eagles_victory
07-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Just heard the Atlanta Braves traded Mark Texieria to the LA Angels. The Braves got Kotchman and a pitcher dont understand this move for the Angels.

crzyjournalist03
07-29-2008, 05:22 PM
ouch for the Braves...they have a worse record since trading for Tex than the Rangers do since they moved him...now they're getting very little in return compared to what they gave up a year ago.

eagles_victory
07-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
ouch for the Braves...they have a worse record since trading for Tex than the Rangers do since they moved him...now they're getting very little in return compared to what they gave up a year ago. Kotchman has been one of the Halos best players but I agree with your assesment just goes to show going out and getting a big name at the trade deadline doesnt always work out.

JR2004
07-29-2008, 06:10 PM
A good trade for the Angels, but a very good trade for the Braves. Kotchman is eventually going to win a Gold Glove for his defense and within the next two years or so he should have a 30-35 homer season barring injury. When you combine defense with numbers like that you've got one of the best 4 or 5 first basemen in the game. Atlanta won all those division titles with pitching and defense and I think they've realized that's the way to go again if they want to get back to the playoffs.

PHS Wildcats
07-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Yea, My team really has done much since Ted Turner sold the team. And having a long of players on the DL isn't helping much either. As much as I'm going to miss Tex in our lineup I think it will help us in the long run.:(

eagles_victory
07-29-2008, 11:32 PM
If you remember the Rangers almost made a very similar deal with LAA last year at the deadline but went to Atlanta because they felt the Bravos had more to offer.

BwdLions
07-30-2008, 10:33 AM
I lost all respect for MT when he started whining and wanted to be traded from the Rangers. Every player wants to play on a winning team and eventually get a chance to play in the World Series. I didn't like the fact he was making really good money with the Rangers and then started acting like a baby about the team not winning more. He's not the ideal team player.

crzyjournalist03
07-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
If you remember the Rangers almost made a very similar deal with LAA last year at the deadline but went to Atlanta because they felt the Bravos had more to offer.

The deal then would have included Joe Saunders, Ervin Santana, or Nick Adenhart, and a minor league pitcher in addition to what the Braves got.