PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill and Celina - Let me see..

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rocket
07-29-2008, 10:22 AM
If I have this right as far as offense goes. It sounds to me that both of these teams run the ball 85% of the time (maybe more). Power running game (shove it down your throat).

Liberty Hill runs the Wing T, which is SIMPLE, and apparently can still be effective in 3A. Like chopping down a tree. Keep on swinging until you break the trunk. I am interested in seeing this because I LOVE the power run game. Brownwood ran it in the late 90's (Wishbone) and ran it quite well. Wing T doesn't fly in 4A and above. You may win some games, but better defenses will shut that stuff down.

I am not sure about Celina. I guess they run a 2 back set? I have gathered that they run the ball effectively as well and play great defense (which you have to do if you are going to run the ball the whole game.)

Just trying to get a good idea about whats coming this season.

LHexPlayer
07-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Liberty Hill runs 99% of the time. It's not the wingT but the Slot t. It will be something that Brownwood has never seen before. It will be very hard to prepare for it, because there is no good way to simulate Liberty Hill's offense. But since the wing T is so simple and you guys are Brownwood, it should be a cake walk. ;)

LH Panther Mom
07-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
But since the wing T is so simple and you guys are Brownwood, it should be a cake walk. ;)
That's what I was thinking. :devil:

clemsmarina
07-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah, it's a good thing LH doesn't run that Wing T, since it's so simple.

Must be the reason we run the "Nasty"!!!

Lion_Addict
07-29-2008, 10:52 AM
It's not the wingT but the Slot t. It will be something that Brownwood has never seen before.

Hmmmmmmm :thinking: . Something we've never seen before? Sure about that?? ;)

All out CAT
Boy that's going to be one BIG tree. Good luck to you. It may be SIMPLE, but man is going to be HARD to watch.

This is going to be exciting. Good thing I have my reserved seats!

lostaussie
Liberty Hill runs 99% of the time. in the last game they played, they came in at a smooth 100% of the time!!!!!!

BILLYFRED0000
07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
If I have this right as far as offense goes. It sounds to me that both of these teams run the ball 85% of the time (maybe more). Power running game (shove it down your throat).

Liberty Hill runs the Wing T, which is SIMPLE, and apparently can still be effective in 3A. Like chopping down a tree. Keep on swinging until you break the trunk. I am interested in seeing this because I LOVE the power run game. Brownwood ran it in the late 90's (Wishbone) and ran it quite well. Wing T doesn't fly in 4A and above. You may win some games, but better defenses will shut that stuff down.

I am not sure about Celina. I guess they run a 2 back set? I have gathered that they run the ball effectively as well and play great defense (which you have to do if you are going to run the ball the whole game.)

Just trying to get a good idea about whats coming this season.

No Celina runs about 70 30 run pass. We like play action and sprint outs and have close to 40 60 mix in yardage. Last year we had 1900 yards passing and a little over 5000 yards rushing.
We can throw the deep ball or we can pick you apart. This year our QB is great at throwing on the move and has very quick feet.
Could be the best running qb we have had in a while. Prbobably at least as good as Tune was. Seth was a good runner as well but I think Worrell will run a little better while not being quite as good a passer in all phases. But on the move he will be pretty darn good.
We use a multiple set offense from the spread to three men in the backfield. and lots of stuff in between.

All out CAT
07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
in the last game they played, they came in at a smooth 100% of the time!!!!!!

Experience give's an individual room to voice. I commend you!

LHexPlayer
07-29-2008, 11:02 AM
I guarantee you that the Brownwood players have never seen the slot t like Liberty Hill runs. I doubt another team in Texas runs it just like the panthers. We have been running it long enough and have played teams all over the state, to know that it is unique. I'm not coming on here and saying that Brownwood won't stop it. I'm just saying it is like nothing you have prepared for before.

LHexPlayer
07-29-2008, 11:06 AM
I agree about the analysis of Celina. They run lots of stuff. You had better stay on you toes when you play them. You never know what they will throw at you. Also Celina and Liberty Hill just play tough hard nosed football. They don't make many mistakes.

BILLYFRED0000
07-29-2008, 11:06 AM
I guarantee you that the Brownwood players have never seen the slot t like Liberty Hill runs. I doubt another team in Texas runs it just like the panthers. We have been running it long enough and have played teams all over the state, to know that it is unique. I'm not coming on here and saying that Brownwood won't stop it. I'm just saying it is like nothing you have prepared for before.
I will. Celina may be the only team to really slow yall down in the last two years.

Sweetwater Red
07-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Just a random question.

Sweetwater has run the ball about as frequently as Liberty Hill.
Last year we just flat out couldn't hold on to the ball. Does
Liberty Hill rarely fumble or do they have their fair share and
just cause the other team to have more when they(LH) are on
defense?

LHexPlayer
07-29-2008, 11:14 AM
We have our share of fumbles. Usually it's early in the season and then we get it fixed by district. Also we never hang our head. If we make a mistake our players don't walk off the field with their head down. We instantly put it behind us and the defense gets on the field. It might help that the defense is made up a different players so if a kid fumbles on offense it doesn't carry over to the defense any. Since Vance has been here we never seem to let adversity linger.

All out CAT
07-29-2008, 11:19 AM
If memory serves me right...

Gatesville did a "pretty good" job in slowing us down in the first quarter last year. The only thing they forgot is that it wasn't our only offense. We changed some things up, scored a few times on that and then went back to the "nasty". And from there, we all know how that whole thing turned out.

Then, along comes Navasota. They had seen, beat it, and it wasn't going to be an issue because it was just the same ol' thang. In the end Navasota was back on this board congradulating the panther's on the fine tuned machine.

Forgive me if I have things wrong, but I really don't think I'm getting too old.

Discalimer: The words in this message may not me exact, just paraphrasing.

BILLYFRED0000
07-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Just a random question.

Sweetwater has run the ball about as frequently as Liberty Hill.
Last year we just flat out couldn't hold on to the ball. Does
Liberty Hill rarely fumble or do they have their fair share and
just cause the other team to have more when they(LH) are on
defense?

They average 3 a game and recover some of the time. What helps is that they usually fumble in the back field while playing the shell game and gives them time to recover. They play the split d well and keep the other team's o off the field enough so that the second half begans to wear you down. If this sounds familiar to you Celina fans it is the way we work too. That is assuming that the other team is really good. If they are not the first half is the game and the second half is for next year.

Rocket
07-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Liberty Hill runs 99% of the time. It's not the wingT but the Slot t. It will be something that Brownwood has never seen before. It will be very hard to prepare for it, because there is no good way to simulate Liberty Hill's offense. But since the wing T is so simple and you guys are Brownwood, it should be a cake walk. ;)

Trust me, Brownwood will be more than ready for anything Liberty Hill has. The question is Will Liberty Hill be ready for Brownwood? I mean we suck right? You have a wake up call coming your way...

Keep saying words like cakewalk... I love it. As far as your "Slot T" offense, there is nothing is new under the sun, son... I do like that you run the ball 99% of the time. That should be interesting.

BobcatBenny
07-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Certainly Liberty Hill's offense can be slowed down, but it is brutal and in my opinion will just roll against the Lions.

Brownwood will not be able to keep up with the Panther's scoring.

My prediction is that Liberty Hill will not attempt more than two passes against Brownwood.

And unfortunately, if Celina makes it to the Semi Finals this season, Brownwood will not be the representative from Region 1. :eek:

waterboy
07-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Trust me, Brownwood will be more than ready for anything Liberty Hill has. The question is Will Liberty Hill be ready for Brownwood? I mean we suck right? You have a wake up call coming your way...

Keep saying words like cakewalk... I love it. As far as your "Slot T" offense, there is nothing is new under the sun, son... I do like that you run the ball 99% of the time. That should be interesting.
IF y'all have a REALLY good and disciplined defense it's possible that y'all can slow 'em down enough to stay in the game, but I don't think you understand what you will be up against. If in fact y'all have seen the Slot-T offense, I'm just wondering what team it was that ran it. One thing is for sure, though, they didn't run it as well as Liberty Hill does. I know someone will eventually stop it, and if it's y'all that's good, but I won't be a believer until I actually see it. While I was impressed by how well they ran their offense, I was more impressed with their defense. It's possible, but unlikely, that they will be a little down this year compared to last, which would give y'all a better chance at beating them. Maybe y'all can beat them, don't know for sure, but you'll have to do it to make believers out of us. We shall see! Good luck!

LHexPlayer
07-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Nobody said you sucked. I'm not trying to take anything away from you guys. I have all the respect for your history and winning tradition. I just stated facts. Just the facts. If they threaten you then that is your own insecurity. We too will be ready to play, just like we are for every team we play.

Brownwood is nothing special to us, you are just another team on a long list that is in our way. It's really just that simple. We don't expect you guys to lay down for us. Just don't expect us to lay down because you have moved down from 4a. Our boys don't care what classification you guys are or were. We are going to play football not matter what.

Sweetwater Red
07-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

And unfortunately, if Celina makes it to the Semi Finals this season, Brownwood will not be the representative from Region 1. :eek:

Well that only leaves Sweetwater, Snyder, or Vernon as possible
candidates to face Celina in the semi's.:thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
07-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Yes folks bw is good. Do not count them out. However I hope they stay a little cocky. LH will pound you.

Ranger Mom
07-29-2008, 01:56 PM
It just warms my heart to see Celina and Liberty Hill standing up for one another!!:p :p

navscanmaster
07-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by All out CAT
Then, along comes Navasota. They had seen (it) ...
Yeah, but just the basics of it (Caldwell - No H/Slot Back)

beat it...
Caldwell beat us 44-29. Canto had 260+ on us.

and it wasn't going to be an issue because it was just the same ol' thang....
I think after the Jasper game, we thought that our defense had finally showed it's capability, so we were thinking maybe we could hang in it long enough to maybe pull off a barn burner upset
:D Then came the first quarter.:(

In the end Navasota was back on this board congratulating the Panther's on the fine tuned machine.
Class trumps ass always :p

Discalimer: The words in this message may not me exact, just paraphrasing.

Duly noted:D

STANG RED
07-29-2008, 02:18 PM

LOL Rocket you get so defensive so quick that you dont read and comprahend very well. If you'll go back to the post you were replying to, and read it slow and carefully, you'll see that you completely misread it. Now set back, take a deep breath, have a nice cool drink, and try it again.;)

Ranger Mom
07-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
LOL Rocket you get so defensive so quick that you dont read and comprahend very well.

That is what makes his posts so darn fun to read though!!:p :p

Sweetwater Red
07-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That is what makes his posts so darn fun to read though!!:p :p

I enjoy going back and trying to figure out what and how he
could possibly misunderstand the context of the post that
lights his fuse.:doh:

Ranger Mom
07-29-2008, 02:38 PM

:ditto: :iagree:

LHexPlayer
07-29-2008, 02:40 PM
I encrypted a harsh insult to all of Brownwood. ;)

BILLYFRED0000
07-29-2008, 02:49 PM
I ( hate bw) did it (hate bw) subliminally.

Rocket
07-29-2008, 03:15 PM

"But since the wing T is so simple and you guys are Brownwood, it should be a cake walk. "

I guess I read this wrong.... I read it as the offense doesn't need to be advanced to whip Brownwood, basically it will be a cakewalk for Liberty Hill??? or Brownwood? Not real clear here..He took OFFENSE to me calling LH's offense simple...which if it is a running offense, it probably is....as compared to a multiple set spread offense with motion, trips, quads, and twins.....

And where did I say Liberty Hill is not good or that we were going to cakewalk them? I fear a good power run game more than a good passing game. You live and die by the pass. The run has to be stopped.

celinaorange
07-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Brownwood has nothing to prove in the world of Texas high school football. They have already established the fact that they have tradition and a very solid football program. History proves that. Liberty Hill is in the early stages of establishing tradition and and a established historical football program. I respect both programs, but as previously stated, one is already established and proven over time to be consistent. The other has a few more seasons to prove constant consistency. Brownwood will give Liberty Hill all they want and then some. If Liberty Hill dominates Brownwood, then they will be well on their way to a consistent and historical football program. And this is just one person's opinion that each of us are entitled to.

celinaorange
07-29-2008, 03:20 PM
In my previous post sorry for the (and, and) in sentence 4. Did not major in english.

Rocket
07-29-2008, 03:21 PM
I will be at the Brownwood/LH game, just sucks that we have to play in a 1A Stadium. How much money do ya'll lose a season and how come we don't play somewhere neutral where everybody can SIT DOWN?

Rocket
07-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by celinaorange
Brownwood has nothing to prove in the world of Texas high school football. They have already established the fact that they have tradition and a very solid football program. History proves that. Liberty Hill is in the early stages of establishing tradition and and a established historical football program. I respect both programs, but as previously stated, one is already established and proven over time to be consistent. The other has a few more seasons to prove constant consistency. Brownwood will give Liberty Hill all they want and then some. If Liberty Hill dominates Brownwood, then they will be well on their way to a consistent and historical football program. And this is just one person's opinion that each of us are entitled to.

Finally! A voice of reason in the wildnerness!

LHexPlayer
07-29-2008, 03:24 PM
It's a substandard 2a stadium at worst. Thank you very much. And we are playing there and not a neutral site just to piss you off.

celinaorange
07-29-2008, 03:25 PM
And besides that , I am almost 71 and probably beginning to lose it ( whatever it is). If per chance you should find it, bring it back to me in Celina. Just ask for Pap, and most anybody will tell you where I live. (other than all of the new city folks that are taking us over).

pirate4state
07-29-2008, 03:29 PM
I will be at the Brownwood/LH game, just sucks that we have to play in a 1A Stadium. How much money do ya'll lose a season and how come we don't play somewhere neutral where everybody can SIT DOWN?

I fear a paintball marketing 101 flashback coming on. :D

Rocket
07-29-2008, 03:38 PM
It's a substandard 2a stadium at worst. Thank you very much. And we are playing there and not a neutral site just to piss you off.

Figures. Build a real stadium. Not like you don't have any money over there. You see the more seats you have the more money you make on tickets. It is an easy concept. LOL I will show up early and sit on the homeside. Heck, I might sit in the press box, if you have one.

Silverback 04
07-29-2008, 03:40 PM

Relax Rocket. Besides there is a rumor that we are going to add another 30 seats for that game. Unfortunately, they'll be behind the railroad tracks so....Bring a chair!

Rocket
07-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Just think...I was commenting on how much I liked your offenses...and look where we are... I give up.

I wouldn't be surprised if we bring more people than LH. ;)

LHexPlayer
07-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Seriously, I wish we could build a new one. It is what it is. We still sell tickets no matter if they get a seat or not. We usually have lots of people standing around. We hate it too. You won't be the first one to not like it and you won't be the last. I suggest to get there early. Usaully on the visitors side you can get a seat if you get there early.

LHexPlayer
07-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Rocket I wouldn't be suprised either. Your town is huge compared to us. We don't really have a town. It's very small. Our town looks like a 1a town.

Ranger Mom
07-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Just think...I was commenting on how much I liked your offenses...and look where we are... I give up.

That would be a sight to see!! I have attended 3 LH games and their side was packed....oh yeah, and did I mention LOUD!!:eek: :eek:

pirate4state
07-29-2008, 03:54 PM
That would be a sight to see!! I have attended 3 LH games and their side was packed....oh yeah, and did I mention LOUD!!:eek: :eek:

I was at the Cuero/LH game last year and let me tell you something -- it was JAM PACKED! :eek: We went down at half time to try and meet up with the Cuero folks, but we could hardly muscle our way through the crowds of people STANDING everywhere. We finally gave up and just went back to our seats and picked up gobbla2001 on the way. LOL

clemsmarina
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM

Yeah....tell us something we don't already know!!!

Sometimes I think we have more travel fans than we do at home.

BILLYFRED0000
07-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by celinaorange
And besides that , I am almost 71 and probably beginning to lose it ( whatever it is). If per chance you should find it, bring it back to me in Celina. Just ask for Pap, and most anybody will tell you where I live. (other than all of the new city folks that are taking us over).

Hey they aint takin us over yet Pap...... it has slowed down a lot this last year or so.

LH Panther Mom
07-29-2008, 04:16 PM
I will be at the Brownwood/LH game, just sucks that we have to play in a 1A Stadium. How much money do ya'll lose a season and how come we don't play somewhere neutral where everybody can SIT DOWN? Very few in Liberty Hill SIT DOWN, and that is by our choice. :)

DDBooger
07-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Very few in Liberty Hill SIT DOWN sux for short people :)

CHSVARSITYDAD
07-29-2008, 04:18 PM
It doesnt matter if your Brownwood or someone else until you watch it from the field or stands. We won in our house and got whipped in their's. The bad part is the game film early saturday morning when 75% of the time your chasing a decoy.A dark purple sweaty jersey and a dark ball had me watching the backfield when the ball was going to the house. Man I love watching them play,maybe when my son is done I can catch a Celina game! LH by 10

LH Panther Mom
07-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
sux for short people :)
Short people stand on the seats. :D

All out CAT
07-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Rocket I wouldn't be suprised either. Your town is huge compared to us. We don't really have a town. It's very small. Our town looks like a 1a town.

Yea, but at least some 1a towns have a square. Hell, how are we supposed to have a stadium when we can't even fix up our "loop". For you outsider's that IS our town.

All the money in Liberty Hill and we can't get a new stadium. Now we're going to be set back further because of all of those "money-guys" are going to get a little bit tighter because the drive into Austin is getting more expensive.

Rocket
07-29-2008, 04:21 PM
I am looking forward to the LH game. It has been a while since we have had a game on our schedule like this.We haven't played Stephenville in 2 years. With that said, we have a heck of a schedule and a bunch of big games and that is before district.

;)

orange machine
07-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Our fans in Celina dont sit to much either. Its awsome when the boys coming running out from underneath the bleachers and through the tunnel with all the smoke and a long victory line the boys run through aswell with the air horn going crazy. Dang im fired up and ready.

BILLYFRED0000
07-29-2008, 04:23 PM
I am looking forward to the LH game. It has been a while since we have had a game on our schedule like this.We haven't played Stephenville in 2 years. With that said, we have a heck of a schedule and a bunch of big games and that is before district.

;)

NO doubt ya'll will have some fun this year. I wish it was not so far to drive. I would love to see bw play. haven't had that chance since Gordon was there.

LHexPlayer
07-29-2008, 04:24 PM
We too have a heck of a schedule. And I still wish we had Cuero on there instead of Manor. It will make both Brownwood and Liberty Hill better in the end. I also wouldn't be suprised if we play each other again in the playoffs. This is going to be one interesting year.

LH Panther Mom
07-29-2008, 04:25 PM
It just warms my heart to see Celina and Liberty Hill standing up for one another!!:p :p
Don't look at me! :p

And I still say that "history and tradition and blah blah blah" doesn't mean diddly squat when it comes to what goes down on a Friday night. :)

orange machine
07-29-2008, 04:32 PM
I think you might be wrong there. Our boys have a winning tradition and they know what is expected of them and that is to win. Our boys will not ever tell you they are going to get beat. Our coach said it the best right here on the downlow radio show. You can line us up against the Dallas Cowboys and we expect to win. So i think tradition plays a big part in your teams succses

cameron91
07-29-2008, 04:35 PM
the reason why noone hasn't stop LH Slot T is, b/c defense coord. refuse to change their style of D when they play LH. Not sayin anyone could , but LH will kill you from the outside in. so if you take away the outside by putting your DE in the 9 position you may slow'em down. but sometimes you need to go back to that old school D. 5-2 and hope you CB and safties does'nt get caught lookin in..I've seen 5 teams play LH over last 3 yrs each team had their d- ends in the 7 position and LH TIGHT ENDS and Tackles knocked their butts off the ball the whole game.not saying this will stop yall but at least take the outside run away from them.

Hill Man
07-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Short people stand on the seats. :D

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=143

click the link.. the pic is the home side..
Small for a state caliber program yes.. but the atmosphere on game day is magical..

Rocket
07-29-2008, 04:49 PM
And I still say that "history and tradition and blah blah blah" doesn't mean diddly squat when it comes to what goes down on a Friday night. :) [/B]

You are SO right about that. BUT, it doesn't hurt either. Don't expect you to understand it. I mean Brownwood sucks, all we have is tradition and history... ha ha

DDBooger
07-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Hill Man
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=143
.. but the atmosphere on game day is magical..
i can imagine will ferrell saying this and it made me laugh haha i bet you all get a lil crazy

LHexPlayer
that's an old picture. We have somehow doubled that. Your right the atmosphere is great. Packed and on big games lawn chairs around the track.

Hill Man
Originally posted by cameron91
the reason why noone hasn't stop LH Slot T is, b/c defense coord. refuse to change their style of D when they play LH. Not sayin anyone could , but LH will kill you from the outside in. so if you take away the outside by putting your DE in the 9 position you may slow'em down. but sometimes you need to go back to that old school D. 5-2 and hope you CB and safties does'nt get caught lookin in..I've seen 5 teams play LH over last 3 yrs each team had their d- ends in the 7 position and LH TIGHT ENDS and Tackles knocked their butts off the ball the whole game.not saying this will stop yall but at least take the outside run away from them.

stop the outside.. we bust the inside then outside opens back up...:cool:

Rocket
07-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Somebody said on here that the home side is loud? LOL
Try putting about 4 of the Liberty Hill Home Side stands together and you'll have Stephenville. The difference is Sville is FULL of people that have been sitting there since 9AM the day of the game...Now that is loud...We are no stranger to hostile situations...

LHexPlayer
07-29-2008, 04:55 PM

LH Panther Mom
07-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I think you might be wrong there. Our boys have a winning tradition and they know what is expected of them and that is to win. Our boys will not ever tell you they are going to get beat. Our coach said it the best right here on the downlow radio show. You can line us up against the Dallas Cowboys and we expect to win. So i think tradition plays a big part in your teams succses I guess I needed to spell it out. Even without eleventy-three years of history/tradition/whateveryouwantocallit, our boys do expect to win. I've said it for 2 years, starting before we played Celina - the Panthers are not intimidated by all that. You'll have to bring more to the Hill than that.

orange machine
07-29-2008, 05:51 PM
I guess I needed to spell it out. Even without eleventy-three years of history/tradition/whateveryouwantocallit, our boys do expect to win. I've said it for 2 years, starting before we played Celina - the Panthers are not intimidated by all that. You'll have to bring more to the Hill than that.

Sorry didnt mean to upset you. Man you must have had a bad day.:stirpot:

LH Panther Mom
07-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Sorry didnt mean to upset you. Man you must have had a bad day.:stirpot:
:p Not upset at all.

duckpluck
07-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Well if its packed you can always fire up your PC and listen to the game on www.kmacsports.com

Rocket - I have been around the game a long time and even talked to many of the opponents coaches. They dont know how to stop it. They try to limit the damage.
It is an extremely impressive offense. I was a huge fan of the spread until I began covering and watching the Panthers. I was on the sidelines one night when they were playing the #1 state ranked team, Manor a couple of years ago. The Manor players were literally yelling who has the ball on the field. It is very confusing to keep up with.
In the offense, barring turnovers, the Panthers will score. You will have to outscore them. Your defense will not stop it unless the Panthers shoot themselves in the foot. The way to beat them is to ourscore them. The reason LH has won the state championship the past two years is because of defense, not the offense.
If the defense is good this year, a state run is not out of the question. If they struggle, some teams can come up and steal a win. Last year the defense I dont think ever gave up more than 2 touchdowns which is why it was so hard to beat them.
IN the playoffs the past two years, just about every team the Panthers played were faster, stronger, and bigger. I would look at the players of the other team and say to myself, OH NO. We are in trouble. And the pesky Panthers would come out and systematically put a whopping on them. Darndest thing I have ever seen in high school football.

It should be a great game. I am looking forward to it. By the way, dont think the press box is the best place to be. Once you see it you wont want to be up there either. There is no room up there either.

As far as the Stadium, all of us football fans in LH want a new stadium but for now thats all we have. Not looking like we will get one anytime soon. There are a lot more factors as to why LH does not get a new one or renovate at this time than reach the eye.

I am just so happy that we are talking football and not the Tour de France, or a TV show, or where to eat. Jeez.

WOO HOO - practice starts next week.

Rocket
07-29-2008, 06:56 PM
I guess I needed to spell it out. Even without eleventy-three years of history/tradition/whateveryouwantocallit, our boys do expect to win. I've said it for 2 years, starting before we played Celina - the Panthers are not intimidated by all that. You'll have to bring more to the Hill than that.

Why would anybody be intimidated by all that? Line up and play ball. Trust me, Liberty Hill will not even come close to intimidating Brownwood. Brownwood is used to the target and used to having to bring it every Friday night.

Just be glad you got home first.

Hated by most, respected by all.
;)

Rocket
07-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by duckpluck
Well if its packed you can always fire up your PC and listen to the game on www.kmacsports.com

Rocket - I have been around the game a long time and even talked to many of the opponents coaches. They dont know how to stop it. They try to limit the damage.
It is an extremely impressive offense. I was a huge fan of the spread until I began covering and watching the Panthers. I was on the sidelines one night when they were playing the #1 state ranked team, Manor a couple of years ago. The Manor players were literally yelling who has the ball on the field. It is very confusing to keep up with.
In the offense, barring turnovers, the Panthers will score. You will have to outscore them. Your defense will not stop it unless the Panthers shoot themselves in the foot. The way to beat them is to ourscore them. The reason LH has won the state championship the past two years is because of defense, not the offense.
If the defense is good this year, a state run is not out of the question. If they struggle, some teams can come up and steal a win. Last year the defense I dont think ever gave up more than 2 touchdowns which is why it was so hard to beat them.
IN the playoffs the past two years, just about every team the Panthers played were faster, stronger, and bigger. I would look at the players of the other team and say to myself, OH NO. We are in trouble. And the pesky Panthers would come out and systematically put a whopping on them. Darndest thing I have ever seen in high school football.

It should be a great game. I am looking forward to it. By the way, dont think the press box is the best place to be. Once you see it you wont want to be up there either. There is no room up there either.

As far as the Stadium, all of us football fans in LH want a new stadium but for now thats all we have. Not looking like we will get one anytime soon. There are a lot more factors as to why LH does not get a new one or renovate at this time than reach the eye.

I am just so happy that we are talking football and not the Tour de France, or a TV show, or where to eat. Jeez.

WOO HOO - practice starts next week.

Thanks for some real information. FINALLY!

Oh so it is a circus act offense? Well the staff at Brownwood has seen one of those before. Art Briles is one of the best. If i know Brownwood, they are already watching game film. ;) I can imagine it will be quite hard to follow. That is what sucks about running that type of offense. It is like the starburst in the backfield every play. Cool. Maybe it will be a barn burner. We'll see.

duckpluck
07-29-2008, 07:02 PM
It will be two teams not intimidated.

Like I said it will be a great game and should be the game of the week.

duckpluck
07-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Yeah but you never know what flavor Starburst you will get on each play. It may be lemon.

cameron91
07-29-2008, 07:12 PM
one thing people is over lookin about LH is the big HAWGS up front.in order to run over people like they way they due , you have to have a O-Line thats doesn't mind gettin down and dirty.their line isn't huge but quick as a rabbit. I've seen their guards pull and come around the corner full spead layin db and lb flat out.that what happen when you run a 3-4 or 4-3 against them. you have too many gaps open inside and their TE and tackles open whole up anybody can run threw. you have to match up you d-line with their o-line..5 on 5 .. then that when you have to cheat a little bit . your nose guard will have to tackel the center on ever play to keep him off your linebackers.that what crockett , elgin and smithville did to us. they use the nose guard to tackel our center the whole game and it shut out running game down. we did the same thing to sealy in 90 and we shut their running game down. but this is just wishfull thinkin and alot of day dreamin can do for you when you have nothin to do..

bwdlionfan
07-29-2008, 07:13 PM
What type of defense does LH run? Do they blitz much, etc?

LHexPlayer
07-29-2008, 07:15 PM
I would think that in the last 6 years we have seen every defense you can think of.

LH Panther Mom
07-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
What type of defense does LH run? Do they blitz much, etc?
Split-6 I think is what it's called. We might blitz a little. ;)

bwdlionfan
07-29-2008, 07:30 PM

How many spread teams did LH face last year?

LHexPlayer
07-29-2008, 07:32 PM
doesn't everyone run the spread now. Not sure maybe all of them.

LH Panther Mom
07-29-2008, 07:41 PM
How many spread teams did LH face last year?
Heck if I know! :D I know Gilmer runs the spread & probably most of the others. Cuero runs option, I think?

bwdlionfan
07-29-2008, 07:42 PM

Is a split 6 where you put 6 guys on the left side of the field and 6 on the right? no wonder you guys are so good.....

LH Panther Mom
07-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Is a split 6 where you put 6 guys on the left side of the field and 6 on the right? no wonder you guys are so good.....
:thinking: :thinking: Yes, that sounds right!

orange machine
07-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Man i wish this game was played on saturday. We play in Temple on that friday i would just drive my happy self down to the Hill and watch this game

bobcat1
07-29-2008, 09:53 PM
YAWN!!!!!!

Daddy D 11
07-29-2008, 11:23 PM
i love this:) every single game, every single year we hear the same thing.

2 years ago it was crockett,giddings, and celina.
last year it was carthage,navasota and gilmer.
apparantly we had never seen anything like these teams..
and it always ended the same way:D

Brownwood smells alot like like the Gilmer of last year. All that D1 talent, all that tradition and all that hype. Too bad they've never seen the slot t..its going to be a fun night:devil:

navscanmaster
07-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

You forgot Pleasanton and Nick "the Panther killer" Salinas from last year.:devil: :stirpot:

clemsmarina
07-30-2008, 08:33 AM
Thanks for some real information. FINALLY!

Oh so it is a circus act offense? Well the staff at Brownwood has seen one of those before. Art Briles is one of the best. If i know Brownwood, they are already watching game film. ;) I can imagine it will be quite hard to follow. That is what sucks about running that type of offense. It is like the starburst in the backfield every play. Cool. Maybe it will be a barn burner. We'll see.

Yep, it's a circus act alright....clowns included.

They lead the conditioning program for us too. Gassers are the favorite!!!

BILLYFRED0000
07-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
Yep, it's a circus act alright....clowns included.

They lead the conditioning program for us too. Gassers are the favorite!!!

I like the whoopee cushions myself.

Necks_Fan
07-30-2008, 01:06 PM
:thinking: :thinking: Yes, that sounds right! 6 on each side of the field would give you guys 12 defensive players.

Hint: That's why he said no wonder you guys are so good.

;) :thinking:

Rocket
07-30-2008, 02:05 PM

Brownwood smells alot like like the Gilmer of last year. All that D1 talent, all that tradition and all that hype. Too bad they've never seen the slot t..its going to be a fun night:devil:

We've seen the Slot T. Don't go giving yourself too much credit. Denton Ryan in 2003. And no, you are no Denton Ryan of 2003. Don't even try it. It's nothing but a motion offense with 2 RB"s and a slot running from one side to the other. It's a circus act. I respect Celina alot more than LH. At least they line up and run over you instead of tricking you. LOL... give me a break.

Gilmer? Who is Gilmer? Are they another one of those overhyped 3A's like LH?

Sweetwater Red
07-30-2008, 02:10 PM

So two teams that have won their share of 3A state titles are
overhyped in your opinion? We'll keep that in mind if Brownwood
ever wins one.:thinking:

Necks_Fan
07-30-2008, 02:10 PM
We've seen the Slot T. Don't go giving yourself too much credit. Denton Ryan in 2003. And no, you are no Denton Ryan of 2003. Don't even try it. It's nothing but a motion offense with 2 RB"s and a slot running from one side to the other. It's a circus act. I respect Celina alot more than LH. At least they line up and run over you instead of tricking you. LOL... give me a break.

Gilmer? Who is Gilmer? Are they another one of those overhyped 3A's like LH? Oh , I can't wait til Brownwood loses. Oh how sweet that day will be.

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
6 on each side of the field would give you guys 12 defensive players.

Hint: That's why he said no wonder you guys are so good.

;) :thinking: Ya think???? I was wondering who was going to think I was that clueless.

Rocket
07-30-2008, 02:15 PM
So two teams that have won their share of 3A state titles are
overhyped in your opinion? We'll keep that in mind if Brownwood
ever wins one.:thinking:

Not in my opinion...in his opinion. He basically said Gilmer was overhyped... I just returned the favor back to him. Funny how everybody is against anything I say.

And you wonder why I take offense? ha ha

Sweetwater...not even in the conversation as a top 15, so don't worry about the big dogs...ok?

Rocket
07-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Oh , I can't wait til Brownwood loses. Oh how sweet that day will be.

Won't be the first time and surely won't be the last.
We shouldn't even show up and play. I mean you won a state championship last season and we are overhyped. Let's just save the gas money and mark it up as win.

Wow, you are a cocky guy....so arrogant to think that you are the only team that runs that circus offense and that WE HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE YOU. Sorry if I am not impressed by LH like everybody else is. Just another BUMP in the road as far as I am concerned. And if we lose? doen't really matter... you aren't in our district and it isn't a playoff game...and it is tough to beat a team twice in the same season. Well a good team, that is..

Necks_Fan
07-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Ya think???? I was wondering who was going to think I was that clueless. Ok. Lol. I figured you knew that but you went right along with it. Lol.

Ya got me, or I got you, or something. Either way, I thought it flew right over your head. Lol.

Guess it went over mine instead.:doh:

Sweetwater Red
07-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Not in my opinion...in his opinion. He basically said Gilmer was overhyped... I just returned the favor back to him. Funny how everybody is against anything I say.

And you wonder why I take offense? ha ha

Sweetwater...not even in the conversation as a top 15, so don't worry about the big dogs...ok?

He was talking about Gilmer last year. Then YOU brought up
Liberty Hill being overhyped..after they've won two straight
titles.:doh:

Big Dogs? You have to actually make the playoffs in your
classification to even be considered don't you? Sweetwater
played twelve football games last year. How many did Brownwood
play?:thinking:

Lion_Addict
07-30-2008, 02:33 PM
He was talking about Gilmer last year. Then YOU brought up
Liberty Hill being overhyped..after they've won two straight
titles.:doh:

Big Dogs? You have to actually make the playoffs in your
classification to even be considered don't you? Sweetwater
played twelve football games last year. How many did Brownwood
play?:thinking:

Do you seriously want to bring up last season again???? :hand: :devil:

Necks_Fan
07-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Do you seriously want to bring up last season again???? :hand: :devil: Lol. Haha.:1popcorn:

I hate to say it, but :iagree:

Rocket
07-30-2008, 02:40 PM
This is fun. :nerd:

I hope verybody on here knows that when I hit Submit Reply that I have a big fat huge grin on my face..sometimes I laugh.

:inlove:

pirate4state
07-30-2008, 02:41 PM

HAHAHA greatness :clap: :D

Sweetwater Red
07-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Do you seriously want to bring up last season again???? :hand: :devil:

Do you mean when ya'll beat up on a 3A school after they beat
you the year before?:thinking:

All last year did was improve ya'lls record to 6-18 against Sweetwater.:doh:

Necks_Fan
07-30-2008, 03:03 PM

All last year did was improve ya'lls record to 6-18 against Sweetwater.:doh: Sweetwater owns Brownwood, but last year was UGLY and it might be 7-18 in a worse way this year.

I don't really know though.

Rocket
07-30-2008, 03:05 PM

All last year did was improve ya'lls record to 6-18 against Sweetwater.:doh:

You are the one that brought up last season. We have been playing with 3A numbers for 2 seasons (the difference is you got to compete in 3A and the UIL kept us in 4A). That is the only reason we scheduled 3A's. As far as last season, we didn't beat up on you...we beat you so bad that the overall record you are so proud of should read 100-18 in favor of Brownwood. We beat you so bad it took care of the past, present, and future. That butt whoopin' set your program back about 20 years. Nice try...

wah wah wah wah...

Sweetwater Red
07-30-2008, 03:11 PM
You are the one that brought up last season. We have been playing with 3A numbers for 2 seasons (the difference is you got to compete in 3A and the UIL kept us in 4A). That is the only reason we scheduled 3A's. As far as last season, we didn't beat up on you...we beat you so bad that the overall record you are so proud of should read 100-18 in favor of Brownwood. We beat you so bad it took care of the past, present, and future. Nice try...

wah wah wah wah...

I'm on another thread admitting we will probably lose two
Wylie and Brownwood. Try to keep up. :thumbsup:

Dogman_1969
07-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
Relax Rocket. Besides there is a rumor that we are going to add another 30 seats for that game. Unfortunately, they'll be behind the railroad tracks so....Bring a chair!

Hey now that's the seats that LHill Panther Mom sold the Rockdale contingent last season. We plan to sell those on game night for $500 each........ Not scalping or anything but the Tigers play that Thursday night at WISD against Midland Christian and we plan to make that game on the Hill........................

Lion_Addict
07-30-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm on another thread admitting we will probably lose two
Wylie and Brownwood. Try to keep up. :thumbsup:

Yeah....you're right; yawl will lose to Brownwood, but come on man....I would love to see yawl whip Wylie's hind parts ;) :D

Daddy D 11
07-30-2008, 03:59 PM

since when is 24 straight wins and back to back titles overhyped? :thinking:

oh, and you have no idea about our offense, its very obvious.

Sweetwater Red
07-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah....you're right; yawl will lose to Brownwood, but come on man....I would love to see yawl whip Wylie's hind parts ;) :D

Well Coach Jackson started out 2-1 against Coach Sandifer and
is 0 for 4 since.:(

And while we did turn the ball 7-8 times against Brownwood...
55-7 is still 55-7.:(

ronwx5x
07-30-2008, 04:13 PM
I love all this witty repartee!

repartee Definition
rep·ar·tee (rep′är tē′, -tā′)

noun

a quick, witty reply
a series of such rejoinders
skill in making witty replies
Etymology: Fr repartie, fem. pp. of repartir, to return quickly a thrust or a blow, reply

:wave: :stirpot: :taunt: :blahblah:

Rocket
07-30-2008, 04:20 PM
since when is 24 straight wins and back to back titles overhyped? :thinking:

oh, and you have no idea about our offense, its very obvious.

Trust me. I have seen it work. It is a circus act. It's weenie football. It's "let's trick 'em" football. You probably have a slot run across as the ball is being hiked and you are faking here and there. Probably a triple option most of the time, hoping that the defense chases the wrong player. It is very deceptive. It's a gimic offense.

ronwx5x
07-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Trust me. I have seen it work. It is a circus act. It's weenie football. It's "let's trick 'em" football. You probably have a slot run across as the ball is being hiked and you are faking here and there. Probably a triple option most of the time, hoping that the defense chases the wrong player. It is very deceptive. It's a gimic offense.

A"gimmick offense" that won two state championships! Come on now, you are damaging the little credibility you had built up. It's OK to be cocky, arrogant, and loud, just don't be ignorant.

Daddy D 11
07-30-2008, 04:26 PM

just ask your dline after the game if its a gimic offense, they'll be beggin to get off the field come 4th quarter.

espn1
07-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Trust me. I have seen it work. It is a circus act. It's weenie football. It's "let's trick 'em" football. You probably have a slot run across as the ball is being hiked and you are faking here and there. Probably a triple option most of the time, hoping that the defense chases the wrong player. It is very deceptive. It's a gimic offense. What the hell are you talking about. A W is a W. Gimic Offense???? That on my Top 10 of the most stupid posts I've ever read.:confused: :confused: :confused:

PS. An A$$ whippen is an A$$ whippen. Even if I call it spanking your little bottom.

BILLYFRED0000
07-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by espn1
What the hell are you talking about. A W is a W. Gimic Offense???? That on my Top 10 of the most stupid posts I've ever read.:confused: :confused: :confused:

PS. An A$$ whippen is an A$$ whippen. Even if I call it spanking your little bottom.

For all you know he may have a big fat bottom......:eek:

Necks_Fan
07-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
For all you know he may have a big fat bottom......:eek: Lol.

:fnypost:

trojan37
07-30-2008, 04:39 PM
the slot T has been used by many teams for many years. As the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I think B-Wood is just scared because they don't know how they will stop it. I would take this offense over all the pass happy crap that goes on now. Smash mouth, run it up the gut football-I love it.

Daddy D 11
07-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
the slot T has been used by many teams for many years. As the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I think B-Wood is just scared because they don't know how they will stop it. I would take this offense over all the pass happy crap that goes on now. Smash mouth, run it up the gut football-I love it.
me too! i think more people are beginning to like it too not bc of its success but bc of the rarity that it is. 95% of teams now run some type of a spread, to watch LH do what it does is awesome

BILLYFRED0000
07-30-2008, 04:52 PM
me too! i think more people are beginning to like it too not bc of its success but bc of the rarity that it is. 95% of teams now run some type of a spread, to watch LH do what it does is awesome

It is fun. We played 7 or 8 spread teams last year and it was kinda fun but a lot of repitition. Love watchin LH and the slot. Just don't see that kind of running game that often.

espn1
07-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
It is fun. We played 7 or 8 spread teams last year and it was kinda fun but a lot of repitition. Love watchin LH and the slot. Just don't see that kind of running game that often. Nothing lasts forever, LH is winding down. Just a prediction. Enjoy this season while it's here. Here today gone tomorrow!

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 04:57 PM
I can't wait for this season to start.

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 05:08 PM
I think it's a gimmick. There is nothing wrong with that. Results are what matter. We run the Slot T and we run it well. I feel we have the right to say we might run it better than anyone in the state. Most teams can't stop it because they have never seen it. They cannot prepare for it because it is completely foreign to them. I see no reason why Brownwood would be the team that can do better than any other team. Sure they have trophies. So do we. Big deal!!!

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2008, 05:18 PM
I mean you won a state championship last season and we are overhyped.

Okay, you can make fun of our "gimmick" offense for now all you want, but I'm going to draw the line at this. :tongue: Necks_fan is NOT from Liberty Hill, and we won't claim him. :p

Necks_Fan
07-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Okay, you can make fun of our "gimmick" offense for now all you want, but I'm going to draw the line at this. :tongue: Necks_fan is NOT from Liberty Hill, and we won't claim him. :p Hey, wait, what do I have to do with this?

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Hey, wait, what do I have to do with this?
Look at his post that I quoted where he says "YOU won state last year" talking to you. ;)

DDBooger
07-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Hey, wait, what do I have to do with this?
she's been lit, back away...
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/Fisson/jamie/11%2019%2005/34068.jpg

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Rocket- It's funny how you say a wing t (what you thought we ran) will not work in 4a and above. You said that in the original post.
Then you say that you have seen it all before and that Denton Ryan ran the slot t in 2003. And when I look back I see that Denton Ryan lost to La Marque in the state championship game and was 14-2 on the year. It seems to me it can work at that level too. Oh and I just watched some footage from that game. And Denton Ryan runs nothing that looks like a slot t. Nice job Rocket. I hope you are coaching the Lions.

bwdlionfan
07-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Rocket- It's funny how you say a wing t (what you thought we ran) will not work in 4a and above. You said that in the original post.
Then you say that you have seen it all before and that Denton Ryan ran the slot t in 2003. And when I look back I see that Denton Ryan lost to La Marque in the state championship game and was 14-2 on the year. It seems to me it can work at that level too. Oh and I just watched some footage from that game. And Denton Ryan runs nothing that looks like a slot t. Nice job Rocket. I hope you are coaching the Lions.

Denton Ryan put in an entirely new offense for the Brownwood game. They didn't run a slot T all year long, and honestly I don't remember if what they ran in the game against Brownwood was a Slot T or not, but it wasn't anything like what they'd play up until then. At that game, Brownwood was 11-0, Denton Ryan was 10-1 (having lost to Ennis and they got their revenge on Ennis later in the playoffs). The Denton Ryan coaching staff completely surprised Brownwood with new schemes on both sides of the ball in that game, plus our all everything QB that year reinjured his shoulder he'd seperated two weeks earlier and came out of the game. Needless to say, we didn't score many points, Ryan didn't score a lot either, but they scored enough to beat us.

DDBooger
07-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Denton Ryan ran the spread, youtube the 2003 state championship game.

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 05:43 PM
yep...but Rocket knows best.

bwdlionfan
07-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Denton Ryan ran the spread, youtube the 2003 state championship game.

Reread my post above, Ryan was not in the same offense against Brownwood they ran all year long. We did not see the spread that day at Texas Stadium.

Rocket
07-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
A"gimmick offense" that won two state championships! Come on now, you are damaging the little credibility you had built up. It's OK to be cocky, arrogant, and loud, just don't be ignorant.

Gimmick: an important feature that is not immediately apparent : catch b: an ingenious and usually new scheme or angle

In 2003, we played Denton Ryan and guess what they mixed into their scheme that they had not run at all until they played us... You got it.. the Slot T or some variation of it and it threw us off. They scored 2 TD's off of it against us. I know it is a good offense. But to act like LH invented it and that nobody is ready for it or can stop it is ignorant in itself. It is almost outlandish. I am sure LH will have some success and put points on the board.

BTW, You didn't say anything about the circus offense statement..so I guess you agree... ha ha

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 05:48 PM
So we are suppose to believe that Ryan put in the slot t just for you guys? And because of that game Brownwood will be ready to play a team that runs the slot t to perfection. Not saying that is what you are trying to tell us. Would like to hear from Rocket on this.

bwdlionfan
07-30-2008, 05:51 PM
So we are suppose to believe that Ryan put in the slot t just for you guys? And because of that game Brownwood will be ready to play a team that runs the slot t to perfection. Not saying that is what you are trying to tell us. Would like to hear from Rocket on this.

I didn't mention anything about Liberty Hill in my post did I? I simply cleared up that Ryan did put that in just for us. I mean, a 10-1 playing an 11-0, why wouldn't they put in something new for us? I commend them, they honestly out coached us that day. They probably would have out coached any coaching staff in the state that day.

Rocket
07-30-2008, 05:52 PM

To quote you, Brownwood has never seen anything like this. Also, Wichita Falls Hirschi runs it as well. We have seen it. As far as the players, no, not so much. But the coaches have and will prepare for it.

And yes, Denton Ryan put it in their scheme just for us. And it was a circus act and a gimmick and it worked cuz we didn't even see it coming. Defense didn't know who had the ball. They pulled it out right before halftime and busted a 60 yarder on it. I believe they scored as well....

DDBooger
07-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Reread my post above, Ryan was not in the same offense against Brownwood they ran all year long. We did not see the spread that day at Texas Stadium. take it easy chief, i was responding to an LH poster, i realize you guys are catching from all directions, I was just curious. By the way all of yall should check out the La Marque vs Denton Ryan game on youtube. I forgot that it went 3 OTs. Both those teams were stacked.

bwdlionfan
07-30-2008, 05:58 PM
take it easy chief, i was responding to an LH poster, i realize you guys are catching from all directions, I was just curious. By the way all of yall should check out the La Marque vs Denton Ryan game on youtube. I forgot that it went 3 OTs. Both those teams were stacked.

Yea, I remember watching that game on tv. Made me sick thinking we probably had a good shot against them had our QB been healthy in that game.

Rocket
07-30-2008, 05:59 PM

It wasn't their main offense. It was a gimmick. ;)
They mixed it in and it worked. That is why it worked in 4A on that day. I will argue that all day long. But I guess I can't have an opinion about your precious little offense. Oh and since you saw them running a spread offense on YouTube then that means they didn't run the Slot T at all that day. :rolleyes:

Please tell me the difference between slot t and wing t. I am eager to learn from you since you know it all.

bwdlionfan
07-30-2008, 06:01 PM
It wasn't their main offense. It was a gimmick. ;)
They mixed it in and it worked. That is why it worked in 4A on that day. I will argue that all day long. But I guess I can't have an opinion about your precious little offense. Oh and since you saw them running a spread offense on YouTube then that means they didn't run the Slot T at all that day. :rolleyes:

That offense is tricky, but, it is NOTHING close to how tricky Stephenville's offense used to be! That was a true circus act.

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 06:05 PM
It's a good thing you saw a few slot t plays 5 years ago. It will come in real handy when you guys play us. You can have an opinion about our offense we don't care. It just might help if your opinion is based on something you have seen.

Rocket
07-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Wow is that all you got? LOL

So basically, you called me a liar and an idiot in your last posts. Also, you didn't step up and tell me the difference between the WING T and the SLOT T. Come on now Mr. Football. Tell me... WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

Also, I think a very well-known offensive coordinator can be seen going in and out of the coaching office up at Brownwood. Morris Southall? I think he knows a little about your precious offense... we won our state championships running something very similiar. In fact, your coach probably copied those schemes and built off of them. I mean Brownwood has legends, what does LH have? A gimmick... oh yeah.. and a couple of trophies. lol

pirate4state
07-30-2008, 06:11 PM
I know it is a good offense. But to act like LH invented it and that nobody is ready for it or can stop it is ignorant in itself. It is almost outlandish. I am sure LH will have some success and put points on the board.

well, i hate to point out the obvious, but it has been awhile since someone has stopped it. so i can see where some of their fans & fans of the offense are, in your words, "acting like lh invented it and that nobody is ready for it or can stop it" :D

i'll just be so honored to be at the game watching a school with such a rich & proud tradition :thumbsup:

Rocket
07-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
well, i hate to point out the obvious, but it has been awhile since someone has stopped it. so i can see where some of their fans & fans of the offense are, in your words, "acting like lh invented it and that nobody is ready for it or can stop it" :D

i'll just be so honored to be at the game watching a school with such a rich & proud tradition :thumbsup:

I know they are cocky, and they have a right to be. They have had alot of success recently and I applaud that. But to talk the way this guy is talking is making me laugh so hard I have a headache. Sorry, we won't bow down to you and your original offense that nobody can stop. Just ain't gonna happen. Oh and a little difference between these other teams you have been playing, Brownwood will knock the snot out of somebody, so I hope your boys can take it. It will just take 1 hit to send the message and it usually comes pretty early in the game...

We having fun yet? I know I am...

ProudHornetMom
07-30-2008, 06:22 PM

It's such a circus! A few years ago, when Coach Vance spoke at coaching school regarding the Slot-T, his sessions were held in a classroom. This year, he is speaking in a large auditorium to hundreds of coaches who don't necessarily want to change to the Slot but are trying to learn about it to be able to stop it.

You had mentioned that you respect a team that runs over you instead of tricking. A great Slot T program like LH does both. They'll trick ya but they will slam you as well coming from a different direction. Being able to execute misdirected Slot T plays require skill, strength and intelligence, not just the neanderthal approach to just stand up. Ask teams who have played against LH. They knew they were hit and they knew they were tricked and they knew that they lost.

LH and Brownwood will have a good game and I am confident that after the game you will respect LH's program, team and coaches. I'd be careful posting who you respect more....it's not easy to have eat crow on these boards.

pirate4state
07-30-2008, 06:24 PM
I know they are cocky, and they have a right to be. They have had alot of success recently and I applaud that. But to talk the way this guy is talking is making me laugh so hard I have a headache. Sorry, we won't bow down to you and your original offense that nobody can stop. Just ain't gonna happen. Oh and a little difference between these other teams you have been playing, Brownwood will knock the snot out of somebody, so I hope your boys can take it. It will just take 1 hit to send the message and it usually comes pretty early in the game...

I know I'm having fun. your posts crack me up, but they dont give me a headache, not yet anyway. :p

i'm not from lh, but i do like watching them play

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 06:26 PM
I'm not going to act like I know everything about the wing t or the slot t. One thing I know for sure is the formation is slightly different. Wingback in the wing t is outside the tight end. The slot back in the slot t is inside a flexed out receiver. I'm sure there are differences in terminalogy and I think the blocking scheme is different to. The lineman line up based on the strong side of the play and not always on their respective sides. Not sure if the wing does that or not.

I'm not trying to talk to you in a way that will give you a headache. I'm not the one that came on here talking about how simple Brownwoods offense is. I also don't try to belittle everything about other teams.

Oh and you guys didn't invent hitting in football. We have all seemed to pick up on that aspect of the game since the Gordon Wood years. That's right we all know how to play now too.

trojan37
07-30-2008, 08:13 PM

Little Billy doesn't play well with others, does he.

espn1
07-30-2008, 08:22 PM

I'll bet you a T-bone Steak that LH puts more than 300 yds on B'wood on the ground. Are you man enough to take it?

lostaussie
07-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Gilmer? Who is Gilmer? Are they another one of those overhyped 3A's like LH? don't go disrespecting like that. this team has more 3a wins than any team in the state the past 5 years. but hey..........we don't live in the past do we? sooner or later our paths will cross...............and I look forward to it. Haven't played a region I team yet that we have lost to.

pirate4state
07-30-2008, 08:25 PM
don't go disrespecting like that. this team has more 3a wins than any team in the state the past 5 years. but hey..........we don't live in the past do we? sooner or later our paths will cross...............and I look forward to it. Haven't played a region IV team yet that we have lost to. region iv? oye what did we do to you? :D ;)

BEAST
07-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Damn Rocket, stir the pot much? This is some pretty good smack. I for one have plenty of respect for the LHs and Celinas of 3A and I know Rocket does too, that being said, the rest of 3A better recognize that the top level of this highrise has a new and permanent resident. We are going to be 3A for the foreseeable future and plan to stake our claim.

BEAST

trojan37
07-30-2008, 08:28 PM
stake it first. You haven't shown anybody in 3A anything yet. Let the helmets do the talking.

lostaussie
07-30-2008, 08:28 PM
region iv? oye what did we do to you? :D ;) a PM would have been nicer to point out my faux pax:D

pirate4state
07-30-2008, 08:29 PM
a PM would have been nicer to point out my faux pax:D but it wouldn't have been fun that way :p i knew what you meant anyway :devil: :kiss:

lostaussie
07-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Damn Rocket, stir the pot much? This is some pretty good smack. I for one have plenty of respect for the LHs and Celinas of 3A and I know Rocket does too, that being said, the rest of 3A better recognize that the top level of this highrise has a new and permanent resident. We are going to be 3A for the foreseeable future and plan to stake our claim.

BEAST BAAAAAAAAHAAAAAA see WO-S.............and no disrespect to them. but after that 1st year..............about 1/2 of them posters left.

Necks_Fan
07-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Won't be the first time and surely won't be the last.
We shouldn't even show up and play. I mean you won a state championship last season and we are overhyped. Let's just save the gas money and mark it up as win.

Wow, you are a cocky guy....so arrogant to think that you are the only team that runs that circus offense and that WE HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE YOU. Sorry if I am not impressed by LH like everybody else is. Just another BUMP in the road as far as I am concerned. And if we lose? doen't really matter... you aren't in our district and it isn't a playoff game...and it is tough to beat a team twice in the same season. Well a good team, that is.. Lol. I didn't catch this the first time. Thanks LHPM.

Well, let me say this. I don't care one lick about LH or B'wood and I don't have a dog in this fight. I just said that about B'wood because you have made an ass out of yourself and because of that, I want them to lose.

MY team did NOT win a state title last year.

Say what you want about me, but if I'm cocky, well hell, I don't want to know what the people from B'wood are.

pirate4state
07-30-2008, 08:36 PM
i love all this "smalk talk" and no you don't have to be friends, but try not to ruin the fun for everyone else by acting like 5 year olds and start calling each names, mkay?

thanks.....

carry on :1popcorn:

espn1
07-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by espn1
I'll bet you a T-bone Steak that LH puts more than 300 yds on B'wood on the ground. Are you man enough to take it? I want a T-Bone, A Wing T-Bone.:D :D :D Rocket let me know how big a fan you are?????

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 08:40 PM
:stirpot: espn1:stirpot: ha ha ha

lostaussie
07-30-2008, 08:46 PM
i love all this "smalk talk" and no you don't have to be friends, but try not to ruin the fun for everyone else by acting like 5 year olds and start calling each names, mkay?

thanks.....

carry on :1popcorn: there are no rules that say we have to be nice to former 4a also-rans:D

BEAST
07-30-2008, 08:50 PM
stake it first. You haven't shown anybody in 3A anything yet. Let the helmets do the talking.

What the hell man. How could we. We've been playing and making deep playoff runs in 4A coming out of hands down the toughest 4A district in the state.

Just hold your water. I will make no comment about the first few games, but by December, we will be one of the last teams standing.

BEAST

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 08:52 PM
you guys didn't even go to the playoffs last year. Or am I wrong about that?

trojan37
07-30-2008, 08:53 PM
What the hell man. How could we. We've been playing and making deep playoff runs in 4A coming out of hands down the toughest 4A district in the state.

Just hold your water. I will make no comment about the first few games, but by December, we will be one of the last teams standing.

BEAST

Standing in front of the fire watching someone else play of t.v.:D :clap:

Daddy D 11
07-30-2008, 08:55 PM

BEAST

i LOVE posts like these:clap:

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 08:57 PM
When did you guys start bitching about having to play 4a? Was it in 1980? I know you having stopped bitching about it since you left 4a.

trojan37
07-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Heck, they got beat last year by Waco Midway, the same team that got beat by 3A GIDDINGS 2 years in a row. Okay, I'm done now.:D :sleeping:

wimbo_pro
07-30-2008, 09:01 PM
I don't think anyone needs to worry about LH's offense this year...or, for that matter, any year in recent memory. They're going to score a lot of points (as usual) and wear you down (as usual) and run out the clock (as usual).

The question is...will their defense be as good this year as it was in 2007 and/or as good as it was the 2nd half of 2006? If the answer is yes, then the teams they meet will be in big doo-doo. If the answer is no, then the better quality teams have a chance of out-scoring them.

Basically, when it comes to another Run at the Ring, I say LH's success will hinge on their defense more this year than their offense.

Daddy D 11
07-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I don't think anyone needs to worry about LH's offense this year...or, for that matter, any year in recent memory. They're going to score a lot of points (as usual) and wear you down (as usual) and run out the clock (as usual).

The question is...will their defense be as good this year as it was in 2007 and/or as good as it was the 2nd half of 2006? If the answer is yes, then the teams they meet will be in big doo-doo. If the answer is no, then the better quality teams have a chance of out-scoring them.

Basically, when it comes to another Run at the Ring, I say LH's success will hinge on their defense more this year than their offense.

very very good and accurate post:clap:

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 09:04 PM
That is why I always worry about Wimberley.

orange machine
07-30-2008, 09:21 PM
When did you guys start bitching about having to play 4a? Was it in 1980? I know you having stopped bitching about it since you left 4a.

Thats funny:clap:

orange machine
07-30-2008, 09:22 PM
It seems Brownwood keeps falling lower and lower in the dog house.:tongue::stirpot:

CelinaCatFan
07-30-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm certainly looking forward to this season. I may even have to skip our game and watch LH vs Brownwood.

orange machine
07-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
I'm certainly looking forward to this season. I may even have to skip our game and watch LH vs Brownwood.

Oh no you didnt:flaming:

orange machine
07-30-2008, 09:27 PM
who do we play that week?

Matthew328
07-30-2008, 09:45 PM
WOW what a thread, Rocket I have to dispute you on a few points.

You are correct on one thing Ryan did mix in some Slot T stuff in their 2003 game against you guys but honestly Liberty Hill executes the offense better than anyone. Preparing for them will be a chore for you guys. But comparing a few specialty plays Ryan threw in 4 years ago is nothing compared to preparing for the patience and execution Liberty Hill runs it with.

As for Liberty Hill inventing the offense.....ummmm they basically did...Jerry Vance was one of the inovators of the Slot T offense along with John Hall who is now at Bonham and one of the guys at San Marcos.

Wichita Falls Hirschi at least the past 2 years has not run the Slot T....they have been a straight up spread team. I dunno what they ran before 2006 but they haven't run it the past 2 years and even if they did run it back in 2005 or so they probably ran it very bad since they sucked.

The way to beat Liberty Hill and slow the offense down is to simply beat them up at the line of scrimmage and mess things up in the backfield.

CelinaCatFan
07-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Week 3...FW Arlington Heights at Celina

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
The way to beat Liberty Hill and slow the offense down is to simply beat them up at the line of scrimmage.
All I can say, is good luck with that. :)

orange machine
07-30-2008, 09:51 PM
I think Brownwood has opened up a can of worms they prolly should have just let lie.

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Speaking of let it die. I'm out on this thread. It was fun Rocket. I'm sure we will be back at it on Week 3.

bigwood33
07-30-2008, 09:54 PM
LH v Llano in week 10. Both teams run the "nasty slot". LH has been better but that should be a good one.

BTW, Bruce Bush is the father of the Slot-T and Coach Vance worked for him.

To anyone who thinks running teams can't win above 3A, check out Euless Trinity winning the 5A state championship last year, 50 rushing attempts and a whopping 8 passing attempts. Sorry bud, you have no clue.

Matthew328
07-30-2008, 10:03 PM
All I can say, is good luck with that. :)

Don't think anyone in 3A has that mix to physically dominate Liberty Hill...there might be teams who can get a stop or two on LH but not enough to slow them down

ProudHornetMom
07-30-2008, 10:13 PM

BEAST

That's what I call optimism! Coming from a district win/loss record of 2-3 and returning 8 total varsity players (if I read correctly). How deep a playoff run did you have last year? Being one of the last teams standing may be compared to Custer's last stand...it was a deep run as well. ;)

bigwood33
07-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
That's what I call optimism! Coming from a district win/loss record of 2-3 and returning 8 total varsity players (if I read correctly). How deep a playoff run did you have last year? Being one of the last teams standing may be compared to Custer's last stand...it was a deep run as well. ;)

8 starters 23 lettermen
DCTF

ProudHornetMom
07-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
8 starters 23 lettermen
DCTF

Thanks for clarifying.

Rocket
07-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the info Matt..it is always nice to see a post from somebody that actually knows something and shares it. Instead of being really vague and saying "wait and see".

Like I have said before, smack talk is one thing. The people talking the smack are usually not the one's playing in the game. Ha Ha

I have been talking to people that have seen LH play and they explained the Slot T to me. I LOVE RUNNING OFFENSES and look forward to watching the game Week 3. They also said that they mix it up as far as run over ya and around ya...that's cool.

What can of worms did I open on here? LOL I am just flapping my gums so to speak and having fun. You can best believe that Brownwood will show up ready to play and with much respect for LH. It is funny how we scheduled them quickly, probably one of the first things Freeman did when the announcement came down that we went 3A.

Like BEAST said, we will stake our claim. It may not be early in the season, but come December..oooh weee you better look out. I suspect it will take us a couple of games to adjust just because of some new kids we have playing on Varsity and new holes to fill, but Brownwood teams, in recent history, are like locomotives...they start off slow and once that momentum hits full speed, they get real tough to stop. And the season does nt revolve around the LH game... Stephenville is a much bigger game and then we roll into district.

It's all good people... having fun mixing it up with everybody. I also have a small announcement to make. The staff over at BrownwoodLions.com is talking about putting together a live internet tv show hosted by yours truly. Basically how it will work is you will see me talking and be able to talk and chat in a live window as the show goes on. Planning on allowing call ins and just talk football, Brownwood Football, District 2-3A Football, and 3A Football. We will also have special guests and hopefully some entertaining content. I think it would be alot of fun, but I guess we will see. More info on this to come soon... Matt, I want to get you on the show if we do it, if that is cool...

Football season is almost here...

Rocket
07-30-2008, 10:30 PM

2001..Brownwood misses the playoffs. 2002 Brownwood loses to Texas High in the Semifinal game.

1995 Brownwood goes 1-8-1. 1996 Brownwood goes 10-2.

If you want to base this season on last season, go right ahead. Doesn't really make a lot of sense. Also, Matt back me up on this, the District we played in the last 2 years was probably the most competitive in the state in all divisions. The last 2 years, 3 State Runner Ups, 1 Quarterfinalist (Brownwood). Now we drop to 3A and we do not plan on not being a powerhouse down here... I think that is what you are suggesting??? lol

pirate4state
07-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Am I on glue? Matthew has pretty much said what everyone else has been saying about liberty hill. :confused:

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Am I on glue? Matthew has pretty much said what everyone else has been saying about liberty hill. :confused:
Glue or something..... ;)

trojan37
07-30-2008, 10:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/Brooke88/WHSregionCHAMPS011.jpg

pirate4state
07-30-2008, 10:33 PM
AND he hasn't even seen them live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey matt, i guess just being you is all he needs :)

Rocket
07-30-2008, 10:35 PM

Please let me know which post stated that the coach developed the offense that LH is running? Matt also gave insight on how to beat them and what needs to happen. Lots more stuff in there... but I guess you already knew...

pirate4state
07-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Please let me know which post stated that the coach developed the offense that LH is running? Matt also gave insight on how to beat them and what needs to happen. Lots more stuff in there... but I guess you already knew... HAHAHAHAHAHA oh man....well matthew was responsible for sinton's loss to everman back in '01 so anything is possible!

trojan37
07-30-2008, 10:37 PM
How to beat LH? Too bad Johnny Carson isn't still around. Maybe the Swami has it in the little white envelope.

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2008, 10:38 PM
Matt also gave insight on how to beat them and what needs to happen.
You want to know what we run? Find some Packers footage from the 40's or 50's. :)

Rocket
07-30-2008, 10:39 PM
haha hahaha hahaha ah ha aha haha aha aha aha

good one.. I have respect for people that actually know what they are talking about. Unlike alot of people in this thread... including me..well, some of the time...

orange machine
07-30-2008, 10:40 PM
I believe Brownwoods biggest problem will be there Oline trying to stop LH Dline. Brownwood only returns two Olinemen.

Rocket
07-30-2008, 10:41 PM
You want to know what we run? Find some Packers footage from the 40's or 50's. :)

Naah, I will watch your game film...we already got some...

Rocket
07-30-2008, 10:42 PM
I believe Brownwoods biggest problem will be there Oline trying to stop LH Dline. Brownwood only returns two Olinemen.

Yeah but one of them will be serving up some flapjacks all night long...

orange machine
Send me some game film of LH i love watching them play.

orange machine
Yeah ,but that one cant do it all.

LH Panther Mom
Naah, I will watch your game film...we already got some...
Good deal! :thumbsup: Seems kind of early for what someone said earlier "a game that doesn't matter". :thinking:

Rocket
07-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah ,but that one cant do it all.

I appreciate the concern.... thank you.

Matthew328
07-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Nope never seen LH in person, but sometimes you get a lot more of the film than in person....as for stopping LH its not rocket science, but its easier said than done...but in talking to Coach Hall and discussing things in detail he agreed the type of team to stop LH is playing 4A or 5A....that being said Brownwood has the kind of offensive attack that can win a 42-35 type game with Liberty Hill which is what needs to be done at the 3A level to beat them. Brownwood will be big enough, athletic enough and well coached enough to make it interesting.

Yes, Brownwood played in 4A's toughest district the past two years and knocking heads with the likes of Cove and Waco will do nothing but help....

Rocket if you guys do something at your site count me in....everyone in Brownwood has always been good to me..even when we beat you guys 48-0 in the playoffs in 2005.....LOL I had to throw that in....

Rocket
07-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Good deal! :thumbsup: Seems kind of early for what someone said earlier "a game that doesn't matter". :thinking:

My simple opinion... and in the scheme of things, it really doesn't. Our season doesn't hinge on it and it won't affect our district standings. Will it be a huge game? um yeah... and I can't wait.

orange machine
07-30-2008, 10:47 PM
I appreciate the concern.... thank you.

Man you are a smart ace.:D :D

Rocket
07-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Nope never seen LH in person, but sometimes you get a lot more of the film than in person....as for stopping LH its not rocket science, but its easier said than done...but in talking to Coach Hall and discussing things in detail he agreed the type of team to stop LH is playing 4A or 5A....that being said Brownwood has the kind of offensive attack that can win a 42-35 type game with Liberty Hill which is what needs to be done at the 3A level to beat them. Brownwood will be big enough, athletic enough and well coached enough to make it interesting.

Yes, Brownwood played in 4A's toughest district the past two years and knocking heads with the likes of Cove and Waco will do nothing but help....

Rocket if you guys do something at your site count me in....everyone in Brownwood has always been good to me..even when we beat you guys 48-0 in the playoffs in 2005.....LOL I had to throw that in....

You talking about Everman? oh man... that was rough....real rough.... I had blocked that out until now.. ahhhhhh

Matthew328
07-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Those were good times my friend...not often as an Everman fan we got the chance to pay back all those but kickings we got in the late 1970s and 1980s

Rocket
07-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Everman gained alot of ground that day...
Another big game was in 1999... I believe... we came to your house and got beat.

Ranger Mom
07-30-2008, 10:57 PM
This has been the funnest thread I have read in some time!!!

I wonder if I can somehow finagle a weekend trip to the Liberty Hill area that weekend!!:D

pirate4state
07-30-2008, 10:58 PM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/respect.gif

Matthew328
07-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Everman gained alot of ground that day...
Another big game was in 1999... I believe... we came to your house and got beat.

Yeah the 1999 game was huge it started the turnaround for us...Deacon Burns was a bad ass though

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2008, 11:08 PM
This has been the funnest thread I have read in some time!!!

I wonder if I can somehow finagle a weekend trip to the Liberty Hill area that weekend!!:D
That would be SWEEEEEET if you could! Rita's planning on being here. :)

Ranger Mom
07-30-2008, 11:15 PM
That would be SWEEEEEET if you could! Rita's planning on being here. :)

What week is that? I wonder who we play.....although, our regular season schedule is YUCK!!! So it really doesn't matter!!

Don't mind me, I am just thinking aloud here!:p

ProudHornetMom
07-30-2008, 11:16 PM
2001..Brownwood misses the playoffs. 2002 Brownwood loses to Texas High in the Semifinal game. 1995 Brownwood goes 1-8-1. 1996 Brownwood goes 10-2.

If you want to base this season on last season, go right ahead. Doesn't really make a lot of sense. Also, Matt back me up on this, the District we played in the last 2 years was probably the most competitive in the state in all divisions. The last 2 years, 3 State Runner Ups, 1 Quarterfinalist (Brownwood). Now we drop to 3A and we do not plan on not being a powerhouse down here... I think that is what you are suggesting??? lol

You wrote that Brownwood had several recent "deep runs" in the playoffs. Brownwood was a small 4A school that dropped to 3A. You may well become a "powerhouse" in 3A but you aren't there yet. Get some big wins on the board first then "plan" all you want to be a powerhouse. Kicking at the knees of the back-to-back state team won't help. You'll have to gut up and then some.

What's that saying about earning respect...not demanding it?;)

Rocket
07-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Top 4 QB's of Brownwood since 1998.

Colby Freeman - 4 Year starter...unbelievable option QB. Would literally run over people. Ran the veer. Could have played linebacker with his size, but his speed was 4.5 40 and weighed about 200-205. Physical.

Deacon Burns - Could run as fast sideways as going forward. Most athletic to ever come out of Brownwood. I saw him juke every player on a team in one play and go to the house. In baseball, he hit the ball to first base and beat the tag, also stole home several times. Currently playing Triple A baseball.

Kirby Freeman - 3 year starter - Excellent arm and developed running game during Jr. Year. Fast and good size. More of a finesse runner and thrower than his brother, Colby. Had 200 yards rushing against Permian in the first Gordon Wood Classic. First play of the game was from the 20 and went to the house on a keeper. Will probably start for Baylor this season. Led Brownwood to the Semi's in 2002.

Casey Pachall - Started as a Soph in 2006. Rough start but by playoff time, was throwing and running like Kirby Freeman. Led Brownwood to the Quarterfinals past Ennis and others. Up and down year in 2007 after getting injured early on and not fully recovering. Looks to set it off in 2008 as The Top QB in 3A.

LH Panther Mom
07-30-2008, 11:19 PM
What week is that? I wonder who we play.....although, our regular season schedule is YUCK!!! So it really doesn't matter!!

Don't mind me, I am just thinking aloud here!:p
Week 3 (9/19); Greenwood plays at SA Lakeview

Rocket
07-30-2008, 11:21 PM
You wrote that Brownwood had several recent "deep runs" in the playoffs. Brownwood was a small 4A school that dropped to 3A. You may well become a "powerhouse" in 3A but you aren't there yet. Get some big wins on the board first then "plan" all you want to be a powerhouse. Kicking at the knees of the back-to-back state team won't help. You'll have to gut up and then some.

What's that saying about earning respect...not demanding it?;)

Earning it?
I guess Dave Campbell respects us enough to put us #3 after our horrible season. You don't have a clue. But you know more than he does right? have you read the rankings on this board? most people put us Top 5. ;) How about that for some respect?

orange machine
07-30-2008, 11:22 PM

Colby Freeman - 4 Year starter...unbelievable option QB. Would literally run over people. Ran the veer. Could have played linebacker with his size, but his speed was 4.5 40 and weighed about 200-205. Physical.

Deacon Burns - Could run as fast sideways as going forward. Most athletic to ever come out of Brownwood. I saw him juke every player on a team in one play and go to the house. In baseball, he hit the ball to first base and beat the tag, also stole home several times. Currently playing Triple A baseball.

Kirby Freeman - 3 year starter - Excellent arm and developed running game during Jr. Year. Fast and good size. More of a finesse runner and thrower than his brother, Colby. Had 200 yards rushing against Permian in the first Gordon Wood Classic. First play of the game was from the 20 and went to the house on a keeper. Will probably start for Baylor this season. Led Brownwood to the Semi's in 2002.

Casey Pachall - Started as a Soph in 2006. Rough start but by playoff time, was throwing and running like Kirby Freeman. Led Brownwood to the Quarterfinals past Ennis and others. Up and down year in 2007 after getting injured early on and not fully recovering. Looks to set it off in 2008 as The Top QB in 3A.

Casey is a good QB, but has alot to prove. He is up and down and qb like that get ou killed.

Ranger Mom
07-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Week 3 (9/19); Greenwood plays at SA Lakeview

blah....I better start planning my road trip!:D

trojan37
07-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Celina could beat Waco High and Copperas Cove!

orange machine
07-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Earning it?
I guess Dave Campbell respects us enough to put us #3 after our horrible season. You don't have a clue. But you know more than he does right? have you read the rankings on this board? most people put us Top 5. ;) How about that for some respect? What team are you from again? Never heard of ya... sorry, been playing teams like Permian, Denton Ryan, Waco High, Ennis, Copperas Cove, and so on...give me a break...

I think ole dave gave yall that because yall came from 4a and have 3 D1 kids. Gilmer had a team full of D1 kids and still couldnt win the big one.

Ranger Mom
Earning it?
I guess Dave Campbell respects us enough to put us #3 after our horrible season. You don't have a clue. But you know more than he does right? have you read the rankings on this board? most people put us Top 5. ;) How about that for some respect? What team are you from again? Never heard of ya... sorry, been playing teams like Permian, Denton Ryan, Waco High, Ennis, Copperas Cove, and so on...give me a break...

No need to be so caustic!! Geez!! Are you always so rude??

orange machine

Thats what im talkin bout.

Rocket
blah....I better start planning my road trip!:D

Lakeview should be a big win for ya'll...

Rocket
07-30-2008, 11:25 PM

wow...ignorant...

trojan37
07-30-2008, 11:27 PM
wow...ignorant...

No, not ignorant, a little retarded maybe, but not ignorant.

Ranger Mom
07-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Lakeview should be a big win for ya'll...

I dunno....I am really clueless as to what we have this season.

With no kids left in school and not knowing many people who have kids in school, I am out of the loop as far as info goes.

My niece is a trainer, but she never knows anything besides injuries!

When my daughter was a trainer, she was a wealth of information!

Rocket
07-30-2008, 11:28 PM
No need to be so caustic!! Geez!! Are you always so rude??

Oh yeah, her post was nice...basically said that we aren't a powerhouse and basically we have to earn it because we dropped to 3A? that makes no sense at all. Still shaking my head... I apologize if I was harsh. She fired the first shot..

orange machine
07-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Oh yeah, her post was nice...basically said that we aren't a powerhouse and basically we have to earn it because we dropped to 3A? that makes no sense at all. Still shaking my head... I apologize if I was harsh. She fired the first shot..

At this point yall are not a powerhouse.

Rocket
07-30-2008, 11:32 PM
At this point yall are not a powerhouse.

Well, we beat a 3A Semifinalist last season. But I guess that doesn't count right? Also slaughtered a 2 Round Playoff team. Hmmm.... I guess that is your opinion and you are entitled to it... ha ha

orange machine
07-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Im just speaking the truth. Powerhouses are teams like Euless Trinity, SLC, LH and of course Celina.

BleedOrange
Earning it?
I guess Dave Campbell respects us enough to put us #3 after our horrible season. You don't have a clue. But you know more than he does right? have you read the rankings on this board? most people put us Top 5. ;) How about that for some respect?

Let me simplify if for you. You earn on the field not in print. Hopefully not all Brownwood poster don't come off as rude as you do. The lady was making a legitimate point.

trojan37
S: (n) powerhouse (a team considered to be the best of its class)

orange machine
07-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Oh yeah and a team yall look alot alike Gilmer.

Rocket
07-30-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
Let me simplify if for you. You earn on the field not in print. Hopefully not all Brownwood poster don't come off as rude as you do. The lady was making a legitimate point.

I apologize. Sorry for the rudeness. Her post was not exactly respectful. Was it? I thought it was kind of rude.

Rocket
07-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Im just speaking the truth. Powerhouses are teams like Euless Trinity, SLC, LH and of course Celina.

Oh I see now... LOL

ProudHornetMom
07-30-2008, 11:39 PM
Earning it?

Please, I'm talking about YOU earning respect on the board. :rolleyes:

Brownwood will still have to win games in 2008 before you can declare Brownwood as a 3A powerhouse.

orange machine
Oh I see now... LOL

Well im glad you finally see.

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by BleedOrange

I just hate to see a "mom" talked to like that. What does it matter where she's from or if he has heard of it?

I have never claimed to have a lot of football knowledge, I DO know I have a heck of a lot more than I did when I joined this board 6 years ago.

I came here to LEARN what I could, and don't appreciate some male chauvinist talking down to me like I am an idiot....which has happened from time to time.

That being said, I have probably learned from LH Panther Mom more than anyone, she was raised around football, has had several of her boys play (and play well), so she knows what she is talking about.

She also doesn't make me feel stupid when I ask her a question!!

orange machine
07-30-2008, 11:40 PM
I have a feeling they wont be a power this year.

Rocket
07-30-2008, 11:43 PM
I apologize to all the moms..I didn't mean it as chauvanist. I appreciate any and all opinions. I overstepped and I am sorry.

orange machine
07-30-2008, 11:44 PM
You havent been on this site no time and have apologized so many times, that sould tell you something.

LHexPlayer
07-30-2008, 11:45 PM
:clap:

espn1
07-30-2008, 11:45 PM

Man you're starting to worry me! The way you're carrying on leads me to believe that you might have: Jocksniffleidis- The over indulgence of your favorite QB's Jock. It's not to be place on your face like an oxygen mask!

Ranger Mom
07-30-2008, 11:47 PM
I apologize to all the moms..I didn't mean it as chauvanist. I appreciate any and all opinions. I overstepped and I am sorry.

I am sure ProudHornetMom can take up for herself....but I get very defensive if I feel someone is unjustly attacking a mom.......I guess that is just the "mom" in me!

orange machine
lol :clap: :clap: :clap: :p :p :p

Rocket
Well, the more you post, the more you probably put your foot in your mouth.

I'll back off..it was fun..we made a good thread guys... ha ha..can't wait until week 3!

orange machine
07-30-2008, 11:49 PM
I did have a good time. Although Rocket is a turd im glad he is here so he can eat his words later in the season. :tongue: :taunt: :stirpot:

Ranger Mom
07-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Well, the more you post, the more you probably put your foot in your mouth.

I'll back off..it was fun..we made a good thread guys... ha ha..can't wait until week 3!

I can't agree with that....look at my post count.......I haven't stuck my foot in my mouth THAT much................have I??:confused: