PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Georgia Tech will be successful?

hawkfan
07-28-2008, 10:53 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=831054

I wanted to hear if anybody on here actually thinks Paul Johnson will have success running the triple option . I know some of you on here like the spread so much you want to make love to it, and I just wanted to know everybody's opinion.

raider red 2000
07-28-2008, 10:54 PM
yes....he knows how to win.

GreenMonster
07-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Coach, I'd love to watch this guy show up with his antique offense and beat up on some of these stuffed shirts that think they will just pound the pee out of him. Corners in today's game are NOT able to play force. QB will read the tackle and pitch off the end all night long. You know and I know that to beat the triple option you must be able to play good old fashioned assignment football and most teams of today simply can not do this.

JR2004
07-28-2008, 11:53 PM
He'll go to a bowl game. Whoop-de-freakin-do on that though since 64 teams go to those now. I liked watching his triple option offense at Navy, but honestly he's not going to go on an FSU-like streak of winning ACC titles while coaching the Ramblin' Wreck. He'll have some 8 and 9 win seasons and that's about it.

Old Tiger
07-29-2008, 12:13 AM
in 5 years maybe

raider red 2000
07-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
He'll go to a bowl game. Whoop-de-freakin-do on that though since 64 teams go to those now. I liked watching his triple option offense at Navy, but honestly he's not going to go on an FSU-like streak of winning ACC titles while coaching the Ramblin' Wreck. He'll have some 8 and 9 win seasons and that's about it.

8 wins is more wins than most get.....that isnt bad.....i guess if you dont win it all....then it was a bad year???

Cameron Crazy
07-29-2008, 12:41 AM
He will have some hard time at the beginning of the seaon, come confrence time he will have it down and they will have to stop him because if they dont he will be all over them

Dogman_1969
07-29-2008, 07:38 AM
I figure they will have a tough time in the beginning. But, give them a recruiting season to find the athletes that can run the offense and look out.

There are far more triple option athletes that are looking for a college than you may think. Triple option teams can take the QB and RB's that do not fit the spread attacks that you see now. They will be fun to watch.