PDA

View Full Version : Kwame Brown...

JR2004
07-28-2008, 10:32 PM
I need this guy's agent. A DNP machine who couldn't get off the bench in Memphis gets 8 million over 2 seasons? Thank you Joe Dumars for erasing any possibility that this bum ever plays in Lakerland again! Joe promised Pissed-on fans a big splash this summer and he delivered!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3508699

pirate4state
07-28-2008, 10:47 PM
you need to check your private messages

JR2004
07-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
you need to check your private messages

Whenever I figure out what the problem is with YIM I'll download it back to the computer.

Sweetwater Red
07-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I need this guy's agent. A DNP machine who couldn't get off the bench in Memphis gets 8 million over 2 seasons? Thank you Joe Dumars for erasing any possibility that this bum ever plays in Lakerland again! Joe promised Pissed-on fans a big splash this summer and he delivered!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3508699

Oh please! Joe D hasn't made one bad decision since becoming
the VP of Basketball operations. Larry Brown destroyed Milicic's
confidence while in Detroit by making him the human victory
cigar.

Joe has done an excellant job of bringing in the right players and
discarded the wrong ones. What? Do you think that the Laker GM
could do better? What's The GM's name again..Kobe Bryant?:rolleyes:

JR2004
07-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
cigar.

Come back to me around January after you've seen Kwame drop post entry pass after post entry pass and blow layup after layup. Let me know then how much you enjoy seeing your team pay this guy 4 million a season. I have never, in my life, seen Laker fans boo one of our own like they did Kwame in a game this past season.

PS I'll take our GM over every other one in the league with what he's been able to assemble.

Sweetwater Red
07-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Come back to me around January after you've seen Kwame drop post entry pass after post entry pass and blow layup after layup. Let me know then how much you enjoy seeing your team pay this guy 4 million a season. I have never, in my life, seen Laker fans boo one of our own like they did Kwame in a game this past season.

PS I'll take our GM over every other one in the league with what he's been able to assemble.

No. I'll get back to you sometime this offseason when Kobe is
complaining that he can't get it done with the players around
him. The ironic part is that he sorely missed Andrew "Freakin"
Bynum in the playoffs.:doh:

JasperDog94
07-30-2008, 09:00 AM
PS I'll take our GM over every other one in the league with what he's been able to assemble. Yeah, well it doesn't hurt that the Laker's GM was basically handed a great player in exchange for a Super Sized Big Mac combo either. And who did Memphis' GM used to work for again?:thinking:

Maroon87
07-30-2008, 10:40 AM

You're on.

forum_guy
07-30-2008, 02:39 PM
yep you are definitely right about the lakers gm...definitely one of the best if not the best...they will be around for many years with the youth they have on the team...i love it...and cant wait to see them with bynum back...on the other hand one gm i think is not doing anything for his team is the spurs gm...i hate to say it but the spurs arent building for the future and it seems that way because of the way they draft...the spurs are definitely on the decline which I also love....

JR2004
07-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yeah, well it doesn't hurt that the Laker's GM was basically handed a great player in exchange for a Super Sized Big Mac combo either. And who did Memphis' GM used to work for again?:thinking:

The GM in Memphis is Chris Wallace and he came from BOSTON and was rooting for Boston during the Finals. Jerry West was already back home in West Virginia watching his kid play basketball for WVU, the same school he played for. West's contract with Memphis ran out LAST July. He had nothing to do with anything they did this season. In that Gasol trade though we gave up Crittenton who Tex Winter happens to think is a special player. I trust Tex Winter's judgment and wish we hadn't had to have traded him to Memphis. Memphis was also able to use that pick to trade and obtain Darrell Arthur who is going to be a pretty good player down the road.

To recap. Mitch turned two guys who weren't playing for us in Brian Cook and Maurice Evans into Trevor Ariza. A guy who is good enough defensively that our head coach said he's our 2nd best perimeter defender and possibly better than Bryant defensively. If he stays healthy he'll eventually make the All-NBA defensive team down the road.

He drafted Andrew Bynum 10th overall in 2005. Only two guys drafted ahead of him in that draft would've still gone before him in Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Other guys selected before him? How about Ike Diogu, Channing Frye, Marvin Williams, Andrew Bogut, Charlie Villanueva, Martell Webster and Raymond Felton...LOL.

Jordan Farmer with the 26th pick in 2006. At least a dozen teams ahead of us needed a PG and passed on him. He's a starter for half the teams in the league right now, but has to wait his turn in LA due to Fisher.

The latest feather in his cap is for NOT trading for Artest and doing something that would set the team back by losing Odom. Add to that talking The Machine into taking a 3 year deal at five million per season when he wanted a 5-6 year deal. Yeah I'm pretty happy with our GM and his ability to evaluate talent.

Necks_Fan
07-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Raymond Felton I agree with Everything you said, except this.

Raymond Felton is a REALLY good NBA player. Probably should have been an All Star and will be one in the future. He is legit.

Everything else you said is spot on.

JR2004
07-30-2008, 03:35 PM
No. I'll get back to you sometime this offseason when Kobe is
complaining that he can't get it done with the players around
him. The ironic part is that he sorely missed Andrew "Freakin"
Bynum in the playoffs.:doh:

Somehow you forget that Bryant also said during the season that Bynum became "the player I had been praying for" and he completely reversed his stance on him once he saw how hard the kid was working to be a great player in the league. He even said our guys were a championship contender with Bynum in the lineup and that was before Gasol showed up. That's high praise for a 20 year old center. Bryant blowing his top turned out to be the best thing to happen to the Lakers in several years. The guy also went to our GM and say he was wrong and praised him for the moves he's made.

Maroon87
07-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
yep you are definitely right about the lakers gm...definitely one of the best if not the best...they will be around for many years with the youth they have on the team...i love it...and cant wait to see them with bynum back...on the other hand one gm i think is not doing anything for his team is the spurs gm...i hate to say it but the spurs arent building for the future and it seems that way because of the way they draft...the spurs are definitely on the decline which I also love....

We've been hearing that about the Spurs for years. Just because Buford doesn't make the splashy moves doesn't mean he's not doing anything. How many people had heard of Ginobili or Parker before he drafted them? He looks for players to fill a role.

forum_guy
07-30-2008, 11:38 PM
splashy moves??? first of all what moves have they ever made....and yeah they lucked up with ginobli and parker but its like they never try to improve the team during the year...they are always satisfied with what they got...maybe for starters they should play the season to get the number 1 seed so they can have home court...i think that would help them alot but they actually just relax during the season and then wish they had the home court during the playoffs...the spurs will be a 6 or 7 seed this year sorry spurs fans

Maroon87
07-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by forum_guy
splashy moves??? first of all what moves have they ever made....and yeah they lucked up with ginobli and parker but its like they never try to improve the team during the year...they are always satisfied with what they got...maybe for starters they should play the season to get the number 1 seed so they can have home court...i think that would help them alot but they actually just relax during the season and then wish they had the home court during the playoffs...the spurs will be a 6 or 7 seed this year sorry spurs fans

Read my previous post again, specifically the last sentence.

turbostud
07-31-2008, 01:13 PM
cigar.

HaHa. The Pistons could have drafted Carmelo Anthony or Dwayne Wade and instead they drafted Darko Milicic. That has to be up there with the Hershel Walker trade as one of the dumbest moves in professional sports to ever take place.
Darko 7.2 PPG in 07-08
Carmelo 25.7 PPG in 07-08
Wade 24.6 PPG in 07-08
You do the math. Its not rocket science.

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
HaHa. The Pistons could have drafted Carmelo Anthony and instead they drafted Darko Milicic. That has to be up there with the Hershel Walker trade as one of the dumbest moves in professional sports to ever take place.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/darko_milicic/head2head.html

At the time Tayshaun Prince looked like he was going to be
Detroit's SF for the next ten years. If Detroit would've won more
titles with this core group of players the Carmello thing wouldn't
even be a discussion.

Apparently you don't know the story about who was drafted
ahead of Michael Jordan.

When you break down the Hershal trade the only thing Dallas
actually ended up with was Russell Maryland and Darren Woodson.

Anything else I can teach you?:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2008, 01:40 PM

uhh not true at all brother

because of that trade they got Emmit smith, Issac Holt(who helped them win first SB) and then as u mentioned Woodson and Maryland

EDIT

Also got Kevin Smith and Clayton Holmes out of the picks

So got 5 players who directly helped win SBs

JasperDog94
07-31-2008, 01:49 PM

Anything else I can teach you?:thinking: Wow....

that is all.

DDBooger
07-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Emmit smith you could have stopped there :) haha

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2008, 01:52 PM
uhh not true at all brother

because of that trade they got Emmit smith, Issac Holt(who helped them win first SB) and then as u mentioned Woodson and Maryland

EDIT

Also got Kevin Smith and Clayton Holmes out of the picks

So got 5 players who directly helped win SBs

I thought Dallas used their "own" draft pick to get Smith.:confused:

Players selected with the actual picks traded to Dallas: 1990 1st Round (#21) TE Eric Green Pittsburgh
1990 2nd Round (#47) DT Dennis Brown San Francisco
1990 6th Round (#158) LB James Williams New Orleans
1991 1st Round (#11) OT Pat Harlow New England
1991 2nd Round (#38) DB Darryl Lewis Houston
1992 1st Round (#13) OL Eugene Chung New England
1992 2nd Round (#40) QB Matt Blundin Kansas City
1992 3rd Round (#71) RB Kevin Turner New England

http://min.scout.com/2/11653.html

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2008, 01:56 PM
I thought Dallas used their "own" draft pick to get Smith.:confused:

No they traded the Vikes 1990 #1 pick and their 3rd round for the Steelers first roung( it waspick 21 and 81 for 17)

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2008, 01:58 PM
No they traded the Vikes 1990 #1 pick and their 3rd round for the Steelers first roung( it waspick 21 and 81 for 17)

:doh:

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2008, 02:02 PM
:doh:
lol

of course ur probably one of those Detroit fans that claim Emmit was great simply because he ran behind such an amazing O-line

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2008, 02:13 PM
lol

of course ur probably one of those Detroit fans that claim Emmit was great simply because he ran behind such an amazing O-line

Nah...I've been down that road with you before and you've
convinced me otherwise. I have to say though that Barry was
probably hard to block for because the O-line never knew which
direction he was going to go behind him.

Txbroadcaster
07-31-2008, 02:15 PM
Nah...I've been down that road with you before and you've
convinced me otherwise. I have to say though that Barry was
probably hard to block for because the O-line never knew which
direction he was going to go behind him.

oh hey I loved Barry Sanders..I just get tired of hearing how the system Detroit used hurt him, when he has said before the system helped him because it spread the field and allowed him to pick his lanes

I will always say..Emmit..best all around RB of the two...Sanders most exciting of the two

turbostud
07-31-2008, 02:31 PM
even be a discussion.

ahead of Michael Jordan.

Yes you can teach me this math lesson wise one.
Darko 7.2 PPG in 07-08
Wade 24.6 PPG in 07-08

DDBooger
07-31-2008, 02:31 PM
oh hey I loved Barry Sanders..I just get tired of hearing how the system Detroit used hurt him, when he has said before the system helped him because it spread the field and allowed him to pick his lanes

I will always say..Emmit..best all around RB of the two...Sanders most exciting of the two saw an interview with sanders father. He still thinks Jim Brown was better than his son! haha Jim Brown was a badmutha... guy could dominate today.

turbostud
07-31-2008, 02:49 PM
even be a discussion.

ahead of Michael Jordan.

Or you could teach me this one.
Darko Career 5.5 PPG
Carmelo Career 24.4 PPG
Anyway you sugarcoat it your boy Dumars was an idiot for drafting Milicic. And as far as the Michael Jordon thing does Im not on here defending the Trail Blazers for taking Sam Bowie.

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2008, 02:51 PM
Yes you can teach me this math lesson wise one.
Darko 7.2 PPG in 07-08
Wade 24.6 PPG in 07-08

Hindsight is 20/20. Read what I said about Tayshaun again.:thinking:

Wise one..I kinda like that.:D

Necks_Fan
07-31-2008, 02:51 PM
Or you could teach me this one.
Darko Career 5.5 PPG
Carmelo Career 24.4 PPG
Anyway you sugarcoat it your boy Dumars was an idiot for drafting Milicic. Lol. I don't know how anybody can argue this. It would be best to just stop and save your credibility.

Lol. I have to agree here.

turbostud
07-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Hindsight is 20/20. Read what I said about Tayshaun again.:thinking:

Wise one..I kinda like that.:D
So I take it Math is not your specialty?;)

forum_guy
07-31-2008, 03:00 PM
fact of the matter is the pistons took a chance on kwame which is about as stupid as them takin a chance with darko...pistons will be in the east race again but no way they will win it...watch out for philly in the east with the addition of brand

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2008, 03:10 PM
So I take it Math is not your specialty?;)

I'll keep those stats in mind when I'm drafting my fantasy league
team.:thumbsup:

At that draft Detroit already had a proven 1,2,3 and 4. They
needed a big man. They were already contending. Larry Brown
totally misused Milicic and humiliated him by making him the
human victory cigar. If he would've bothered to try to develop
him he'd probably be Detroit's starting center and the Pistons
wouldn't even be in the market for a Kwame Brown.:thinking: