PDA

View Full Version : High school or NFL

orange machine
07-28-2008, 10:04 PM
What would you like to watch more

Cameron Crazy
07-28-2008, 10:07 PM
High school is so much more enjoyable to watch. The pros are cool too, its just you have a better feel for the game when you are at a high school football game. IMHO

piratebg
07-28-2008, 10:14 PM
I've only seen high school games and a couple of D-II college games. I'd love to see at least one pro game in my life so that is why I picked NFL. Compared to college and pro, though, I do believe high school ball is the best.

orange machine
07-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Your not missing much. Going to a high school game to me feels like true football, where you have the band and the atmosphere is just much more fun at the high school level.

GreenMonster
07-28-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm really fond of the college game. You get the best of the best from high schools all over the country and the players still play the game for pride and enjoyment. The NFL just isn't as good because all of the players are trying to stay healthy so they can keep getting their check as long as possible instead of playing with the reckless abandonment that the purest form of the game originally intended.

piratebg
07-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Your not missing much. Going to a high school game to me feels like true football, where you have the band and the atmosphere is just much more fun at the high school level.

Yeah I know what you mean. But I've always wanted to see a Cowboys game. I'll probably be satisfied after I see one game. As of right now, it looks like I'm closer to seeing a Longhorns game first. I'll take whatever I can get.

DDBooger
07-28-2008, 10:37 PM
college to me, nothing like hearing that bass drum banging and the feint sound of the band as it is coming in. people walking around yelling, screaming, drunk lol , tailgating (which is great at the pro level as well) good times!

zebrablue2
07-28-2008, 10:54 PM
High School any day..

Ranger Mom
07-28-2008, 11:02 PM
I have been to a Tech game.....would LOVE to see the Cowboys play........but High School football will always be my first love!

injuredinmelee
07-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I'm really fond of the college game. You get the best of the best from high schools all over the country and the players still play the game for pride and enjoyment. The NFL just isn't as good because all of the players are trying to stay healthy so they can keep getting their check as long as possible instead of playing with the reckless abandonment that the purest form of the game originally intended.

and posts like that are why you are our leader! :clap: :clap: :clap:

bandera7
07-28-2008, 11:58 PM
alot depends on which high school and which pro game. Honestly, I want to experience a game in Philadelphia, Green Bay, and Kansas City. But then again, I love watching the home town team.

JR2004
07-29-2008, 12:11 AM
NFL

neck_06
07-29-2008, 01:18 AM
neither.....i love COLLEGE football.

but if i had to choose, i'd pick NFL hands down.

Old Tiger
07-29-2008, 01:20 AM
college?

neck_06
07-29-2008, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
college?

yes, college.....its the 4-5 years in between high school and pro football

Old Tiger
07-29-2008, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
yes, college.....its the 4-5 years in between high school and pro football no dumby....college wasn't an option so i was saying college?

BILLYFRED0000
07-29-2008, 07:15 AM
High school hands down. Especially the smaller classifications. You get closer to the game and these guys are usually blue collar
variety and just plain like to hit.

RedWhiteBlue
07-29-2008, 07:36 AM
High School. Where the kids still have the innocence and naive love for the game. They play the game because they want to win for their school, their parents and hometown fans- not because they want to move on to some big time payout somewhere.

Silverback 04
07-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
college to me, nothing like hearing that bass drum banging and the feint sound of the band as it is coming in. people walking around yelling, screaming, drunk lol , tailgating (which is great at the pro level as well) good times!

Agreed, but College wasn't one of the choices.

Sweetwater Red
07-29-2008, 09:55 AM
High school.

I watched Dallas play Washington in Texas Stadium. The plays
were so fast that they almost seemed a blur. The actual play
didn't last but maybe 3 to 5 seconds. I was really disappointed.:(

IHS Fan
07-29-2008, 10:05 AM
give me high school over pro any time. i try to catch a hs game every week. i don't watch nfl much anymore. this year i'll be watching ingleside and TAMUK every weekend possible. my son left SHSU and transfered to TAMUK so he could get more playing time.

eagles_victory
07-29-2008, 10:09 AM
If were talking on TV Id much rather watch a pro game watching high school games on TV gets boring to me, but if we are talking live and in person Id rather watch a high school game. Maybe thats because every pro game Ive ever been to I had terrible seats but thats just what I think.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-29-2008, 10:13 AM
I personally love watching the NFL more than any other sport; however, if I'm actually going to the game, I'd pick High School (college if it was an option).

While the game is played much better in the NFL, it lacks the pageantry and the vested interest like a high school game. You need the band playing 'Final Countdown' or 'Horse'. You need the guy in the top row that's had season tickets for the past 50 years (at a whopping $50 per year!). You need to sit next to the woman with a huge button on her shirt of her boy on the field. You just don't get that in an NFL game.

pirate4state
07-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
If were talking on TV Id much rather watch a pro game watching high school games on TV gets boring to me, but if we are talking live and in person Id rather watch a high school game. Maybe thats because every pro game Ive ever been to I had terrible seats but thats just what I think. :iagree:

I've been to several Cowboy games and I've found that I don't enjoy watching pro football "live". As much as some of the commentators bug me, I like listening to them while I watch the game. I now understand why people bring along radios to live games.

ronwx5x
07-29-2008, 10:52 AM
1. Friday Nights - High School (and Saturdays during playoff season).

2. Sunday/Monday - NFL.

If they put high school games on Sunday/Monday, then High School wins that also.

eagles_victory
07-29-2008, 11:12 AM
The great thing is I dont have to choose which one I want to watch. I love Friday night at a high school game get to bed about 12 watch gameday and college football all day the next day. Then wake up and watch the Cowboys play doesnt get much better then that.

Necks_Fan
07-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
dumby :thinking: :confused: :vrycnfsd: :confused: :thinking:

Emerson1
07-29-2008, 01:15 PM
HS and NFL only if I care about it. College I can watch all day and it doesn't matter who's playing

BwdLions
07-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Definitely high school football. There's nothing better than watching high school football in Texas. Besides, the NFL is a business and has too many thugs and big egos.

I did go to one pro football game that I really enjoyed. I watched the Denver Broncos play in the old Mile High Stadium back in 1989 when John Elway was still playing. The Broncos beat the Steelers 38-7.

orange machine
07-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Looks like high school wins hands down.

trojan37
07-30-2008, 04:04 PM
High School for sure. Not all the money and contract disputes involved, and just a better atmosphere. It doesn't get any better than Texas high School football. Being at the Carroll-Miami Northwestern game with 31,000 plus people, it was unreal. Every now and then I like to catch a six man game if I can because those can be fun to watch sometimes too.

Diocletian
07-30-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm sure we're all in agreement with the following: High school games are what everyone would prefer to watch, but when you factor in convienence and availability...more people will watch NFL games more cause they are on 2 and 3 days a week.

Watching a HS game on TV is far worse than watching it in person... but watching an NFL game (in my opinion) is better on TV than in person.